Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) 21:58 - Jan 28 with 6075 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:37 - Jan 29 with 1943 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:35 - Jan 29 by RoyKeanesDog

Because Gove screwed over Boris.

Boris chickened out but perhaps Murdoch had a word

Boris and Gove will probably be a leadership at some point in the future

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:38 - Jan 29 with 1941 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:36 - Jan 29 by WeWereZombies

Although Turkey are making a bit more effort with taking in Syrian refugees (not that they have much choice and I'm sure the refugees are not living in the lap of luxury but Turkey is bearing the brunt of the refugee cost).

My sister was complaining about her washing machine being on the blink and I said buy a Beko like mine, seems to be holding up well a couple of years on but apparently buying a Turkish washing machine is going to cause some massive influx of Turkish migrants, would have thought giving them a bit more work would have kept them in Turkey...

Along with many surrounding nations like Lebanon

I believe Pakistan has taken quite a few also?

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:45 - Jan 29 with 1933 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:37 - Jan 29 by bournemouthblue

Boris chickened out but perhaps Murdoch had a word

Boris and Gove will probably be a leadership at some point in the future

Boris withdrew himself because Gove decided to stand, thus splitting his vote.

BJ masterminded the OUT campaign as it was a WIN/WIN situation for him in theory. If we voted OUT then he would be the obvious choice (until Gove slithered out of the woodwork), and if we voted IN then the tories would've wanted an EUskeptic as leader to act as a balance.

Poll: Best Football Song

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 01:12 - Jan 29 with 1912 viewsWeWereZombies

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:38 - Jan 29 by bournemouthblue

Along with many surrounding nations like Lebanon

I believe Pakistan has taken quite a few also?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

Turkey had taken in 2.724,937 as at last August, almost twice as many as Lebanon and almost as many as Lebanon and Jordan's combined intake. Germany, Saudi, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Iraq, the UAE, Kuwait, Egypt and Sweden have all taken in more than a hundred thousand - much more in the case of the first few nations named. Pakistan doesn't figure on the list I'm afraid.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 01:12 - Jan 29 with 1912 viewsconnorscontract

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 22:08 - Jan 28 by cruncher

She the next Margret Thatcher.

Really? That would make her:

Maggie May
Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 01:48 - Jan 29 with 1886 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 01:12 - Jan 29 by WeWereZombies

Turkey had taken in 2.724,937 as at last August, almost twice as many as Lebanon and almost as many as Lebanon and Jordan's combined intake. Germany, Saudi, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Iraq, the UAE, Kuwait, Egypt and Sweden have all taken in more than a hundred thousand - much more in the case of the first few nations named. Pakistan doesn't figure on the list I'm afraid.

Lebanon has a population of what about 4 million people?

Turkey about 75 Million?

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 01:51 - Jan 29 with 1886 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 01:12 - Jan 29 by WeWereZombies

I'm afraid you shouldn't use Wikipedia as your only source

"KARACHI: Pakistan hosts as many as 1.5 million refugees, which is the second largest number in the world after Turkey, which is home to 1.59 million Syrian refugees, according to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).17 Jun 2015"

http://www.dawn.com/news/1188585
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 1:52]

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 09:24 - Jan 29 with 1846 viewsWeWereZombies

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 01:51 - Jan 29 by bournemouthblue

I'm afraid you shouldn't use Wikipedia as your only source

"KARACHI: Pakistan hosts as many as 1.5 million refugees, which is the second largest number in the world after Turkey, which is home to 1.59 million Syrian refugees, according to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).17 Jun 2015"

http://www.dawn.com/news/1188585
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 1:52]

I was specifically referencing Syrian regugee numbers - I think the source you linked was all refugees and Pakistan's intake would be mainly Afgan refugees (and I guess Trrump is not welcoming them with open arms either). I'm happy to mainly rely on the BBC, Wikipedia and Al Jazeera as life is short and I don't want to end up creating the link maelstrom that CiL and Glassers sometimes inflict upon us. Your source didn't show any great divergence from the number of Syrian refugees in Turkey. I've just gone to the UNHCR website to confirm the Wikipedia numbers and see that Iran and Ethiopia figure significantly in hosting nations for regugees from bordering nations also.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 9:33]

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 09:25 - Jan 29 with 1846 viewsDesmond

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:15 - Jan 29 by bournemouthblue

Who the Vote Leavers seemed to particularly hate

There was a huge irony with Theresa talking about Turkey helping the Syrians. We have taken virtually none of them despite contributing to the crisis through Iraq and Libya

You're gonna have to explain that one to me brother. We're responsible for the Syrian migrant crisis because of our involvnent in Libya and Iraq?
Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 09:27 - Jan 29 with 1838 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 09:25 - Jan 29 by Desmond

You're gonna have to explain that one to me brother. We're responsible for the Syrian migrant crisis because of our involvnent in Libya and Iraq?

I can remember when the Arab Spring was considered a good thing. Gone well hasn't it?
Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 09:39 - Jan 29 with 1816 viewsWeWereZombies

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 09:27 - Jan 29 by FrowsyArmLarry

I can remember when the Arab Spring was considered a good thing. Gone well hasn't it?

It would have gone better if the French foreign minister had extended some help to the Tunisian people rather than offering support to Ben Ali and his Russian overlords. I will reiterate that as someone holidaying in Tunisia at the time I was extremely grateful to hear that Hilary Clinton had summoned the Tunisian Ambassador to the USA and demanded to know why police snipers were firing on protesters. But Europe handled their response to the situation badly and it is particularly disappointing that Tunisia is now the most fertile recruiting ground for ISIS.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2017 10:39]

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 09:53 - Jan 29 with 1798 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 09:25 - Jan 29 by Desmond

Yes, we bombed their powerful dictators out of power leaving a power vacuum

In stepped Islamic fundamentalists and out of that came a powerful mercenary group called ISIS, a more extreme splinter group from Al-Qaeda?

We have then had a Civil War in Syria between another Dictator and whoever fancies a go at toppling. ISIS being the largest group trying to topple him.

Initially the West having had so much success in Iraq and Libya with this policy decided we would bomb Syria's Dictator out of power but much to our leaders surprise we said no more. This would have opened the door to ISIS. They would have expanded even more.

A few years later we have switched target to ISIS. The theory being that their Dictator maybe awful but the alternative is worse

Russia run by a former KGB man, have taken this view from the off really and have controlled the situation whilst Western leaders have been scratching their heads.

Ultimately the awful civil war going on has lead to a mass migration of people, after all why would want to stay in this awful war zone?

The West is starting to learn that toppling Dictators can have unintended consequences

Russia don't like Syria's Dictator any more than we do but would rather phase him out than cause another power vacuum

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 10:01 - Jan 29 with 1792 viewsbournemouthblue

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:45 - Jan 29 by RoyKeanesDog

Boris withdrew himself because Gove decided to stand, thus splitting his vote.

BJ masterminded the OUT campaign as it was a WIN/WIN situation for him in theory. If we voted OUT then he would be the obvious choice (until Gove slithered out of the woodwork), and if we voted IN then the tories would've wanted an EUskeptic as leader to act as a balance.

The out campaign was masterminded by the dog whistle spin doctors of the Tory Party. The problem also was that the Remain side was also using Tory spin tactics.

Leave was aided and abetted by the watering down of politics from the Mainstream Media, politics is often complicated but they aim to simplify it and thus simplistic arguments tend to win out rather than the logical ones

Look at the papers backing Brexit

The Populist Sun and Daily Mail in particular, preaching hate and fear

You do have to wonder why a non-Dom billionaire owned newspaper would want us to leave the EU but I suppose division is good for their owner. It means people are attacking each other and forgetting about them.

Regardless of the result - I think we can all hold our hands up and say that the way it was conducted was a total disgrace. A damning indictment of what our politics has become, we should be ashamed.

I've even heard a regulator being suggested for election/referendum promises. You can't make it up!

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 11:20 - Jan 29 with 1773 viewsBackToRussia

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 22:32 - Jan 28 by BorisOrTrevor

Fake news.

??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38787517

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 11:57 - Jan 29 with 1754 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 22:13 - Jan 28 by Desmond

"worst excesses and human rights abuses"

I assume your username is an example of ironic humor brother?

I really, really hope your use of 'brother' was intentional there.

I'll see you on another thread, brother.

Poll: Best Football Song

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 12:41 - Jan 29 with 1724 viewsBlueBadger

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 22:11 - Jan 28 by J2BLUE

She will go down as one of the greatest PMs of all time.

If you hate foreigners, economic stability and affordable healthcare, anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 13:45 - Jan 29 with 1689 viewspickles110564

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 22:50 - Jan 28 by bournemouthblue

She's just a sh1t Margaret Thatcher!

Are you a remoaner?
Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 13:59 - Jan 29 with 1671 viewsjimmyvet

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 13:45 - Jan 29 by pickles110564

Are you a remoaner?

Whilst I don't agree with Trumps policy i do find it interesting that Putin murdered 1000s of innocent civilians in Syria and do the left say or do anything.....absolutely nothing at all indeed they defended him....Obamas administration has been bombing Muslim countries for years and years and again where were all the protests i don't recall too many.......Yes its wrong what Trump has done but its no where nearly as bad as all the innocent children who have been murdered by Putin, Obama and Blair......
Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 14:38 - Jan 29 with 1627 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 00:15 - Jan 29 by bournemouthblue

Who the Vote Leavers seemed to particularly hate

There was a huge irony with Theresa talking about Turkey helping the Syrians. We have taken virtually none of them despite contributing to the crisis through Iraq and Libya

So why haven't closer neighbours like Saudia Arabia, Quarar, Iran taken more after all they are culturally and geographically closer? Turkey is a tinderbox waiting to happen, the next Radical Islamic state. Turkey have already supressed the Kurds and Peshmergers who have been the bravest fighters against ISIS.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 14:47 - Jan 29 with 1612 viewsvapour_trail

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 11:57 - Jan 29 by RoyKeanesDog

I really, really hope your use of 'brother' was intentional there.

I'll see you on another thread, brother.

Desmond is a character from epic disappointment tv marathon, Lost, whose use of the word brother, was obligatory in every sentence.

Have to say that our own Desmond, whilst an infrequent visitor to the board, stays in character magnificently.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 14:49 - Jan 29 with 1602 viewsBackToRussia

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 14:47 - Jan 29 by vapour_trail

Desmond is a character from epic disappointment tv marathon, Lost, whose use of the word brother, was obligatory in every sentence.

Have to say that our own Desmond, whilst an infrequent visitor to the board, stays in character magnificently.

Have to say I dont remember that character being a Tory but there you go.
Has to be one of the oddest posters on here mind.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 14:53 - Jan 29 with 1588 viewsgiant_stow

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 14:49 - Jan 29 by BackToRussia

Have to say I dont remember that character being a Tory but there you go.
Has to be one of the oddest posters on here mind.

I'm a big fan. Like vapour says plays it perfectly!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 14:53 - Jan 29 with 1582 viewsbraveblue

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 22:08 - Jan 28 by cruncher

She the next Margret Thatcher.

Yes. She really gave in to everyone didn't she!!!!
Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 15:00 - Jan 29 with 1560 viewsBackToRussia

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 14:53 - Jan 29 by giant_stow

I'm a big fan. Like vapour says plays it perfectly!

I mean, he definitely says brother every post, but gets into current event arguments. Was that in the show?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 15:04 - Jan 29 with 1546 viewsgiant_stow

Theresa May will go down in history as a coward (n/t) on 15:00 - Jan 29 by BackToRussia

I mean, he definitely says brother every post, but gets into current event arguments. Was that in the show?

I stopped watching when it moved to sky

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024