Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tumble Dryers! 19:38 - Feb 22 with 1430 viewsBluespeed225

Have any TWTD'ers had any of the publicised problems, or have you been offered the modification by the manufacturers? Just wondering as my dryer falls into the faulty group, it's been no problem in 4 years, but I've unplugged it till further notice!!
Tumble Dryers! on 20:00 - Feb 22 with 1402 viewsleftback

This is more of my wife's area of expertise but as I understand ours fell into the faulty category and hot point exchanged without any problem, at least I didn't hear of any! Our was only 18 months old
Tumble Dryers! on 20:11 - Feb 22 with 1380 viewsPinewoodblue

Didn't have any problems with ours. They offered to come and check it and make any modification necessary but was going to be nearly four months later. We accepted an alternative offer to replace. Delivered within seven days and old one taken away.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tumble Dryers! on 20:11 - Feb 22 with 1380 viewsCrofty

Tumble Dryers! on 20:00 - Feb 22 by leftback

This is more of my wife's area of expertise but as I understand ours fell into the faulty category and hot point exchanged without any problem, at least I didn't hear of any! Our was only 18 months old

Ours was one of the models needing to be modified.

If you call up and say it is smoking when being used they just exchange for a new one as quickly as they can.
Tumble Dryers! on 20:21 - Feb 22 with 1362 viewsPlums

We had ours modified last year. After they failed to sort it when promised, I complained politely via Twitter and had it done within a week.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Tumble Dryers! on 22:17 - Feb 22 with 1284 viewshoppy

What's this all about? Must've passed me by somewhere along the line?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Tumble Dryers! on 06:04 - Feb 23 with 1232 viewsBenters

No but i did have a Hotpoint washing machine and it got so hot the powder draw melted !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Tumble Dryers! on 07:13 - Feb 23 with 1193 viewsoldbluestu

I've asked my maid/cleaning woman and she said phone hotpoint, give them the details and they will replace it.

She also suggested if you're not going to use take a blowtorch to it and tell hotpoint it caught fire. Also get down the tip get an old tv etc also blowtorch them and tell hotpoint when it caught fire it also damaged the TV, microwave, camera etc standing near the dryer and you need brand new replacements for them
Tumble Dryers! on 12:58 - Feb 23 with 1136 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Tumble Dryers! on 07:13 - Feb 23 by oldbluestu

I've asked my maid/cleaning woman and she said phone hotpoint, give them the details and they will replace it.

She also suggested if you're not going to use take a blowtorch to it and tell hotpoint it caught fire. Also get down the tip get an old tv etc also blowtorch them and tell hotpoint when it caught fire it also damaged the TV, microwave, camera etc standing near the dryer and you need brand new replacements for them

Just had mine fixed this morning! 😃

We kept taking the fluff out after every wash, and the engineer said that was the reason why ours was in good condition and wasn't likely to have caught fire any time soon
Login to get fewer ads

Tumble Dryers! on 13:45 - Feb 23 with 1110 viewsFurrow

Tumble Dryers! on 12:58 - Feb 23 by BtreeBlueBlood

Just had mine fixed this morning! 😃

We kept taking the fluff out after every wash, and the engineer said that was the reason why ours was in good condition and wasn't likely to have caught fire any time soon

Registered about 18 months ago when they first said there was a fault .
Had the letter to say either they wouold be out in two months or they would replace the 7 year old model with a brand new one for £69.
No brainer brand new and two year gaurantee?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024