Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I agree with Tony Blair.... 08:04 - Feb 17 with 7563 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/16/tony-blair-remainers-rise-up-br

“Those driving this always wanted a hard Brexit. Indeed even the term ‘hard Brexit’ requires amendment. The policy is now Brexit at any cost.”
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 8:07]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 10:44 - Feb 17 with 1317 viewsPinewoodblue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 10:34 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

That people didn't know what they were voting for? Wrong. I have countered that argument ion here before. Do we need another ten pager on whether people knew we would leave the single market?

That the country will suffer economically outside of the EU? That is his opinion. He is entitled to it. I believe he is wrong.

Tony Blai'r's argument is seriously flawed.

Six years ago we had a general election which resulted in a coalition government. You could say that all those millions who voted Lib Dem didn't get what they voted for, tuition fees etc. Didn't hear Tony Blair, or anyone else complain then.

Democracy is flawed, we can only vote on what is put before us, and many of us live in places where there is little prospect of an MP bring elected thst reflects our views.

The final vote on leaving the EU will be in Parliament and hopefully on a free vote for all MP's. Not sure about that other place which is as far away from being democratic as you can get but that is an issue for another day.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 10:47 - Feb 17 with 1301 viewsGlasgowBlue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 10:37 - Feb 17 by No9

Much of the stuff you have posted on here about the EU including your rubbish on VAT, demonstrates that you have no idea on any EU matters other than what has been stuffed into you by equally uneducated people with an unlterior motive.

Yeah. We Brexiters are all thickos.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 10:55 - Feb 17 with 1294 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Just give up! We are leaving, just move on! Remainer are just sore losers !

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:01 - Feb 17 with 1286 viewsNo9

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 08:50 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

So people no longer have the right to protest about things they think are wrong?

No, despite the fact that not everyone voted to leave & the numbers show those who did were in the minority all of our livelihoods must be threatened by the right wing
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:03 - Feb 17 with 1279 viewsfeelingblue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 10:34 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

That people didn't know what they were voting for? Wrong. I have countered that argument ion here before. Do we need another ten pager on whether people knew we would leave the single market?

That the country will suffer economically outside of the EU? That is his opinion. He is entitled to it. I believe he is wrong.

Whether you like it or not, it is clear that the message that the Tory party took from the referendum result was that free movement of labour (immigration) was the problem.

On that basis, if they will not allow free movement of labour, we will have to leave the single market.

Given those facts it is clear that most people did not understand the true consequences of voting out.

That was the problem with the simplistic question and the simplistic treatment of a complex issue by both sides.

Maybe that is why the very large YouGov poll conducted last week (yes it is only a poll) said that had the referendum been held last week, we would have voted in.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:03 - Feb 17 with 1274 viewschicoazul

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 08:19 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

If Tony Blair told me that Ipswich played at Portman Road I'd double check to see if we still did.

The man is a habitual liar.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 8:21]

It's the same old same old "people didnt know what they were voting for" canard. Desperate times.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:05 - Feb 17 with 1269 viewschicoazul

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 09:32 - Feb 17 by SomethingBlue

Ok. Now what about his points on Brexit?

It's a bit rich for a man who voted for a war on the basis of poor information to slate people for voting on the basis of poor information.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:07 - Feb 17 with 1256 viewsSomethingBlue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:05 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

It's a bit rich for a man who voted for a war on the basis of poor information to slate people for voting on the basis of poor information.

The identity of the messenger is unfortunate, which is a shame because — as we've seen here — the pressing issues he raises will be completely ignored in favour of point-scoring.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:07 - Feb 17 with 1256 viewsGlasgowBlue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:03 - Feb 17 by feelingblue

Whether you like it or not, it is clear that the message that the Tory party took from the referendum result was that free movement of labour (immigration) was the problem.

On that basis, if they will not allow free movement of labour, we will have to leave the single market.

Given those facts it is clear that most people did not understand the true consequences of voting out.

That was the problem with the simplistic question and the simplistic treatment of a complex issue by both sides.

Maybe that is why the very large YouGov poll conducted last week (yes it is only a poll) said that had the referendum been held last week, we would have voted in.

And another poll from ‘Hope not Hate’ shows 44 per cent of people would vote to leave and 41 per cent would vote to Remain.

Luckily we don't govern by opinion poll otherwise the PM would have to move out of Downing Street every time a poll gave the opposition the lead.

Iron Lion Zion

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:08 - Feb 17 with 1253 viewsNo9

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:05 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

Although, maybe he is best place to understand just how devastating bad intelligence can be.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:10 - Feb 17 with 1243 viewsfeelingblue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:07 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

And another poll from ‘Hope not Hate’ shows 44 per cent of people would vote to leave and 41 per cent would vote to Remain.

Luckily we don't govern by opinion poll otherwise the PM would have to move out of Downing Street every time a poll gave the opposition the lead.

Swerve
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:14 - Feb 17 with 1227 viewsGlasgowBlue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:10 - Feb 17 by feelingblue

Swerve

No. I addressed you point regarding the poll. Everything else I have answered about 54738393939393939393 times with you and our budgie friend.

Iron Lion Zion

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:14 - Feb 17 with 1228 viewsthatdamgood89

I really believed in this," says Tony Blair. Last time he believed in something, a million people died.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:16 - Feb 17 with 1214 viewsGlasgowBlue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:08 - Feb 17 by No9

Although, maybe he is best place to understand just how devastating bad intelligence can be.

May 17 2000
During question time, the prime minister insisted he supported a statement by the then Northern Ireland secretary, Peter Mandelson, that business would continue to suffer while Britain remained outside the Euro.

Yeah he got that one spot on didn't he.

Iron Lion Zion

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:17 - Feb 17 with 1213 viewsNo9

Why don't you for once just deal with plain facts - the leave campaign was besed on total lies about everything & it is still too early for the remain campaign warnings to be evaluated.

There are still people on the streets who don't understand what leaving the EU means let alone leaving the single market or the customs Union.

& when you ask them how much this might cost the answer is - nothing, they don't realise that this government cutting back everythign from elderly care, public services, childrens mental health , persons, the NHS et al is simply to pay the enormous bill that the Brexiteers are generating

Why is it you won;t face these facts?
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:23 - Feb 17 with 1205 viewsfeelingblue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:14 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

No. I addressed you point regarding the poll. Everything else I have answered about 54738393939393939393 times with you and our budgie friend.

WTF

'budgie friend' is that supposed to be an insult, or is it supposed to devalue my opinion?

In all of your 54738393939393939393 'answers' you have never managed to come up with a remotely rational argument as to why leaving the single market has any benefit to the UK. (Other than as a price for stopping EU immigration, which even David Davies states has been beneficial to our economy).
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:25 - Feb 17 with 1194 viewschicoazul

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:07 - Feb 17 by SomethingBlue

The identity of the messenger is unfortunate, which is a shame because — as we've seen here — the pressing issues he raises will be completely ignored in favour of point-scoring.

He wants to persuade people to....what? Some people are protesting and making their voices heard, fair enough. He seems to want Brexit stopped. That ship sailed.

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:25 - Feb 17 with 1190 viewsGlasgowBlue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:23 - Feb 17 by feelingblue

WTF

'budgie friend' is that supposed to be an insult, or is it supposed to devalue my opinion?

In all of your 54738393939393939393 'answers' you have never managed to come up with a remotely rational argument as to why leaving the single market has any benefit to the UK. (Other than as a price for stopping EU immigration, which even David Davies states has been beneficial to our economy).

"you and our budgie friend" Ullaa is our budgie friend.

You need to take an hour or so to sit down and chill mate. You seeing things that aren't even there.

Iron Lion Zion

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:26 - Feb 17 with 1188 viewsGlasgowBlue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:25 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

He wants to persuade people to....what? Some people are protesting and making their voices heard, fair enough. He seems to want Brexit stopped. That ship sailed.

Unfortunately Blair has spent so long in the pay of murderous dictators around the world that he has forgotten what democracy looks like.

Iron Lion Zion

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:27 - Feb 17 with 1182 viewsNo9

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:16 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

May 17 2000
During question time, the prime minister insisted he supported a statement by the then Northern Ireland secretary, Peter Mandelson, that business would continue to suffer while Britain remained outside the Euro.

Yeah he got that one spot on didn't he.

As I continue to point out, you do NOT understand anything about the EU.

Staying outside the Euro may have been politically smart but, from a business point of view it has done Britsh companies a lot of harm.

I would not expect you to understand that as you don't understand how the single market works nor the tendering process nor risk.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:30 - Feb 17 with 1174 viewshype313

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:27 - Feb 17 by No9

As I continue to point out, you do NOT understand anything about the EU.

Staying outside the Euro may have been politically smart but, from a business point of view it has done Britsh companies a lot of harm.

I would not expect you to understand that as you don't understand how the single market works nor the tendering process nor risk.

What's that got to do with your assertion that he is best place to understand just how devastating bad intelligence can be?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:33 - Feb 17 with 1161 viewschicoazul

The referendum was basically an opinion poll. didnt the Supreme Court say that it didn hold any legal water? But I take your point of course.

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:34 - Feb 17 with 1159 viewsfeelingblue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:25 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

"you and our budgie friend" Ullaa is our budgie friend.

You need to take an hour or so to sit down and chill mate. You seeing things that aren't even there.

Another swerve.
I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:34 - Feb 17 with 1153 viewsgiant_stow

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:26 - Feb 17 by GlasgowBlue

Unfortunately Blair has spent so long in the pay of murderous dictators around the world that he has forgotten what democracy looks like.

And again!

If the country decides to have another vote or change its mind, what would be undemocratic about that?

You guys are still using your own notions of 'democracy' as a tool to suppress debate.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:38 - Feb 17 with 1135 viewsGlasgowBlue

I agree with Tony Blair.... on 11:34 - Feb 17 by giant_stow

And again!

If the country decides to have another vote or change its mind, what would be undemocratic about that?

You guys are still using your own notions of 'democracy' as a tool to suppress debate.

Only the government of the day decides whether there is a second referendum. Just as they proposed the first.

Elect one which proposes that and I'll abide by the democratic process and respect the result.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024