Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little tip for the nags tomorrow 17:31 - Feb 7 with 5172 viewskizaitfc

4.30 Carlisle - Hester Flemen 10/1 EW

Been given plenty of winners by people on here so thought I'd repay the favour (hopefully!)

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 14:20 - Feb 8 with 1527 viewsgtsb1966

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 14:07 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I understand the point you are making.

However, I'm not sure you are quite grasping what I'm saying.

I get that it's technically 6.25/1 the bet.

But realistically I've done two bets - one at 50/1 (which could only win if the big players were withdrawn as they have done) and one at 12.5/1 to place. The second one of those was good enough value for me to place both on the off chance the first one wins.

I'm done now. It's getting a bit boring. Was only an example of the occasional time I play each way.

Try getting a girlfriend. She'll make you skint like the horses but at least you'll get a thrill or two and unlike the horses you get to ride her too.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 14:24]
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 14:45 - Feb 8 with 1489 viewsStenvict

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 14:04 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I get what you are saying.

But for doing it in a multiple, 50/1 in an each way multiple with my RSA horse who was 25/1 at the time, a horse at Cheltenham at 20/1 and a grand national horse at 25/1, it really didn't seem problem.

Imagine I've only backed it to place and it gets up and wins.

Even 6.25/1 to get top 3 is a good bet Imo

You'd be gutted if you backed it @ 50/1 to win on the shnoz and it came 2nd by a shnoz. I'm with you with your theory.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 14:46 - Feb 8 with 1487 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 14:20 - Feb 8 by gtsb1966

Try getting a girlfriend. She'll make you skint like the horses but at least you'll get a thrill or two and unlike the horses you get to ride her too.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 14:24]

I like being single funnily enough

Got bored very quickly when I was with my last ex

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:01 - Feb 8 with 1456 viewstaximan

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 14:45 - Feb 8 by Stenvict

You'd be gutted if you backed it @ 50/1 to win on the shnoz and it came 2nd by a shnoz. I'm with you with your theory.

50s still available if you are interested
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:05 - Feb 8 with 1454 viewsRyorry

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 12:58 - Feb 8 by CaptainObvious

that logic makes sense for a place bet - e/w is just not logical though
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 13:10]

1.Just completely different strategies to suit different people - some people are more risk takers than others; for a punter I'm actually quite risk averse! I only do with betting what *I* feel comfortable with and so should you and everyone else only do what *you* feel comfortable with. We will all have different histories of betting, profits & losses, different staking plans and betting banks which will point to what we should be doing now/in future.

2. 10 years' experience tells me now that no matter what I or others who gamble on horseracing *think* will win, racehorses very frequently (usually?) surprise us! I once did a place bet on MrMcGoldrick at 66/1 because, obviously, I didn't think he'd win - but he did! (I think it was the QM Chase at Chelts Fest one year - 08??). Couldn't be gutted as I loved that horse & was happy for him - but I'd have been even happier if I'd had an e/w on!! And don't get me started on the 4/1-5/1s that we "think" will win - are even 'expected' to - but often end up only placed. I save a helluva lot that way, and my p/l tells me I'm using the correct strategy - for me.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:11 - Feb 8 with 1437 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:01 - Feb 8 by taximan

50s still available if you are interested

Just seen that

With Sporting bet and Ladbrokes he's drifted from 20s to 50/1 and 40/1

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:36 - Feb 8 with 1400 viewsStenvict

Couldn't jump

Poll: What will be announced first?

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:36 - Feb 8 with 1394 viewsBanburyBlue

How many times does that happen ! some you win some you lose

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Login to get fewer ads

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:48 - Feb 8 with 1339 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 19:30 - Feb 7 by The_Romford_Blue

I had t realised he'd dropped that low

Don't suppose he will get in unless he wins tomorrow now so may have a small bet at 6/2 tomorrow.

Had an eye (hadn't backed him yet as I don't do antepost in Cheltenham handicaps in general) on him for the Browne Plate frillier back a couple of furlongs at 2m 5f or the Day 1 3 miler but I wasn't sure If he'd get in that one.

Surprised he's 129 tbh. Was well fancied by some people ante post a couple of seasons back for the Albert bartlett before missing the festival through injury

Got 13/2 on the winner in the end

That'll do nicely

Sorry OP

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:50 - Feb 8 with 1337 viewsArcher4721

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 19:02 - Feb 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Personally speaking, it's not one for me.

Can see what you like about him though - a four timer before needing the run it seems in January

I wouldn't put you off him.

However, I won't be playing as I think it's a decent race actually and a horse in it, I've got my eye on for a handicap at Cheltenham. He will run well if they want him to though I wouldn't be surprised if they want to just keep his mark down - Blakemount.

Did you back Blakemount? I told you Sue Smith's horses are worth following at the moment.

The tip ran well for a circuit in the lead but just blew up,, stopped to nothing after a mistake and pulled up. That horse has ability but obviously has had training issues which aren't yet resolved.
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:52 - Feb 8 with 1328 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:50 - Feb 8 by Archer4721

Did you back Blakemount? I told you Sue Smith's horses are worth following at the moment.

The tip ran well for a circuit in the lead but just blew up,, stopped to nothing after a mistake and pulled up. That horse has ability but obviously has had training issues which aren't yet resolved.

Yeah I did, 6/1 but got beat odds guaranteed at 13/2

Said I'd back it on page 2 when I saw he had to win to get in the Cheltenham handicaps

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:52 - Feb 8 with 1328 viewskizaitfc

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:50 - Feb 8 by Archer4721

Spot on lad

Definitely one to keep following

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:02 - Feb 8 with 1300 viewsArcher4721

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:52 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Yeah I did, 6/1 but got beat odds guaranteed at 13/2

Said I'd back it on page 2 when I saw he had to win to get in the Cheltenham handicaps

Nice one.

I've had a little flutter on Hipz in 5.05 Chelmsford @9-2 ew
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:05 - Feb 8 with 1293 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:02 - Feb 8 by Archer4721

Nice one.

I've had a little flutter on Hipz in 5.05 Chelmsford @9-2 ew

I've backed him at 9-2 also funnily enough

7-2 now with 365

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:08 - Feb 8 with 1286 viewsArcher4721

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:05 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I've backed him at 9-2 also funnily enough

7-2 now with 365

George Baker is riding . He had the choice to ride the favourite but chose to ride this.Hopefully he can bang her out and then kick off the turn.
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:09 - Feb 8 with 1280 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:08 - Feb 8 by Archer4721

George Baker is riding . He had the choice to ride the favourite but chose to ride this.Hopefully he can bang her out and then kick off the turn.

Baker choosing Hipz was the reason I backed it actually

Delayed start at Chelmsford for the last race as it always is

5-2 now

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:14 - Feb 8 with 1261 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:09 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

5-2 now

Not to be

Looked a huge threat of the turn but didn't find as much as I expected from that position

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:17 - Feb 8 with 1246 viewsArcher4721

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:14 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Not to be

Looked a huge threat of the turn but didn't find as much as I expected from that position

Missed the start and didn't get to the front .... game over then I'm afraid. All it's wins at course have been when it has led.
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:19 - Feb 8 with 1238 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:17 - Feb 8 by Archer4721

Missed the start and didn't get to the front .... game over then I'm afraid. All it's wins at course have been when it has led.

Only run at Chelmsford once

Though I see your point

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:21 - Feb 8 with 1231 viewsAdmiralFunge

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 16:05 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

1.Just completely different strategies to suit different people - some people are more risk takers than others; for a punter I'm actually quite risk averse! I only do with betting what *I* feel comfortable with and so should you and everyone else only do what *you* feel comfortable with. We will all have different histories of betting, profits & losses, different staking plans and betting banks which will point to what we should be doing now/in future.

2. 10 years' experience tells me now that no matter what I or others who gamble on horseracing *think* will win, racehorses very frequently (usually?) surprise us! I once did a place bet on MrMcGoldrick at 66/1 because, obviously, I didn't think he'd win - but he did! (I think it was the QM Chase at Chelts Fest one year - 08??). Couldn't be gutted as I loved that horse & was happy for him - but I'd have been even happier if I'd had an e/w on!! And don't get me started on the 4/1-5/1s that we "think" will win - are even 'expected' to - but often end up only placed. I save a helluva lot that way, and my p/l tells me I'm using the correct strategy - for me.

Heh, small world.

I was on MrMcGoldrick too, remember that race well as Blue Square had given me a free fiver which I was unable to e/w split - so shoved it all on the nose.

Most happy with the resulting £330, which immediately went behind the bars of various Towun pubs that night.

Still the longest-odds winner I've ever had, hence the fond recollection.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 17:24]

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:23 - Feb 8 with 1223 viewsArcher4721

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:19 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Only run at Chelmsford once

Though I see your point

Sorry yes just before Xmas and it won 8-1
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:30 - Feb 8 with 1206 viewsArcher4721

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:09 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

5-2 now

I think people might have read too much into Baker choosing to ride this horse today (me and you included lol) After all Laura Mongan is the trainer for whom he won the St ledger for last year so with hindsight it's hardly surprising he chose her horse.
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 18:27 - Feb 8 with 1153 viewsRyorry

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 17:21 - Feb 8 by AdmiralFunge

Heh, small world.

I was on MrMcGoldrick too, remember that race well as Blue Square had given me a free fiver which I was unable to e/w split - so shoved it all on the nose.

Most happy with the resulting £330, which immediately went behind the bars of various Towun pubs that night.

Still the longest-odds winner I've ever had, hence the fond recollection.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 17:24]

Hah, fantastic, well done, happy days!

It was 2008, but the Racing Post Plate.

Here's an article I think you'll enjoy - the 'Giggsy' of the NH world! I got to pat him and have a quick word with his owner after one of Mac's last races at Wetherby.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/lifestyle/news_real/11432484._Giggsy__of_h

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 23:26 - Feb 8 with 1037 viewsBlueNote

Can't believe the promotion of animal cruelty still continues after the death of Many Clouds the other week. 2 more have been raced to death since then by the way. Has Romford's crocodile tears dried up now?
Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 23:44 - Feb 8 with 1021 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Little tip for the nags tomorrow on 23:26 - Feb 8 by BlueNote

Can't believe the promotion of animal cruelty still continues after the death of Many Clouds the other week. 2 more have been raced to death since then by the way. Has Romford's crocodile tears dried up now?

Who the fook are you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024