Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another player gambling story 21:12 - Feb 24 with 1698 viewsMullet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39083265

What a mess this bloke seems to be in. Shows what a sorry industry it is in many respects, with this spate of news popping up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Another player gambling story on 21:15 - Feb 24 with 1649 viewsclive_baker

I hope he gets the support he clearly needs. Poor bloke

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Another player gambling story on 21:21 - Feb 24 with 1619 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Wow, must be hard to get your head around such a surreal life.

Poll: Best Football Song

Another player gambling story on 21:24 - Feb 24 with 1600 viewsnshearman1

Another player gambling story on 21:21 - Feb 24 by RoyKeanesDog

Wow, must be hard to get your head around such a surreal life.

Terrible story. Gambling is an endemic problem in football, and it will become worse since they've been allowed to advertise, sponsor etc etc - kids grow up on this stuff. Poor bloke.
Another player gambling story on 21:37 - Feb 24 with 1554 viewsconnorscontract

Another player gambling story on 21:15 - Feb 24 by clive_baker

Yes, for those who haven't read it:

Brett had faced a traumatic few years in his personal life, with his 22-year-old wife having died of cancer in January 2015, four months after their daughter Mollie, who was born prematurely, had died.

Unbearable...
Another player gambling story on 22:00 - Feb 24 with 1453 viewsstickymockwell

Another player gambling story on 21:37 - Feb 24 by connorscontract

Yes, for those who haven't read it:

Brett had faced a traumatic few years in his personal life, with his 22-year-old wife having died of cancer in January 2015, four months after their daughter Mollie, who was born prematurely, had died.

Unbearable...

That truly is a sad story.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

on 22:21 - Feb 24 with 1392 views_

Another player gambling story on 00:55 - Feb 25 with 1250 viewsGarv

Terminating his contact had to be the right thing to do. You'd like to think the club are still trying to support him on a personal level if they can, however.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Another player gambling story on 07:36 - Feb 25 with 1146 viewsJohnhoz

Another player gambling story on 21:15 - Feb 24 by clive_baker

100% this.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Login to get fewer ads

Another player gambling story on 08:12 - Feb 25 with 1107 viewssparks

Another player gambling story on 07:36 - Feb 25 by Johnhoz

100% this.

I have sympathy for his position, and disdain for the apparent free reign the advertising has, in a world where booze and fags have advertising bans.

The double standards bother me though. 4 match ban for twitter, and no sanction listed from the SFA? (at least not in that story) Local manager here for whom I have a lot of time was suspended for many months and then banned for 3 years by the fa for similar... No suggestion of any match fixing.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Another player gambling story on 08:29 - Feb 25 with 1063 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Another player gambling story on 08:12 - Feb 25 by sparks

I have sympathy for his position, and disdain for the apparent free reign the advertising has, in a world where booze and fags have advertising bans.

The double standards bother me though. 4 match ban for twitter, and no sanction listed from the SFA? (at least not in that story) Local manager here for whom I have a lot of time was suspended for many months and then banned for 3 years by the fa for similar... No suggestion of any match fixing.

Sounds like common sense to me, the bloke has lost his job on top of his family, not sure a sanction from FA would do anything other than come across as petty and meaningless. But hey, from a jobsworth like you Sparky wouldn't expect much else!

BOT

Another player gambling story on 09:22 - Feb 25 with 984 viewsnshearman1

Why does even TWTD have to have a flashing sign at the bottom of every news story from Ladbroke encouraging us to Bet Now? Can we really get no other sponsorship Phil?
on 10:22 - Feb 25 with 897 views_

Another player gambling story on 09:22 - Feb 25 by nshearman1

Why does even TWTD have to have a flashing sign at the bottom of every news story from Ladbroke encouraging us to Bet Now? Can we really get no other sponsorship Phil?

Another player gambling story on 10:32 - Feb 25 with 865 viewsLord_Lucan

I touched on this recently on here. Gambling advertising should be banned, end of.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another player gambling story on 12:03 - Feb 25 with 812 viewsnshearman1

Another player gambling story on 10:32 - Feb 25 by Lord_Lucan

I touched on this recently on here. Gambling advertising should be banned, end of.

Totally agreed
Another player gambling story on 15:01 - Feb 25 with 722 viewssparks

Another player gambling story on 08:29 - Feb 25 by BorisOrTrevor

Sounds like common sense to me, the bloke has lost his job on top of his family, not sure a sanction from FA would do anything other than come across as petty and meaningless. But hey, from a jobsworth like you Sparky wouldn't expect much else!

You think that the one man should get a 3 year ban and another nothing?

Interesting.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024