Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jury Duty 12:05 - Jan 25 with 6534 viewsunbelievablue

Who on here has been summoned? If so, to what extent could you legally discuss your experiences? I am intrigued.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Jury Duty on 12:06 - Jan 25 with 3280 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

You beat me to it haha

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Jury Duty on 12:06 - Jan 25 with 3286 viewsReuser_is_God

My old man done it a few years back.

Said it was easiest 2 weeks of his working life, was home by 2pm every day & on full pay.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jury Duty on 12:12 - Jan 25 with 3245 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jury Duty on 12:06 - Jan 25 by Reuser_is_God

My old man done it a few years back.

Said it was easiest 2 weeks of his working life, was home by 2pm every day & on full pay.

Apparently you get, on top of your full pay, expenses for lunch and travelling too. An extra tenner a day or whatever.

And if you have a murder or rape case, you can't be up for jury duty again afterwards

I'd like to do it

Jury Duty on 12:12 - Jan 25 with 3237 viewsRyorry

Jury Duty on 12:06 - Jan 25 by The_Romford_Blue

You beat me to it haha

If you do get selected, please don't just "guess" when it comes to the decision.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Jury Duty on 12:13 - Jan 25 with 3238 viewsgtsb1966

I came home from holiday once to find a letter on my doorstep telling me I was to do jury duty. At the time I had young children and my wife worked days and me nights so having to do jury service would have put us out greatly. On the form I received was a section asking if anyone thinks they should be exempt from doing it. I wrote that I couldn't care about any case and would just go along with the majority even if I thought they were wrong so the case would be over . I've never been asked again and that was from 1995. P.s....if I had still been called up I would like to point out I would have done it to the best of my ability because that persons freedom would've have been at stake.
Jury Duty on 12:15 - Jan 25 with 3212 viewsITFC_Forever

I done it when I was about 22.

Had a case which I'd rather not talk about as it wasn't very nice and a couple of scraps in town. We found 2 guilty and 1 was thrown out of court.

Around that time was the trails of t he Millwall fans after they re-arranged Portman Rd following their relegation in 1996, I didn't get them - I think they may have been on in the other court-room.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jury Duty on 12:15 - Jan 25 with 3184 viewsGeoffSentence

Jury Duty on 12:12 - Jan 25 by Ryorry

If you do get selected, please don't just "guess" when it comes to the decision.

It could be worse, my mother-in-law did jury duty some years back and she made her mind up the moment she saw the defendant based entirely on his 'appearance'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jury Duty on 12:16 - Jan 25 with 3170 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jury Duty on 12:12 - Jan 25 by Ryorry

Id like to think the prosecution and defence would be far more persuasive than either side were for brexit

Login to get fewer ads

Jury Duty on 12:17 - Jan 25 with 3164 viewsRyorry

Jury Duty on 12:15 - Jan 25 by GeoffSentence

It could be worse, my mother-in-law did jury duty some years back and she made her mind up the moment she saw the defendant based entirely on his 'appearance'.

I'm afraid my own mother would have done exactly the same :(

Jury Duty on 12:18 - Jan 25 with 3161 viewsJ2BLUE

I would do pretty much anything to get out of it if I was summoned.

Up to and including telling them I am Batman at weekends and racist towards every known group, including my own.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jury Duty on 12:19 - Jan 25 with 3137 viewsSarge

I got called up. Got it deferred and then excused. Happy days!
Jury Duty on 12:20 - Jan 25 with 3128 viewsGeoffSentence

Jury Duty on 12:17 - Jan 25 by Ryorry

I'm afraid my own mother would have done exactly the same :(

Luckily it didn't make much of a difference in this case, unless everyone else on the jury used the same yardstick for assessing guilt.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jury Duty on 12:20 - Jan 25 with 3127 viewsunbelievablue

Jury Duty on 12:18 - Jan 25 by J2BLUE

Up to and including telling them I am Batman at weekends and racist towards every known group, including my own.

If you mentioned your diet you'd probably get off on the grounds of diminished capacity.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Jury Duty on 12:21 - Jan 25 with 3110 viewsJ2BLUE

Jury Duty on 12:20 - Jan 25 by unbelievablue

If you mentioned your diet you'd probably get off on the grounds of diminished capacity.

I'll add it to the list, it can't hurt.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jury Duty on 12:21 - Jan 25 with 3110 viewsITFC_Forever

Jury Duty on 12:18 - Jan 25 by J2BLUE

Why?

It's pretty interesting to see.... I'd do it again if asked.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jury Duty on 12:27 - Jan 25 with 3050 viewsgtsb1966

Jury Duty on 12:21 - Jan 25 by ITFC_Forever

Why?

Each to their own I suppose but I'm with J2 on this. I can't think of anything more boring especially if it's a long drawn out case.
Jury Duty on 12:27 - Jan 25 with 3048 viewsRyorry

Jury Duty on 12:21 - Jan 25 by ITFC_Forever

Why?

Circumstances permitting, so would I, because we all may ourselves need the jury system one day, and do to others as you would wish to be done by. If I were accused of something I'd not done, I'd like to be judged by 12 of my peers who were responsible, reasonable, conscientious and fair.

Jury Duty on 12:27 - Jan 25 with 3042 viewsgerard1947

I had the call several years ago. You become part of a pool from which the jury is selected. If your name comes out of the hat an usher takes you into the court. The accused has the right to deselect anyone he/she doesn't like the look of. He didn't like the look of me so I was rejected. Must have been my black hat!
Jury Duty on 12:28 - Jan 25 with 3028 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was summoned about five years ago for a fraud case. Turned up every day and every day the case was adjourned until after 4 days we were sent home.

I've been summoned again for next month.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jury Duty on 12:32 - Jan 25 with 2985 viewsNo9

I was summoned but got out of it.
Not going to tell ylou how on open circuit tho'
Jury Duty on 12:33 - Jan 25 with 2969 viewsgtsb1966

Jury Duty on 12:28 - Jan 25 by GlasgowBlue

I was summoned about five years ago for a fraud case. Turned up every day and every day the case was adjourned until after 4 days we were sent home.

Imagine if your case comes down to your vote and although the accused has blatantly committed a heinous crime it comes to light he is a member of the Conservative party. That's you f****d
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 12:50]
Jury Duty on 12:36 - Jan 25 with 2943 viewsRyorry

Jury Duty on 12:28 - Jan 25 by GlasgowBlue

I think you'll prob be a good juror when all's said and done. At least you've got a brain & are responsible - occasionally ;)

Jury Duty on 12:37 - Jan 25 with 2933 viewshype313

Got called last year to do it, luckily it was the week running up to Good Friday and then the week commencing Easter Monday so they didn't bother giving us many cases, I only got called to one which was some guy carrying Cannabis, pretty dull all in all and a lot of sitting around.

A friend just recently has done a 12 week stint, I would really struggle with that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jury Duty on 12:52 - Jan 25 with 2851 viewsEastTownBlue

I was called up last year. A week beforehand they phoned to say they had too many people for jury service so gave me the option to defer and get called up later or get out of it all together. I decided to avoid it.
Jury Duty on 12:58 - Jan 25 with 2823 viewsblue62

From an employer's point of view it's a pain in the ****.

I don't think you ever make money. Companies do not have to pay you full pay and you can claim an allowance and travel.

From the people I have spoken to, it is the most boring waste of time. You have to sit in a room, without phones and wait to be called, most of the time the prosecution or defence do not turn up.

You can't dodge it easily, defer but they do come back after you again.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 16:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024