Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? 20:22 - Feb 6 with 5492 viewsMaySixth

Positive performance against Reading

Stuck with 3-5-2

Players coming back from injury

U23s impressing the watching Mick McCarthy

....ok, it's probably a false dawn

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:27 - Feb 7 with 969 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:19 - Feb 7 by jeera

Yes, it's safe to say you are.

But then you're not interested in actual opinion are you?

You just like a whinge and a bit of attention.

Christ, you're not even a real hamster.

(Yeah I know, down-vote).

Christ on a bike you are boring .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:30 - Feb 7 with 961 viewsjeera

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:23 - Feb 7 by Benters

It was for the purpose of a joke ...

I know it was good it sounded great on my radio ..

Ah, Radio Suffolk.

You made a funny Benters.

There's hope for you yet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:31 - Feb 7 with 957 viewsjeera

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:27 - Feb 7 by Benters

Christ on a bike you are boring .

It's not boring. It's a take on a Stewart Lee joke.

Unless you don't like him, then I suppose it is a bit boring.

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:33 - Feb 7 with 944 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:31 - Feb 7 by jeera

It's not boring. It's a take on a Stewart Lee joke.

Unless you don't like him, then I suppose it is a bit boring.

who?

Gentlybentley

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:46 - Feb 7 with 926 viewsjeera

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:33 - Feb 7 by Benters

who?

Fair enough.

He's no Les Dawson tbf.

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:46 - Feb 7 with 925 viewsDoobDude

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 04:51 - Feb 7 by powinswitch

Between August 13 th and October 22nd, bishop played two games, which netted us four points. He was on the bench for every other game except Leeds away. So In that period we played 13 games. Bishop started two and we picked up 4 points scoring 2 goals and conceded 0. Skuse and Douglas started 10 of the other 11. We scored 4, in those 10 games.

Jonny Williams started 1 game and was sub 7 times. How much did his loan cost us, and why was he not getting more game time. Cos douggie is different class. McCarthy can't help himself, he looks to not lose first. I look to beat the opposition and then look at what they can do to us. I think we used all 4 at Wednesday and won. We did the same the following week against Forest and that game was lost in the first 20 seconds. And that was that for this 4. He stuck with Skuse and Douglas through drab performance after drab performance. He has to go.

The fickleness of football fans means this post now gets downvoted.
5 days ago it would have been upvoted.

Today Milne will have intensive PR training before his interview on ICR.
He will come across much better and by the end of the week everyone will be agreeing that he means well and has been an excellent MD.

The long term view is that this club is heading towards League 1 whatever people say and whatever our managers do.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:10 - Feb 7 with 902 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:46 - Feb 7 by jeera

Fair enough.

He's no Les Dawson tbf.

now you are talking !

Gentlybentley

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:23 - Feb 7 with 879 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:46 - Feb 7 by DoobDude

He will come across much better and by the end of the week everyone will be agreeing that he means well and has been an excellent MD.

The long term view is that this club is heading towards League 1 whatever people say and whatever our managers do.

smashing

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:34 - Feb 7 with 856 viewsDoobDude

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:23 - Feb 7 by Benters

smashing

Happy, content and cynical.
Trust me it's a wonderful attitude to have.
Everything is rubbish .... but so what

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:41 - Feb 7 with 841 viewscaught-in-limbo

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:46 - Feb 7 by DoobDude

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:51 - Feb 7 with 812 viewsdirtyboy

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:30 - Feb 7 by jeera

Ah, Radio Suffolk.

You made a funny Benters.

There's hope for you yet.

I listened in on the wireless as per usual, I can honestly say, regardless of who's said what, it's been pretty dismal to listen to for a while, but Saturday was a real shock, I was actually 'listening' and not just having it on to find out what damage was going on.

Then the reports on here, were largely encouraging, twitter had virtually no complaints from those who went and all seemed happy with the performance.

Clearly the fresh faces can have an impact. Training changes...these new lads are eager to impress, the old usuals now have a bigger squad to compete with, they up their game accordingly, there can't be any complacency when there's plenty of people who want a spot on the pitch.

Small squads aren't great unless they're full of quality and can afford to lose a player or two and still be better on paper.

Let's hope that U23 performance was indicative of those players willingness and want to be part of the first team on a regular basis.

Look....we go on a run, if the performances are improved, if we're having a go, if we look good on the form table for the remainder of the season, there's every reason to have a bit of hope...
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:56 - Feb 7 with 791 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 09:41 - Feb 7 by caught-in-limbo

Ha !

Gentlybentley

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:10 - Feb 7 with 778 viewsNo9

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:21 - Feb 6 by Dubtractor

I think people need to stop swinging their opinions back and forth on the basis of one result.

Less than a week ago the world was imploding after the Derby game.

Even bigger implosion after Lincoln but Saturday was a different Ipswich
Agreed do not base everythign on one game but, the way in which the new boys rose to the occassion there is room for a bit of optomissim -
Unless of course MM reverts to type for the next two away games???
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:29 - Feb 7 with 762 viewsStowTractorBoy

Whether the long term confidence is returning remains to be seen but make no mistake we are in a relegation battle and towards the end of any season the teams at the bottom pick up unexpected points. I was so pleased with our display on Saturday but brought down to earth with all the late goals and winning goals scored by our relegation rivals. Although it worked on Saturday 3-5-2 leaves us very open at the back and Knudsen and Berra are not comfortable with it. I hope we revert to 4-4-2 against Villa and perhaps pick up at least a point or nick a win. If we can survive this season the squad does look promising for the future although the loan players may possibly be lost by us particularly if they impress. Fingers crossed we can get enough points to keep us up and then progress next season.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:30 - Feb 7 with 761 viewsDolly2.0

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:23 - Feb 7 by Benters

It will take more than a DRAW AT T'HUME to Reading who? ffs !
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 7:36]

It was the performance not the result that warmed my cockles.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:31 - Feb 7 with 761 viewsDolly2.0

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:24 - Feb 7 by powinswitch

Saturday was good. I left on a high, impressed by the whole thing. Let's hope it is the basis of something. One swallow .....

Indeed, same here.

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 10:36 - Feb 7 with 753 viewsNo9

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:37 - Feb 6 by Ald646

I was impressed with the midfield and Taylor at the back for once it was entertaining.why didn't Mick bring in these different forward thinking mid fielders into the club last summer.I don't need us to be world beaters just pass the ball forwards more.

Even tho' this was a basically unused bunch in mifield it was good to see them working as a unit and runing both with the ball & for each other
Ok it was no perefect but it shows there is a way forward; drop the old guard = onward & upwards
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 11:04 - Feb 7 with 733 viewsClausThomsen

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 23:14 - Feb 6 by Guthrum

They've also picked up 51.7% of their points (and five of their eight wins) against teams now in the bottom six. Their primary strength is against the weakest teams.

We're 2 points off the bottom 6...

It would be a good point.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 11:06 - Feb 7 with 729 viewsClausThomsen

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 04:51 - Feb 7 by powinswitch

Between August 13 th and October 22nd, bishop played two games, which netted us four points. He was on the bench for every other game except Leeds away. So In that period we played 13 games. Bishop started two and we picked up 4 points scoring 2 goals and conceded 0. Skuse and Douglas started 10 of the other 11. We scored 4, in those 10 games.

Jonny Williams started 1 game and was sub 7 times. How much did his loan cost us, and why was he not getting more game time. Cos douggie is different class. McCarthy can't help himself, he looks to not lose first. I look to beat the opposition and then look at what they can do to us. I think we used all 4 at Wednesday and won. We did the same the following week against Forest and that game was lost in the first 20 seconds. And that was that for this 4. He stuck with Skuse and Douglas through drab performance after drab performance. He has to go.

Exactly.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 11:26 - Feb 7 with 704 viewsrickw

My one concern is 5-3-2 worked well against Reading who played a similar system, however it was terrible against Derby (albeit with some different players) but Berra and Knudsen will never look too comfortable in wider or more attacking positions than what they're used to. So against someone else we might have a Derby-like outcome from that system and all the positivity crashes down again!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 11:44 - Feb 7 with 685 viewsNo9

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 11:26 - Feb 7 by rickw

My one concern is 5-3-2 worked well against Reading who played a similar system, however it was terrible against Derby (albeit with some different players) but Berra and Knudsen will never look too comfortable in wider or more attacking positions than what they're used to. So against someone else we might have a Derby-like outcome from that system and all the positivity crashes down again!

The encouraging thing was that as MM pushed Knudsen further forward No 37 dropped back to support Berra. This has not happened before so when Brra has beene xposed in the three at the back game it has not been a happy picture.

Having said that there still needs to be a bit of discipline at the back & No2 showed he is more than willing to assist in making this happen
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 12:06 - Feb 7 with 664 viewshoppy

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 11:26 - Feb 7 by rickw

I think this is a rather key part of your post, that you seem to ignore yourself, but I think it was the main difference.

"(albeit with some different players)"

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 13:26 - Feb 7 with 620 viewsrickw

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 12:06 - Feb 7 by hoppy

I think this is a rather key part of your post, that you seem to ignore yourself, but I think it was the main difference.

"(albeit with some different players)"

Not really, the new midfielders clearly help, but the system worked against a team with no real wide men, I think Berra especially will still struggle when he faces wingers who drag him out wide and run at him.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 13:30 - Feb 7 with 614 viewsDolly2.0

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 13:26 - Feb 7 by rickw

Not really, the new midfielders clearly help, but the system worked against a team with no real wide men, I think Berra especially will still struggle when he faces wingers who drag him out wide and run at him.

"Not really"?

LOL.

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 20:08 - Feb 7 with 549 viewsMaySixth

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:21 - Feb 6 by Dubtractor

I think people need to stop swinging their opinions back and forth on the basis of one result.

Less than a week ago the world was imploding after the Derby game.

My opinions haven't swung once

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024