Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watch out Kodi users the government 07:24 - Jan 26 with 3087 viewscruncher

Is coming to close you down could this be the end of it?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/kodi-warning-users-who-illegally-9693120
Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:39 - Jan 26 with 2996 viewsbournemouthblue

There is always something which comes out which is ahead of it's time. At some stage they'll stop it and something else will emerge

Whether it was Napster, Limewire, Kazaa, Torrents etc

Kodi in itself is a perfectly legitimate piece of software, it's the dodgy add ons you can put on it which are the issue. How do you Police that?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 7:40]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:44 - Jan 26 with 2958 viewsgingerbond

Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:39 - Jan 26 by bournemouthblue

There is always something which comes out which is ahead of it's time. At some stage they'll stop it and something else will emerge

Whether it was Napster, Limewire, Kazaa, Torrents etc

Kodi in itself is a perfectly legitimate piece of software, it's the dodgy add ons you can put on it which are the issue. How do you Police that?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 7:40]

They are after the people who are selling them pre loaded not the people using it. Plus currently in the EU streaming is not technically illegal!
Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:53 - Jan 26 with 2922 viewssparks

Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:44 - Jan 26 by gingerbond

They are after the people who are selling them pre loaded not the people using it. Plus currently in the EU streaming is not technically illegal!

I'm intrigued by the suggestion that illegal streaming is not illegal. Do elaborate

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Watch out Kodi users the government on 08:09 - Jan 26 with 2833 viewsgtsb1966

Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:44 - Jan 26 by gingerbond

Whilst that maybe true you can get a blank box and load it yourself due to the idiot proof tutorials on YouTube. That can't be policed. Also Mobdro is a separate platform from Kodi and there must be loads like that. I can see the only option is to prosecute the end user. I hope not as I have loads of add ons.
Watch out Kodi users the government on 00:56 - Jan 27 with 2591 viewsbournemouthblue

Watch out Kodi users the government on 08:09 - Jan 26 by gtsb1966

Whilst that maybe true you can get a blank box and load it yourself due to the idiot proof tutorials on YouTube. That can't be policed. Also Mobdro is a separate platform from Kodi and there must be loads like that. I can see the only option is to prosecute the end user. I hope not as I have loads of add ons.

In the EU you maybe safe, outside the EU under our particularly Right Wing Government, you could see them going after the 'little men' so to speak

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:58 - Jan 27 with 2341 viewsgainsboroughblue

Source: The Mirror.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Watch out Kodi users the government on 09:04 - Jan 27 with 2265 viewsflimflam

Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:53 - Jan 26 by sparks

I'm intrigued by the suggestion that illegal streaming is not illegal. Do elaborate

If you down load content then that is illegal but if you stream then that is not as you never actually have the content stored locally its all online.
Perfectly legal to stream and you cannot be prosecuted for it so even if they went after kodi end users then they could not prosecute them anyway.
The story is about going after the people who load the boxes up and sell them on.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Watch out Kodi users the government on 09:12 - Jan 27 with 2246 viewssparks

Watch out Kodi users the government on 09:04 - Jan 27 by flimflam

If you down load content then that is illegal but if you stream then that is not as you never actually have the content stored locally its all online.
Perfectly legal to stream and you cannot be prosecuted for it so even if they went after kodi end users then they could not prosecute them anyway.
The story is about going after the people who load the boxes up and sell them on.

Explain how sky keep securing injunctions against football streaming sites...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Login to get fewer ads

Watch out Kodi users the government on 09:51 - Jan 27 with 2180 viewsflimflam

Watch out Kodi users the government on 09:12 - Jan 27 by sparks

Explain how sky keep securing injunctions against football streaming sites...

Maybe because they are providing the stream which would be illegal I guess.

Whats not illegal is to stream it from home. It is illegal to download but not stream, its European law but may well change in the future.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Watch out Kodi users the government on 10:10 - Jan 27 with 2122 viewsThe_Major

Besides which, think how much copyrighted stuff is up on YouTube. Strictly speaking, if you watched, say, footage of the 78 Cup Final on it, unless the FA, BBC or ITV have put it up, it's breaking copyright. But you're not going to be penalised for watching it.

The powers that be don't really help themselves with stupidity like different Netflix catalogues for different areas either.
Watch out Kodi users the government on 12:29 - Jan 27 with 1972 viewsipswich78

Watch out Kodi users the government on 07:53 - Jan 26 by sparks

He's actually correct. Streaming content as it stands is not illegal regardless of the dubious source of that content. Obviously, moral and ethical arguments are very different.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Watch out Kodi users the government on 12:36 - Jan 27 with 1950 viewschicoazul

wah wah wah im not allowed to steal stuff anymore because of the nasty government wah wah wah

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Watch out Kodi users the government on 12:38 - Jan 27 with 1938 viewsBurwell_Blue

Watch out Kodi users the government on 12:36 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

wah wah wah im not allowed to steal stuff anymore because of the nasty government wah wah wah

you ok mate?
Watch out Kodi users the government on 12:42 - Jan 27 with 1918 viewsgiant_stow

Watch out Kodi users the government on 09:51 - Jan 27 by flimflam

Maybe because they are providing the stream which would be illegal I guess.

Whats not illegal is to stream it from home. It is illegal to download but not stream, its European law but may well change in the future.

not often Bully is done on a legal question - you slipping old fella?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Watch out Kodi users the government on 12:50 - Jan 27 with 1890 viewssparks

Watch out Kodi users the government on 12:42 - Jan 27 by giant_stow

not often Bully is done on a legal question - you slipping old fella?

Not something I've looked at. You will note I've asked questions rather than making assertions about something I've not researched. Presumably twtd.co.uk is off the hook for posting illegal streams and worrying over nothing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024