Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berra 11:18 - Feb 1 with 2032 viewstextbackup

Should MM just tell him to have a few weeks away from the club?

If he's playing like this in training then why are MM and TC picking him? Are games not watched back to analyse how each player has played? How is he getting away with being so poor?! If this was Smith MM would have ditched him weeks ago.

Berra and Knudsen on the left hand side sums up the club at present.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Berra on 11:19 - Feb 1 with 2001 viewsDolly2.0

Who else have we got? Taylor I guess.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Berra on 11:20 - Feb 1 with 1986 viewstextbackup

Berra on 11:19 - Feb 1 by Dolly2.0

Who else have we got? Taylor I guess.

Yeah Taylor, him and chambers. Then smith when fit.

Berra on 11:24 - Feb 1 with 1962 viewsSWGF

Berra on 11:20 - Feb 1 by textbackup

Yeah Taylor, him and chambers. Then smith when fit.

Smith told SWGF Jnr that he'd be available for Reading.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Berra on 11:27 - Feb 1 with 1940 viewstextbackup

Berra on 11:24 - Feb 1 by SWGF

Smith told SWGF Jnr that he'd be available for Reading.

Maybe he meant 'a reading at his school' ?

Berra on 11:32 - Feb 1 with 1898 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Ditched him for who?

We have no competetition for places. All these players we have bought in are either not match fit or injured. Essentially in a months time I think we will actually have a half decent squad to choose from but until then I shudder!!!

My team when all fully fit etc

Bart
Emmanuel
Taylor/Webster - depends how sharp Taylor is these days
Smith
Kenlock
Skuse
Huws - if we are getting the same player that played so well for Wigan
Diagorauga
Lawrence
Sears
Mcgoldrick
Berra on 11:39 - Feb 1 with 1871 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Think its just been a lack of any other option that he continues to be picked-would actually have rather he went off last night then Digby, thats how bad he is now! He has been woeful lately but last night it was so clear that he just does not have the feet or brain to be a professional footballer, he never knows what to do with the ball, will either square it across to Knudsen, launch it long to no one or in hope, putting it out of play more times than not or it will go back to Bart. He lets players run at him and looks like a rabbit in head lights, he looks like a player that doesn't want to be here any more.

Genuinely am counting the days down till Smith is fit again and we can drop Berra, has been a massive part of our defensive problems this season and the sooner he leaves the club in the summer the better.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Berra on 11:43 - Feb 1 with 1838 viewstextbackup

Berra on 11:32 - Feb 1 by ColchesterBlue1985

Ditched him for who?

We have no competetition for places. All these players we have bought in are either not match fit or injured. Essentially in a months time I think we will actually have a half decent squad to choose from but until then I shudder!!!

My team when all fully fit etc

Bart
Emmanuel
Taylor/Webster - depends how sharp Taylor is these days
Smith
Kenlock
Skuse
Huws - if we are getting the same player that played so well for Wigan
Diagorauga
Lawrence
Sears
Mcgoldrick

we can't keep playing him, I'd stick digby in there, would genuinely rather see him play ahead of Berra (who for me is a total embarrassment to the shirt and has been since his 'we are only ipswich' comment)

Berra on 11:45 - Feb 1 with 1817 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Berra on 11:43 - Feb 1 by textbackup

we can't keep playing him, I'd stick digby in there, would genuinely rather see him play ahead of Berra (who for me is a total embarrassment to the shirt and has been since his 'we are only ipswich' comment)

Agreed, lost any love I had for Berra with his 'we are only Ipswich' comment

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Login to get fewer ads

Berra on 11:54 - Feb 1 with 1768 viewsGuthrum

Berra on 11:39 - Feb 1 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Think its just been a lack of any other option that he continues to be picked-would actually have rather he went off last night then Digby, thats how bad he is now! He has been woeful lately but last night it was so clear that he just does not have the feet or brain to be a professional footballer, he never knows what to do with the ball, will either square it across to Knudsen, launch it long to no one or in hope, putting it out of play more times than not or it will go back to Bart. He lets players run at him and looks like a rabbit in head lights, he looks like a player that doesn't want to be here any more.

Genuinely am counting the days down till Smith is fit again and we can drop Berra, has been a massive part of our defensive problems this season and the sooner he leaves the club in the summer the better.

And some of last season, too.

Etched on my memory is the Rotherham home game, towards the end when we were just beginning to string a few moves together, the ball would go to Berra and, every time, he would just boot it straight to an opposing player. Almost like he couldn't help it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Berra on 12:06 - Feb 1 with 1712 viewsRandall

Berra has declined. Our best hope is to sell him in the Summer.

Not sure we can drop him at the moment though with Smith injured. Perhaps Taylor will be the man to step in - I reckon that was the plan.
Berra on 12:19 - Feb 1 with 1664 viewsSwailsey

Agreed. I felt for Digby last night. He was the easy option when Berra should have gone.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Berra on 12:21 - Feb 1 with 1641 viewsReuser_is_God

Berra on 12:19 - Feb 1 by Swailsey

Agreed. I felt for Digby last night. He was the easy option when Berra should have gone.

This.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Berra on 12:21 - Feb 1 with 1624 viewsReuser_is_God

In just 2 years Berra has gone from the best CB in the division to the worst.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 12:22]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Berra on 12:29 - Feb 1 with 1549 viewsZacak

What I don't understand is MMs thinking playing Berra wide in a 3. He is the least mobile/pacy centre-back we have and it's inevitable he will be pulled wide when in a 3, thus exposing his biggest weakness. He is clearly out of form so don't play to his weakness.

Also playing 3 last night meant playing Digby, a player he clearly deems as not good enough since he was available for loan. I also hope Spence never starts ahead of Emmanuel again.
Berra on 12:30 - Feb 1 with 1532 viewsKieran_Knows

He was the only one that was showing for the ball when he was pushed into midfield, whilst Skuse and Bru both typically shied away from wanting it.

As you say, felt for him. Should have been Spence that went off (who was absolutely dreadful), Chambers should have gone out to right back with Digby in at centre back, IMO of course.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Berra on 12:36 - Feb 1 with 1465 viewsCuffy81

Besides the obvious abysmal performances this was one of the low points of the night for me.

What message does that send to a young player? Berra was having a complete shocker
Berra on 12:39 - Feb 1 with 1451 viewsSwailsey

Berra on 12:36 - Feb 1 by Cuffy81

Besides the obvious abysmal performances this was one of the low points of the night for me.

What message does that send to a young player? Berra was having a complete shocker

He was always going to be the one who made way sadly.

Spence looked equally woeful.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

How many is a few.....? on 12:40 - Feb 1 with 1443 viewsBloots

....2?

52?

552?

I'm sick of seeing him make a mistake, foul the attacker and then blame someone else.

He's the biggest liability in our defence.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Berra on 12:43 - Feb 1 with 1410 viewsCuffy81

Berra on 12:39 - Feb 1 by Swailsey

He was always going to be the one who made way sadly.

Spence looked equally woeful.

Mick isn't helping himself with his continual selection of his "favourites", Berra has been a liability all January.

Berra and Skuse should not be picked every week regardless of how they are performing..

Digby has more of a future here than Berra does.... ..

Agreed on Spence, soon as Camara realised Spence wasn't going to close him down quickly or stop any crosses he had a field day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024