Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off 22:55 - Jan 23 with 5580 viewscruncher

With these ex players players,and management moaning at the fans for not getting behind the team when they are of late constantly playing awful ,they suppose to be professional yet I imagine non of them would be able to handle playing in Greece or Italy in a high tempo match because the fans would put them off,ffs concentrate on your game and ignore the fans as many modern day premiership players do the atmosphere at PR not a touch on the bigger grounds around the country yet they are always complaining about the fans..
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 22:56]
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:01 - Jan 23 with 2728 viewsFixed_It

I think the point they are trying to make is that the fact that they are 'constantly playing awful' might be because the fans are on their back. Whether they should be able to ignore it or not, the point is that they aren't able to and therefore getting on their backs is not exactly helping.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:02 - Jan 23 with 2730 viewsLankHenners

Has it not occurred to you that when people with experience in the game keep saying how detrimental it is to the team's performance it is when fans act like utter divs during the match, it's because they're right?

I'm getting a bit pissed off with self-entitled melts pretending that everyone's against them and think it's perfectly acceptable to abuse your own players during the game, then complain when they don't play very well.

The whole 'players should always perform well and I'll only support them when they are' attitude stinks.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:06 - Jan 23 with 2689 viewscruncher

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:02 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

Has it not occurred to you that when people with experience in the game keep saying how detrimental it is to the team's performance it is when fans act like utter divs during the match, it's because they're right?

I'm getting a bit pissed off with self-entitled melts pretending that everyone's against them and think it's perfectly acceptable to abuse your own players during the game, then complain when they don't play very well.

The whole 'players should always perform well and I'll only support them when they are' attitude stinks.

Well your a div aswell, and I'm getting fed up with melts praising them when they are playing crap for decent monies.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:08 - Jan 23 with 2676 viewscruncher

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:01 - Jan 23 by Fixed_It

I think the point they are trying to make is that the fact that they are 'constantly playing awful' might be because the fans are on their back. Whether they should be able to ignore it or not, the point is that they aren't able to and therefore getting on their backs is not exactly helping.

It's not the fans fault when they can't pass ,and to be honest I think they incite the crowd by bring constantly poor.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:09 - Jan 23 with 2671 viewsJ2BLUE

I think he has a point but at the same time I can see why it annoys you. i think you make a fair point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:11 - Jan 23 with 2650 viewsLankHenners

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:06 - Jan 23 by cruncher

Well your a div aswell, and I'm getting fed up with melts praising them when they are playing crap for decent monies.

Cruncher, as a start, if you're going to insult people for their perceived lack of intelligence, it'll serve you well to read up on basic spelling and grammar.

It's not about praising them when they're crap, it's about showing them support when they need it most to help them and us through this tough spell.

If there were lots of people constantly booing and shouting abuse at you when you were trying to do your job, how do you think you'd get on? You certainly wouldn't be able to perform to your best abilities. Footballers are no different - they're people at the end of the day.

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:16 - Jan 23 with 2614 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:06 - Jan 23 by cruncher

I'm not for praising or clapping unless they deserve it but hurling abuse and booing can only be counter productive.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:17 - Jan 23 with 2598 viewscruncher

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:11 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

Cruncher, as a start, if you're going to insult people for their perceived lack of intelligence, it'll serve you well to read up on basic spelling and grammar.

It's not about praising them when they're crap, it's about showing them support when they need it most to help them and us through this tough spell.

If there were lots of people constantly booing and shouting abuse at you when you were trying to do your job, how do you think you'd get on? You certainly wouldn't be able to perform to your best abilities. Footballers are no different - they're people at the end of the day.

I would ignore it and if I was on their Sort of money I would over ride it absolutely ,and if I didn't perform at my job I would expect criticism and try to improve no matter who was yelling at me I just think they should look at them selves before blaming the crowd after all the crowd goes some way to paying their wages.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:18 - Jan 23 with 2582 viewspatrickswell

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:11 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

They need to start throwing us a bone or two, Henners. The inconsistent results are driving everyone crazy. Throw in the abysmal performance at Lincoln, where they didn't have to worry about Portman Road getting on their back, but instead showed a total lack of fight or composure, and can you blame fans for getting antsy.

Everything about our club in the last year screams "Mediocre". Nothing to get excited in or believe in. Just lies, spin, BS and inconsistency.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:21 - Jan 23 with 2552 viewsLankHenners

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:17 - Jan 23 by cruncher

I would ignore it and if I was on their Sort of money I would over ride it absolutely ,and if I didn't perform at my job I would expect criticism and try to improve no matter who was yelling at me I just think they should look at them selves before blaming the crowd after all the crowd goes some way to paying their wages.

The 'they get paid a lot so should deal with it' excuse. Right.

The players have come out and said they get fans' frustrations after games and can accept that criticism. The point is the counter-productive abuse during the games.

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:21 - Jan 23 with 2549 viewsGuthrum

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:08 - Jan 23 by cruncher

It's not the fans fault when they can't pass ,and to be honest I think they incite the crowd by bring constantly poor.

Come on, man, you surely can't believe they're doing it deliberately to wind up the fans? Who on either side would benefit from that?

What Dyer said was that irrespective of what you think of the team and their performances, thy are gong to need all the support they can get over the next few, difficult matches. Otherwise the club may find itself in trouble, in danger of getting relegated, even. The team are low on confidence, playing poorly. Anything which can be done to help them may make a difference - including encouragement from the fans.

It's an appeal for us to assist in lifting them out of the sh1t, not an admonishment for gatting annoyed in the first place.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:23 - Jan 23 with 2531 viewsLankHenners

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:18 - Jan 23 by patrickswell

They need to start throwing us a bone or two, Henners. The inconsistent results are driving everyone crazy. Throw in the abysmal performance at Lincoln, where they didn't have to worry about Portman Road getting on their back, but instead showed a total lack of fight or composure, and can you blame fans for getting antsy.

Everything about our club in the last year screams "Mediocre". Nothing to get excited in or believe in. Just lies, spin, BS and inconsistency.

I get the frustration, and it's hard to hide, but it's gone way above a level that it should be, to the extent that we need to keep being reminded how detrimental the atmosphere is.

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:27 - Jan 23 with 2490 viewscruncher

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:21 - Jan 23 by Guthrum

Come on, man, you surely can't believe they're doing it deliberately to wind up the fans? Who on either side would benefit from that?

What Dyer said was that irrespective of what you think of the team and their performances, thy are gong to need all the support they can get over the next few, difficult matches. Otherwise the club may find itself in trouble, in danger of getting relegated, even. The team are low on confidence, playing poorly. Anything which can be done to help them may make a difference - including encouragement from the fans.

It's an appeal for us to assist in lifting them out of the sh1t, not an admonishment for gatting annoyed in the first place.

I believe the fans are fed tight up with McCarthy tactics and ME running of the club and I wouldn't be suprised to see us nearer the bottom 3 if not in it even if they were playing behind closed doors it's just how ow things have got. Look at Lincoln no bottle at all.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:32 - Jan 23 with 2444 viewspatrickswell

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:23 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

I get the frustration, and it's hard to hide, but it's gone way above a level that it should be, to the extent that we need to keep being reminded how detrimental the atmosphere is.

I think that atmosphere is because between them, and in different ways, Evans, McCarthy and several senior players have bungled the positivity brought about after 2014-15. I would place Evans front and centre for that but neither Mick or the players have fully realised their potential in the last 18 months.

As for the fans - OK, I read people say how good the Bristol City game was at Portman Road - a good performance, a wonderful winner and how does the team respond to it? Defeat at QPR and a near loss to Lincoln. Then a week later, the fans get behind the team again and roar them on to victory against Blackburn. A turning point in the words of one poster here, particularly after Chambers's rallying call before the match...and then between Sincil Bank and John Smith's Stadium, it's all shown to be worthless. Have we really sunk so far that we can only expect 1 committed, skilful performance every 4 or 5 games?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 23:34]
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:44 - Jan 23 with 2412 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:02 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

So, if all the Town fans continue to BOO David Nugent when he turns out for Derby against us, he definitely WON'T score then?

Just saying, like.

Poor performances are just that & a certain acceptance of blame needs to be acknowledged by the majority of the squad.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:44 - Jan 23 with 2405 viewsStNeotsBlue

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:23 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

I'd say it hasn't been too extreme compared with how other club's supporters would react. I had a spare ticket for the Lincoln away game which my WBA supporting mate took, he was amazed at the final whistle that the abuse wasn't more widespread after that display.

That said I can never bring myself to boo any player or manager for their poor performance but we have gone from being an ugly but effective team to just being ugly and poor, apart from Tom Lawrence and when fit McG.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:45 - Jan 23 with 2397 viewsGuthrum

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:27 - Jan 23 by cruncher

I believe the fans are fed tight up with McCarthy tactics and ME running of the club and I wouldn't be suprised to see us nearer the bottom 3 if not in it even if they were playing behind closed doors it's just how ow things have got. Look at Lincoln no bottle at all.

Lincoln was a dreadful shambles all round (well, maybe Emmanuel did ok). But we've got to put that behind us and fight for League position.

Dyer is calling for the fans to offset some of the lack of confidence in the players, to produce the so-caller "12th man" effect. To remind them that we are on their side.

We might almost all want change in the management and ownership, in the style and results, but we do not actually want the club to go down the pan, disappearing into the lower divisions. The mess will be a heck of a lot more difficult to sort out down there.

It's not like the fans' dissatisfaction has gone unnoticed. Everyone is aware of what we feel. There's no actual need to repeat it all game every game.

We the supporters can help in saving the club on the pitch this season, then maybe things can start changing off it.

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:49 - Jan 23 with 2384 viewsGuthrum

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:44 - Jan 23 by Johnny_Boy

So, if all the Town fans continue to BOO David Nugent when he turns out for Derby against us, he definitely WON'T score then?

Just saying, like.

Poor performances are just that & a certain acceptance of blame needs to be acknowledged by the majority of the squad.

Booing members of the opposing team is likely to encourage them!

Doing the same to our own players will have the reverse effect.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 23:50]

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:51 - Jan 23 with 2366 viewsLankHenners

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:44 - Jan 23 by Johnny_Boy

Just saying, like.

Quite obviously, that scenario is completely different.

The players accept blame for poor performances: Chambers himself has said as recently as this weekend that the players need to step up. The issue, which continues to get ignored or brushed over for irrelevant or unrelated things, is players getting booed and abused during the match, which is detrimental to proceedings.

I really don't know how many times people need to be told by current and previous personnel that abuse and creation of a negative atmosphere during the game does not help and only goes to harm the already shattered confidence of the team.

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:53 - Jan 23 with 2340 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:49 - Jan 23 by Guthrum

Booing members of the opposing team is likely to encourage them!

Doing the same to our own players will have the reverse effect.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 23:50]

Oh I see. Gotcha.

Is there conclusive proof that this is the case?
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:56 - Jan 23 with 2303 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:51 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

Quite obviously, that scenario is completely different.

The players accept blame for poor performances: Chambers himself has said as recently as this weekend that the players need to step up. The issue, which continues to get ignored or brushed over for irrelevant or unrelated things, is players getting booed and abused during the match, which is detrimental to proceedings.

I really don't know how many times people need to be told by current and previous personnel that abuse and creation of a negative atmosphere during the game does not help and only goes to harm the already shattered confidence of the team.

Are you willing to agree that the majority of hostility is aimed directly at MM?
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:04 - Jan 24 with 2260 viewsLankHenners

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:56 - Jan 23 by Johnny_Boy

Are you willing to agree that the majority of hostility is aimed directly at MM?

I think a lot of the booing is genuinely aimed at Mick, but I don't really see how booing every time Douglas touched the ball at QPR was supposed to be, for example. Yes, it was in disagreement over the substitution, but it hardly helps him have a good game.

Add to that numerous reports of him being called a c*** and all sorts when he went near the Town fans during the game. Against Fulham as Chambers approached the North Stand after the game several people were giving him the vvanker sign.

A lot of it is aimed at MM, but is often misdirected and doing it during the match is not conducive to creating an atmosphere for the players to perform well in. Still a not insignificant amount of idiots abusing individual players as well.

If booing etc. has to be done at all, then it should be left until after the match.

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:07 - Jan 24 with 2237 viewsjeera

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:04 - Jan 24 by LankHenners

I think a lot of the booing is genuinely aimed at Mick, but I don't really see how booing every time Douglas touched the ball at QPR was supposed to be, for example. Yes, it was in disagreement over the substitution, but it hardly helps him have a good game.

Add to that numerous reports of him being called a c*** and all sorts when he went near the Town fans during the game. Against Fulham as Chambers approached the North Stand after the game several people were giving him the vvanker sign.

A lot of it is aimed at MM, but is often misdirected and doing it during the match is not conducive to creating an atmosphere for the players to perform well in. Still a not insignificant amount of idiots abusing individual players as well.

If booing etc. has to be done at all, then it should be left until after the match.

It's unbelievable any adult would want to behave in that way.

Embarrassing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:14 - Jan 24 with 2201 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:04 - Jan 24 by LankHenners

Did we (TWTD) not have this exact same discussion on negativity & its detrimental merits when PJ was manager? Apologies if I'm mistaken, but I'm sure Dolly was castigated for daring to suggest a negative PR was essentially poisoning the team & the poor results were a direct factor.

He was told (in no uncertain terms) "How could the fans affect the ability of professional football players?"

I'm not suggesting you were one of those people, but there were quite a lot on here at the time mocking such notions.

There's a few 'Super Fan' factions which want all the fans to 100% get behind the manager/team, yet were vociferous in their anger that we didn't lose to Barnsley all those years back in order to see the back of PJ.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 0:20]
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:20 - Jan 24 with 2167 viewsGuthrum

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:53 - Jan 23 by Johnny_Boy

Oh I see. Gotcha.

Is there conclusive proof that this is the case?

Must be pretty disheartening when your own supporters have turned against you. Yes, I know the anger is mainly intended for McCarthy and Evans, but the players are in the firing line.

Not like Nugent, to whom our booing just demonstrates how dangerous he is to us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024