Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can someone like Giggs say this... 19:36 - Feb 21 with 3819 viewsclive_baker

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39039409

But if Farage says it about any other industry he's xenophobic?

Don't get me wrong, NF is an absolute thunderc*** but I don't see why this is deemed acceptable in football but not other industries.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:39 - Feb 21 with 2377 viewsMullet

Both cases of "give me a job because I'm famous" innit.

You're right though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:41 - Feb 21 with 2353 viewsfactual_blue

Who is deeming it acceptable?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:45 - Feb 21 with 2341 viewsSwansea_Blue

Possibly because it's normally relates back to the national side. Although he's not explicit, this arguement normally goes along the lines of we need more British managers to be given a chance if we want a top quality national coach. Same as for players. And there are home grown targets too (not specifically linked to nationality, but along the same lines of restriction).

Not saying it's right or wrong though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:46 - Feb 21 with 2335 viewsclive_baker

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:41 - Feb 21 by factual_blue

Who is deeming it acceptable?

I've not heard any protest to it.

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:48 - Feb 21 with 2314 viewsJ2BLUE

Rubbish. He could walk into a job in the SPL, English league one downwards or the Welsh Premier League. What he really means is he should be able to trade on his name as a player top be given a top managerial job. Doesn't work like that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:50 - Feb 21 with 2292 viewsSwansea_Blue

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:39 - Feb 21 by Mullet

Both cases of "give me a job because I'm famous" innit.

You're right though.

Giggs thinks he's above anything other than a top job, but has done nothing to earn the chance. Serious ego on that one.

Edit - as J2 says, he could get a chance if he was prepared to work his way up, ironically exactly as Clement has who is the example he quotes.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 20:16]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:57 - Feb 21 with 2262 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Not really the same though is it. Mass immigration impacting the livelihoods of builders etc (don't say it hasn't happened because I have family in the industry and it has) and football managers. Nonsense analogy.

BOT

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:02 - Feb 21 with 2218 viewsclive_baker

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 19:57 - Feb 21 by BorisOrTrevor

Not really the same though is it. Mass immigration impacting the livelihoods of builders etc (don't say it hasn't happened because I have family in the industry and it has) and football managers. Nonsense analogy.

Sorry why isn't it the same?

Login to get fewer ads

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:05 - Feb 21 with 2202 viewsBorisOrTrevor

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:02 - Feb 21 by clive_baker

Sorry why isn't it the same?

I really cannot be a*sed to reply to this, made my statement. I never argue with people called Clive at the best of times.

BOT

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:07 - Feb 21 with 2193 viewsclive_baker

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:05 - Feb 21 by BorisOrTrevor

I really cannot be a*sed to reply to this, made my statement. I never argue with people called Clive at the best of times.

I didn't think you could come across any more stupid than you did in your first reply but you've excelled yourself here.

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:28 - Feb 21 with 2109 viewsLuk38644

Needs to take a leaf out of Paul Clement's book and carry on coaching at a consistently high level before he earns the chance at a top club.

Hate that good ex-pro's get thrusted into good managerial jobs. Look at Keane, blokes an absolute train-wreck.
How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:28 - Feb 21 with 2107 viewsBorisOrTrevor

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:07 - Feb 21 by clive_baker

I didn't think you could come across any more stupid than you did in your first reply but you've excelled yourself here.

Ooh big Clive. Shut the eff up!

BOT

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:33 - Feb 21 with 2080 viewsclive_baker

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:28 - Feb 21 by BorisOrTrevor

Stop embarrassing yourself

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:33 - Feb 21 with 2082 viewsBigalhunter

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:28 - Feb 21 by BorisOrTrevor

There's nothing like well thought out reasoning.
Were the family builders just as thorough?
How can someone like Giggs say this... on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 1938 viewsgtsb1966

It wasn't many years ago we were complaining about the number of foreign players impacting on the chances of young British players. The French are also citing the influx of foreigners in their domestic rugby league impacting on their national side. Its certainly not xenophobic but a fact.
on 23:07 - Feb 21 with 1855 views_

on 23:08 - Feb 21 with 1843 views_

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:28 - Feb 21 by Luk38644

Needs to take a leaf out of Paul Clement's book and carry on coaching at a consistently high level before he earns the chance at a top club.

Hate that good ex-pro's get thrusted into good managerial jobs. Look at Keane, blokes an absolute train-wreck.

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 07:22 - Feb 22 with 1667 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 23:08 - Feb 21 by _

In fairness to Neville he had been England's assistant manager for three years before getting the Vallencia job.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 07:48 - Feb 22 with 1620 views_

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 07:22 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness to Neville he had been England's assistant manager for three years before getting the Vallencia job.

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 07:53 - Feb 22 with 1598 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 07:48 - Feb 22 by _

No. But it''s not as if he had no coaching experience at all.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 07:55 - Feb 22 with 1592 viewsRaedwald_625

on 07:48 - Feb 22 by _

Valencia - 'one of the biggest jobs in European football'

yeah, right.
How can someone like Giggs say this... on 08:08 - Feb 22 with 1554 viewsnrb1985

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 20:28 - Feb 21 by Luk38644

Totally agree - Conte and Pep both did their time elsewhere as did Zidane.

I have limited respect for anything that comes out of the mouth of a bloke who nabs his Brother's missus.
on 08:08 - Feb 22 with 1555 views_

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 07:55 - Feb 22 by Raedwald_625

Valencia - 'one of the biggest jobs in European football'

yeah, right.

on 08:11 - Feb 22 with 1545 views_

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 07:53 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

No. But it''s not as if he had no coaching experience at all.

How can someone like Giggs say this... on 08:16 - Feb 22 with 1527 viewsRaedwald_625

on 08:08 - Feb 22 by _

sorry, of course they've been prolific in Europe and indeed domestically over the last decade.

What was I thinking?

You know Villareal has been the top team just in the Comunidad de Valencana for a decade now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024