Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? 20:22 - Feb 6 with 5496 viewsMaySixth

Positive performance against Reading

Stuck with 3-5-2

Players coming back from injury

U23s impressing the watching Mick McCarthy

....ok, it's probably a false dawn

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 20:09 - Feb 7 with 944 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 04:51 - Feb 7 by powinswitch

Between August 13 th and October 22nd, bishop played two games, which netted us four points. He was on the bench for every other game except Leeds away. So In that period we played 13 games. Bishop started two and we picked up 4 points scoring 2 goals and conceded 0. Skuse and Douglas started 10 of the other 11. We scored 4, in those 10 games.

Jonny Williams started 1 game and was sub 7 times. How much did his loan cost us, and why was he not getting more game time. Cos douggie is different class. McCarthy can't help himself, he looks to not lose first. I look to beat the opposition and then look at what they can do to us. I think we used all 4 at Wednesday and won. We did the same the following week against Forest and that game was lost in the first 20 seconds. And that was that for this 4. He stuck with Skuse and Douglas through drab performance after drab performance. He has to go.

If Mick sets up to not lose first, why did he set up with an attacking 3-5-2 against the third placed team after we got humped at home?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 20:13 - Feb 7 with 944 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 11:26 - Feb 7 by rickw

My one concern is 5-3-2 worked well against Reading who played a similar system, however it was terrible against Derby (albeit with some different players) but Berra and Knudsen will never look too comfortable in wider or more attacking positions than what they're used to. So against someone else we might have a Derby-like outcome from that system and all the positivity crashes down again!

bit of this in me as well

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 02:06 - Feb 8 with 904 viewsconnorscontract

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:37 - Feb 6 by Ald646

I was impressed with the midfield and Taylor at the back for once it was entertaining.why didn't Mick bring in these different forward thinking mid fielders into the club last summer.I don't need us to be world beaters just pass the ball forwards more.

He did: Grant Ward on a permanent deal, and two loans, Tom Lawrence from Leicester and Conor Grant from Everton.

Ward has probably got a 6/10 on his card for the season, on balance. Grant didn't work out, but Lawrence is unquestionably a 10/10.

You can say lots of things about Mick, but he definitely brought in three forward thinking midfielders in the summer. In fact two of them were playing in the Reading game.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 02:17 - Feb 8 with 904 viewsconnorscontract

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:27 - Feb 7 by Benters

Christ on a bike you are boring .

And you're a Fist of Fun, youself, are you?

Was that intentional, Benters?

Replying to his Stewart Lee quote with a Richard Herring reference?

Or was it a "stopped clock is right twice a day" moment?

Sometimes I think you want the moon on a stick, the way you keep blaming the Businessman in his suit and tie, Marcus Evans, but don't put your own money in for a ticket so you can sit at Portman Road with your flask of weak lemon drink, preferring to be one of those sitting at home watching football on tv like Rod Hull, and prophesying doom like Nostradamus... but I think Mick's got rid of you on purpose because he's refining his audience.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:20 - Feb 8 with 878 viewsDolly2.0

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 02:17 - Feb 8 by connorscontract

And you're a Fist of Fun, youself, are you?

Was that intentional, Benters?

Replying to his Stewart Lee quote with a Richard Herring reference?

Or was it a "stopped clock is right twice a day" moment?

Sometimes I think you want the moon on a stick, the way you keep blaming the Businessman in his suit and tie, Marcus Evans, but don't put your own money in for a ticket so you can sit at Portman Road with your flask of weak lemon drink, preferring to be one of those sitting at home watching football on tv like Rod Hull, and prophesying doom like Nostradamus... but I think Mick's got rid of you on purpose because he's refining his audience.

I think all of that's going over Benters' head, bless 'im.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:06 - Feb 8 with 860 viewsClausThomsen

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 02:06 - Feb 8 by connorscontract

He did: Grant Ward on a permanent deal, and two loans, Tom Lawrence from Leicester and Conor Grant from Everton.

Ward has probably got a 6/10 on his card for the season, on balance. Grant didn't work out, but Lawrence is unquestionably a 10/10.

You can say lots of things about Mick, but he definitely brought in three forward thinking midfielders in the summer. In fact two of them were playing in the Reading game.

He bought 3 forward thinking midfielders, 2 of them played in our last game - but those 2 have played most of the games (out wide) where we haven't created chances, because in central midfield he's played a 35 year old has been while Bishop, Williams, Bru and Dozzell have been fit.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:52 - Feb 12 with 779 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:31 - Feb 6 by Illinoisblue

it'll need to with Villa and Brighton away coming up...

It did

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:53 - Feb 12 with 774 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:14 - Feb 6 by Illinoisblue

teams on a bad run usually use us to right their ship!

Oh

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:54 - Feb 12 with 774 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:21 - Feb 6 by Dubtractor

I think people need to stop swinging their opinions back and forth on the basis of one result.

Less than a week ago the world was imploding after the Derby game.

I was right

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:55 - Feb 12 with 773 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 04:51 - Feb 7 by powinswitch

Between August 13 th and October 22nd, bishop played two games, which netted us four points. He was on the bench for every other game except Leeds away. So In that period we played 13 games. Bishop started two and we picked up 4 points scoring 2 goals and conceded 0. Skuse and Douglas started 10 of the other 11. We scored 4, in those 10 games.

Jonny Williams started 1 game and was sub 7 times. How much did his loan cost us, and why was he not getting more game time. Cos douggie is different class. McCarthy can't help himself, he looks to not lose first. I look to beat the opposition and then look at what they can do to us. I think we used all 4 at Wednesday and won. We did the same the following week against Forest and that game was lost in the first 20 seconds. And that was that for this 4. He stuck with Skuse and Douglas through drab performance after drab performance. He has to go.

Ok

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:55 - Feb 12 with 772 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 06:58 - Feb 7 by hoppy

I think I pretty much fall in the first camp.

But to be fair to the swingers, there was a key difference between the Derby match and the Reading one in that the personnel available was different, and those late deadline day additions were able to be included for the first time. We played much better as a result.

How we go on from that one game will tell us more, but at the moment it's the only game we've got to go on. Whether they make a difference to our season pattern as well as how we played on Saturday remains to be seen.

Seen

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:57 - Feb 12 with 770 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:01 - Feb 7 by MJallday

well we're nothing but helpful over in suffolk - im sure when they play us we'll sort that out

Hmmm

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:58 - Feb 12 with 769 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:24 - Feb 7 by powinswitch

Saturday was good. I left on a high, impressed by the whole thing. Let's hope it is the basis of something. One swallow .....

Two performances in a row

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:59 - Feb 12 with 769 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:23 - Feb 7 by Benters

smashing

Lol

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024