Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum 15:25 - Feb 6 with 12938 viewsCotty

I'm sorry, poorly judged post which I regret. Please accept my apology.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 10:10]
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 17:58 - Feb 6 with 1438 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 16:44 - Feb 6 by factual_blue

I'm sure 99% of the country were entertained,

And informed and educated that we are sh1t at cup games.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:03 - Feb 6 with 1431 viewsupthewallpaul

I have a degree and voted leave, not that it matters because everybody has an equal vote in a civilised democracy - the stat is irrelevant.

Also worth noting that the research is performed by the BBC, which have received substantial funding by the EU. Are they really suggesting that out of 264 wards (69% of the total) not a single one had a majority of graduates?
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:03 - Feb 6 with 1424 viewsGuthrum

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 17:53 - Feb 6 by FrowsyArmLarry

Yes, you need to have lived here for five years.

'British, Irish and Commonwealth citizens aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK or Gibraltar will be eligible to vote. UK citizens resident overseas will also be eligible to vote, provided they have been registered to vote at a UK address in the last 15 years.' - to quote official sources: http://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/eu-referendum/about#who-can-vote-in-

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:06 - Feb 6 with 1413 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 16:44 - Feb 6 by factual_blue

I'm sure 99% of the country were entertained,

I understand that Anglia News are still repeating 'highlights'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:06 - Feb 6 with 1416 viewsGuthrum

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 17:55 - Feb 6 by bluelagos

Was it the same rules as for a GE? Or was the legibility to vote harder?

Pretty much identical. It's local and European Parliament elections which other EU nationals are allowed to vote in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:09 - Feb 6 with 1400 viewsPendejo

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 17:34 - Feb 6 by factual_blue

Do you really think farage would have pulled together behind a vote to remain?

Just imagine if we'd got a Remain Result he'd still be front page news whereas now... oh

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:09 - Feb 6 with 1395 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:03 - Feb 6 by upthewallpaul

I have a degree and voted leave, not that it matters because everybody has an equal vote in a civilised democracy - the stat is irrelevant.

Also worth noting that the research is performed by the BBC, which have received substantial funding by the EU. Are they really suggesting that out of 264 wards (69% of the total) not a single one had a majority of graduates?

I suspect that even in places like Cambridge, you won't see a majority with graduates, given that even amongst the under 35s only 40% of the population have them.

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:10 - Feb 6 with 1394 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 17:34 - Feb 6 by factual_blue

Do you really think farage would have pulled together behind a vote to remain?

I'm sure he would have gotten behind his EU.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:12 - Feb 6 with 1386 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:03 - Feb 6 by upthewallpaul

Are you saying the beeb has messed with the figures to deliberately mislead? Farage has received plenty of European money too remember.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:12 - Feb 6 with 1383 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:09 - Feb 6 by Pendejo

Just imagine if we'd got a Remain Result he'd still be front page news whereas now... oh

Farage was marginalised by the leave campaign and had little impact.

Boris is the one I blame
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:21 - Feb 6 with 1369 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 16:14 - Feb 6 by factual_blue

I wondered why Glassers voted out.

I liked the bit when Glassers opposed Scotland leaving a Union led by an allegedly remote, corrupt, elitist and out-of-touch government but favoured Britain leaving a union led by remote, corrupt, elitist and out-of touch types..

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:23 - Feb 6 with 1364 viewsOxfordTH_1981

How does the local authority possibly know whether a voter is a graduate or not?
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:27 - Feb 6 with 1357 viewsbluelagos

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:23 - Feb 6 by OxfordTH_1981

How does the local authority possibly know whether a voter is a graduate or not?

Think they used the census info which would record level of graduates in any area.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:58 - Feb 6 with 1322 viewsclive_baker

So do I, a 1st from one of the leading universities in the country which might surprise a few on here haha. A chartership in my profession too. I also voted out. That said I don't doubt this data, I'm aware my sample size of 1 isn't overly insightful. I do find the whole 'with or without a degree' thing emphasised by the media to be a bit distasteful actually, and rather snobbish. I know lots of highly intelligent and well read people that don't have a degree, and I didn't realise one vote from someone with a degree was worth more than a vote from someone without. I'm proud of our freedom of speech and democratic society, and the reaction to this referendum result and subsequent online petitions, demands for a 2nd referendum, protests and general attitude to others who voted differently really disappoints me. I wonder how many of those millions of people would've signed a petition for another referendum on the grounds of low turn out had the vote been to remain?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 19:04 - Feb 6 with 1312 viewsupthewallpaul

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:09 - Feb 6 by BlueBadger

I suspect that even in places like Cambridge, you won't see a majority with graduates, given that even amongst the under 35s only 40% of the population have them.

Which makes the graph even more of a nonsense then - unless the populations of London and Scotland all have degrees!
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 19:07 - Feb 6 with 1309 viewsupthewallpaul

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:12 - Feb 6 by giant_stow

Are you saying the beeb has messed with the figures to deliberately mislead? Farage has received plenty of European money too remember.

Just saying it's worth noting that this is bbc research.

Farage is not claiming to be impartial so completely different.
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 19:28 - Feb 6 with 1285 viewsDubtractor

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 15:55 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

I seem to have gone against every trend. Younger voter, degree and voted by post yet voted out.

I have no degree and voted remain.

Way to buck those trends

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 19:34 - Feb 6 with 1265 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 19:07 - Feb 6 by upthewallpaul

Just saying it's worth noting that this is bbc research.

Farage is not claiming to be impartial so completely different.

I would have thought Farage accepting European money would tarnish his opinions even more, but horses for courses - I also see what you're saying.

I've less respect for you backing away from substantiating your slur on the beeb - either come out and be explicit, or drop it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 19:44 - Feb 6 with 1248 viewstiptreeblue

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 16:18 - Feb 6 by giant_stow

well played.

so all the clever people who said we would go straight into a recession if we voted leave and have had to admit they were wrong are the clever ones, and the ones who thought this wouldn`t happen and it didn`t are thick. i see your`e point oh clever ones
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 20:44 - Feb 6 with 1208 viewsupthewallpaul

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 19:34 - Feb 6 by giant_stow

I would have thought Farage accepting European money would tarnish his opinions even more, but horses for courses - I also see what you're saying.

I've less respect for you backing away from substantiating your slur on the beeb - either come out and be explicit, or drop it.

The BBC has a strong pro EU bias - is that explicit enough?

http://biasedbbc.org/blog/2017/01/27/not-again-and-again-again-despitebrexit/

http://biasedbbc.org/blog/2017/01/19/mid-week-open-thread-101/

http://news-watch.co.uk/1904-2/
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 21:04 - Feb 6 with 1180 viewsreusersfreekicks

Ah the old red BBC one ....
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 21:20 - Feb 6 with 1154 viewspickles110564

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 15:58 - Feb 6 by Cotty

Well done.

GOOD JOB US OLD ONES SAVED YOU A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH!
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 21:20 - Feb 6 with 1154 viewssolemio

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 16:34 - Feb 6 by The_Last_Baron

The referendum has been run and won. Time for all the people to come together and move on. We're leaving the EU and not before time.

One other point, having a University degree does not mean you are intelligent. Some of the stupidest people I have known have university degrees. Poor quality ones, such a 2:2 or thirds, but honours degrees nonetheless. The people who make this country run are farmers, lorry drivers, joiners, plumbers, builders. Not office workers doing jobs which are at the end of the day completely worthless and pointless when the sh1t hits the fan.

The most intelligent man I've ever known ran a second hand furniture shop. He had left school at 14 and was a genius.He is still alive today and voted in the referendum like you'd expect a man of such supreme intelligence and foresight to.

It's a far from original thought, but nonetheless true that folk with intelligence are two a penny. Those with wisdom are as rare as hens' teeth.
Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 22:51 - Feb 6 with 1127 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is a very crude presentation of data. These results mean little without knowing what the %age turnout was in those wards used in the sample, and any sort of indicator showing likelihood of voting to level of education.

A snapshot by country:

England Turnout: 73.0%:
Leave 53.4% Remain 46.6%

Northern Ireland Turnout: 62.7%
Leave 44.2% Remain 55.8%

Scotland Turnout: 67.2%
Leave 38.0% Remain 62.0%

Wales Turnout: 71.7%
Leave 52.5% Remain 47.5%

So if we take it that there is correlation between level of education and voting pattern. The above figures show that when the vote is for Brexit (the supposedly less well educated's choice) the turnout is higher.

Of course it's quite a leap to say that the better educated were less like to vote, but that inference could equally be drawn with the information so poorly presented as it is here.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 22:54]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 23:02 - Feb 6 with 1109 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting new detailed statistics on the referendum on 18:58 - Feb 6 by clive_baker

So do I, a 1st from one of the leading universities in the country which might surprise a few on here haha. A chartership in my profession too. I also voted out. That said I don't doubt this data, I'm aware my sample size of 1 isn't overly insightful. I do find the whole 'with or without a degree' thing emphasised by the media to be a bit distasteful actually, and rather snobbish. I know lots of highly intelligent and well read people that don't have a degree, and I didn't realise one vote from someone with a degree was worth more than a vote from someone without. I'm proud of our freedom of speech and democratic society, and the reaction to this referendum result and subsequent online petitions, demands for a 2nd referendum, protests and general attitude to others who voted differently really disappoints me. I wonder how many of those millions of people would've signed a petition for another referendum on the grounds of low turn out had the vote been to remain?

Sorry if i've missed something, but where has it been said that a vote from someone with a degree is worth more than from someone without? That's not the first time it's been mentioned on here. There has been some snobbery, but I can't recall anyone suggesting they are more worthy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024