Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards 05:28 - Jan 26 with 5806 viewsBenters

This season ?

I must say Leeds are another good team to watch at the mo.

3rd in the table blimey .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:46 - Jan 26 with 2050 viewsBenters

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:27 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Simple.

After they had sold Byram to West Ham and Cook to Bournemouth they re-invested money in making their team stronger and better.

They weren't interested to be a ridiculous tinpot outfit to fund permanent deals for the players of Best, Coke, Toure or Varney calibre. They wanted a progress therefore they decided to spend a bit and bolster their team and it seems to be paying off this season. A few good players signed up + a few their own youngsters, forward thinking manager they are indeed making a progress.

Yet the happy clapping gang here keeps defending Evans and McCarthy.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 9:28]

Smashing Mach

Gentlybentley

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:52 - Jan 26 with 2049 viewsBenters

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:28 - Jan 26 by Reuser_is_God

It was horrendous.

Pitman - still here, doesn't suit our style
Fraser - was never going to sign permanently
Knudsen - woeful
Oar - long gone
Douglas - woeful
Coke - who?
Toure - long gone
Malarkzyk - long gone
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 10:30]

"gem's"

Gentlybentley

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:26 - Jan 26 with 2022 viewschicoazul

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:28 - Jan 26 by Reuser_is_God

It was horrendous.

Pitman - still here, doesn't suit our style
Fraser - was never going to sign permanently
Knudsen - woeful
Oar - long gone
Douglas - woeful
Coke - who?
Toure - long gone
Malarkzyk - long gone
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 10:30]

Interesting post. PIttman was our top scorer last year and 2nd top this year behind Ward who got a hat trick 1st game and Lawrence who is mint. So I cant agree that he doesnt suit us, although I dont know if he and Didz for instance would make a good partnership. I agree with all your other points though. Webster is far and away our best signing since we bought Mings, Ward has a lot to prove.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:31 - Jan 26 with 2011 viewsLankHenners

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:26 - Jan 26 by chicoazul

Interesting post. PIttman was our top scorer last year and 2nd top this year behind Ward who got a hat trick 1st game and Lawrence who is mint. So I cant agree that he doesnt suit us, although I dont know if he and Didz for instance would make a good partnership. I agree with all your other points though. Webster is far and away our best signing since we bought Mings, Ward has a lot to prove.

Pitman's always been a great finisher - he'll score goals wherever he plays. However, it's sometimes (well, most of the time) painful to watch us just lump it up to him when he's so unsuited to that role. Worth bearing in mind that he's only scored 4 goals, two of which were penalties, which hardly indicates he fits our style at all.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:32 - Jan 26 with 2003 viewsStenvict

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:27 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Simple.

After they had sold Byram to West Ham and Cook to Bournemouth they re-invested money in making their team stronger and better.

They weren't interested to be a ridiculous tinpot outfit to fund permanent deals for the players of Best, Coke, Toure or Varney calibre. They wanted a progress therefore they decided to spend a bit and bolster their team and it seems to be paying off this season. A few good players signed up + a few their own youngsters, forward thinking manager they are indeed making a progress.

All of what you said is true, but there is no need to label those that have a different opinion to you as 'happy clappers'. We all have a our opinions on whose fault it is, but ultimately we all support the same club.

Poll: What will be announced first?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:38 - Jan 26 with 1979 viewschicoazul

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:31 - Jan 26 by LankHenners

Pitman's always been a great finisher - he'll score goals wherever he plays. However, it's sometimes (well, most of the time) painful to watch us just lump it up to him when he's so unsuited to that role. Worth bearing in mind that he's only scored 4 goals, two of which were penalties, which hardly indicates he fits our style at all.

He's only started 9 games and come on in 4 due to his injuries.. I agree that he isnt Murphy and the team seem to treat him like he is. I'd love to see him with Didz as a 10 with him just to see if it could work and I think it would. It's weird though, sometimes he looks like a celeb in a UNICEF match who turns out to be half decent.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 12:02 - Jan 26 with 1953 viewsLankHenners

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:38 - Jan 26 by chicoazul

He's only started 9 games and come on in 4 due to his injuries.. I agree that he isnt Murphy and the team seem to treat him like he is. I'd love to see him with Didz as a 10 with him just to see if it could work and I think it would. It's weird though, sometimes he looks like a celeb in a UNICEF match who turns out to be half decent.

At Bournemouth he was always playing off a bigger more physical striker like Kermogant or Wilson so he had space to play his game. He's not big enough for us to play balls up to him all the time and he's so painfully slow that playing balls through for him to run on to is a waste of time. Him and Did together could produce some special things but we would have to stop whacking it long to them as they'd get bullied out of the game.

My uncle described Pitman when he saw him at the Fulham game as like an aging, once-good striker who's dropped down the leagues to turn out for his local non-league side out of respect for the area. Hard to disagree going on his performance that day - he does look quite odd shuffling round the pitch at times.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 12:16 - Jan 26 with 1934 viewsReuser_is_God

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:31 - Jan 26 by LankHenners

This.

The way we play doesn't accommodate someone who is just a finisher, unfortunately.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 12:18 - Jan 26 with 1931 viewsoldbluestu

It's called football, sometimes everything clicks and sometimes it doesn't

How can Leicester go from struggling one season to winning the Prem the next and then struggling again. Surely they should never struggle as all they have to do is follow 100% the powerpoint plan they created last season and win the Prem again?

Football isn't that simple there isn't a magic formula
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 12:19 - Jan 26 with 1927 viewsMach_foreignBlue

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:32 - Jan 26 by Stenvict

All of what you said is true, but there is no need to label those that have a different opinion to you as 'happy clappers'. We all have a our opinions on whose fault it is, but ultimately we all support the same club.

I've been slated and labelled in various ways by those too. Various comments towards myself or others like moaner, whiny, bedwetter, I should be careful for what I wish for etc etc.... just because I do voice my displeasure/anger that the club is run and managed by people who themselves have no genuine interest to make us stronger, better and progressive.
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 12:20 - Jan 26 with 1927 viewsNo9

Am I alone in thinking Gary Monk would have been a good acquisition for UTFC after he got bagged by the Welsh?
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 01:14 - Jan 27 with 1883 viewsbournemouthblue

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:45 - Jan 26 by chislehurstblue

Monk is a good manager

Not sure about your comments about MM - Not too different to Pulis, Rowett (who most on here want as our new manager) Big Sam to name but a few.

Makes me laugh - MM is a relic/Dino Mick and then state that they want Rowett.

The difference between MM and someone like Bruce who also subscribes to a similar approach is tactical awareness and nous imho

MM is very good at getting average players playing a simple system effectively, He is very good at getting his teams organised and working hard.

He is less good at changing a game when the chips are down, altering tactics or an approach through a game.

He lacks dynamism and at times is very stubborn tactically.

I do think his sides are good once they have a lead but poor when they fall behind. He would be a Premiership manager if he was better at altering the outcomes of games when his sides are trailing.

I genuinely think he is trying to improve our playing style but doesn't have a clue how to go about doing despite having a decent catalogue of players with some decent technical ability.

The injury list certainly hasn't helped but he has the personnel to play a far more expansive playing style than our selected line ups currently offer imho.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 01:18 - Jan 27 with 1871 viewsIpswichIrish

Leeds sell players then give the manager money to spend
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 01:24 - Jan 27 with 1869 viewsSmellyCat

Simple.

"Happy clapping". Except nobody's doing that except in your head. Still, makes you feel big doesn't it? Making sh+t up to suit your delusions.
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 01:26 - Jan 27 with 1864 viewsSmellyCat

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 12:19 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

I've been slated and labelled in various ways by those too. Various comments towards myself or others like moaner, whiny, bedwetter, I should be careful for what I wish for etc etc.... just because I do voice my displeasure/anger that the club is run and managed by people who themselves have no genuine interest to make us stronger, better and progressive.

Nah,it's cos u got anger issues and are a bit weird.
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 05:28 - Jan 27 with 1833 viewsBenters

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 01:24 - Jan 27 by SmellyCat

"Happy clapping". Except nobody's doing that except in your head. Still, makes you feel big doesn't it? Making sh+t up to suit your delusions.

Christ on a bike .

Gentlybentley

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:41 - Jan 27 with 1802 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 12:20 - Jan 26 by No9

Am I alone in thinking Gary Monk would have been a good acquisition for UTFC after he got bagged by the Welsh?

Yeah, but he's well out of Uxfield's league to be fair

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:46 - Jan 27 with 1799 viewsJohnhoz

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:45 - Jan 26 by chislehurstblue

Monk is a good manager

Not sure about your comments about MM - Not too different to Pulis, Rowett (who most on here want as our new manager) Big Sam to name but a few.

Makes me laugh - MM is a relic/Dino Mick and then state that they want Rowett.

Agree about Rowett. I remember him scoring at PR for Cambridge when he was a baby faced 17 year old. That John Beck side were Total Hoofball. I don't really see the attraction

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:50 - Jan 27 with 1793 viewsmos

Huge club with history
Decent and willing owner
In a good place to attract players from around the area (geographically, other clubs are near)
Big support

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 11:55 - Jan 27 with 1743 viewsRoyKeanesDog

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:22 - Jan 26 by Benters

He is having a great season... didnt he used to be at town ?

Yeah. Guess what.

He got booed.

Poll: Best Football Song

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 14:47 - Jan 27 with 1709 viewspablosturn

Simple.

People told me, Toure might be good, coke might be a good signing, varney might be good. Give them time, don't be negative. lol

These player eat up wages and aren't on £500 a week, just get some in form young uk players from league 1 or lower champ clubs and see them prosper.

Lets stop buying fross like taylor, spence, best, toure, bajner, varney, bru and get some proper talent in
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 14:59 - Jan 27 with 1693 viewsmadmouse1959

Good for football. It is good seeing Leeds play attacking football and win football matches by scoring goals.
The plan worked. Recruit the players who want to win and can do the job.

shampoo dave

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 15:08 - Jan 27 with 1685 viewsPRman

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 14:59 - Jan 27 by madmouse1959

Good for football. It is good seeing Leeds play attacking football and win football matches by scoring goals.
The plan worked. Recruit the players who want to win and can do the job.

Because Leeds are a genuinely huge club?
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 17:24 - Jan 27 with 1643 viewsFreddy

Good manager
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 17:44 - Jan 27 with 1632 viewsstrikalite

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:50 - Jan 27 by mos

Huge club with history
Decent and willing owner
In a good place to attract players from around the area (geographically, other clubs are near)
Big support

A young player would sooner go to a big City like Leeds up north close to Manchester and lake district etc...your Mrs would too lets be honest, the lifestyle is all part of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024