Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad changes for next season 15:08 - Feb 26 with 3566 viewsIllinoisblue

Lawrence obviously gone, Berra to Scotland, Bart likely will have offers, can't see Pitman hanging around to be a sub. Could be a more interesting than usual Summer at Portman Rd

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Squad changes for next season on 09:40 - Feb 27 with 643 viewsbontcho

Squad changes for next season on 08:25 - Feb 27 by southnorfolkblue

If Bart goes, Gerken will play and Crowe will get promoted to the bench. Bigger issue to my mind is whether the manager would be given enough of the money to spend if Bart was sold.

I've not seen him play, is Crowe ready to be second choice? I think if this a real option he should play a game or two between now and the end of the season. This strikes me as a bigger decision than previously as we can't get an emergency loan.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Squad changes for next season on 09:59 - Feb 27 with 612 viewsgoat_man

Squad changes for next season on 22:02 - Feb 26 by bournemouthblue

Warburton
The Cowleys
Pearson
Sherwood
Tisdale

There must be a few others?

Edit: Pardew perhaps
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 22:03]

Don't know why we need these lists, when Paul Cook at Portsmouth is our next manager?
Squad changes for next season on 10:09 - Feb 27 with 595 viewsPilgrimblue

Squad changes for next season on 15:30 - Feb 26 by hoppy

I would (if it hasn't been already and I've just missed it) sort out Chambo on a new deal, try and secure Bart on a longer improved contract and Didz, providing he stays fit, sign Huws and Dave on permanent deals as soon as possible, as well as Berra leaving, others such as Douglas will probably depart, but think that's not a bad spine to work around.

They say that a good team is all about a good spine. We've got Bart, Chambers/Smith so need central midfield (maybe Dave or even Webster) and striker for next season. Simple!
Squad changes for next season on 10:17 - Feb 27 with 586 viewsjimsymBLUE

I still think the best possible scenario is Mick staying, of all the names mentioned still don't see anyone better and his rallying call for ME to loosen the purse strings to be heard.
Outs, Berra. Good servent but the time is right.
Digby. Not good enough.
Gerken. Reports Crowe has been excellent and time to move up the pecking order.
Taylor. Horrendous injury record.
Dougie. Please.
Coke. See above.
Bru. Lightweight, okay but meh.
Pitman. Not in favour, decent wages, smallish fee?
Lawrence. Have to be realistic, not coming back next year.
Williams. Love him but can't keep spanking money on injury prone players.

Think Spence has done enough to earn another years contract and Hyam must be in last chance saloon. Have to persevere with Bishop, real quality in there.
Big turnover of players but with youth coming through think we just need to add quality over quantity. Whose the best young CB in Div 1/2. Get him in the realisation that Webster won't be here for ever and a big fee is around the corner. Huws would cost 1.5/2m, young lad who is worth every penny. Diagouragagagagaga sign him up (small fee at a guess). One more CM? Possibly back in for Potts.
Striker absolutely key.
And a quality young loan or two (attacking wide players in the Fraser/Lawrence mould)
Yes there's probably going to need an outlay of 8/9m to make this happen but wage wise we shouldn't increase to much with 10/11 out the door, but all these guys coming in are young and hungry and their values could/should increase.
Speculate to accumulate ME....please.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Squad changes for next season on 10:38 - Feb 27 with 550 viewsIpswichTownNL

I would drop a ton of players. We have had the worst possible run when it comes to injuries but that has to stop one day. We pay 16 million in wages. With that money we should be able to build a much stronger starting 11.

We need GOALS. Football is not that complicated. Mick focussed on defending for the last 12 months trying to build a Trump like wall. Nonsense. We need to stop defending so much. We should be fine with a back five of Bart, Emanuel, Webster, Chambo/Smith & Kenlock/Knudsen).

That’s why I drop Skuse. Yes, he was decent yesterday but we need a more aggressive and forward thinking player in that crucial role. You need about 75 till 85 goals to compete in the Championship. We’re lucky to have a defence that will score about 10 of those a year. We NEED that 25 goal striker.

I’d say; gamble. Reduce the squat by A LOT. Use the saved wages on two / three decent players that can go in to the starting 11 directly. Yes, if we continue to run like sh*t injury wise we be in though spot but I can’t see Town compete in any other way under the current owner.

None of the above will ever happen with Mick so I still like to see him go.

Dean Gerken (Bart stays; out. Bart leaves; in)
Steven Taylor (better prove himself last few games or; out)
Jonas Knudsen (In. Not a big fan but would keep him on)
Luke Chambers (CB; in RB; out)
Tommy Smith (In)
Christophe Berra (Out)
Teddy Bishop (Give till Jan to prove himself; not in squat by then; out)
Cole Skuse (Out, need a more aggressive player in that role)
Leon Best (OUT)
David McGoldrick (in)
Brett Pitman (Out, not good enough)
Jordan Spence (Flip a coin)
Paul Digby (Out)
Adam Webster (Renew contract until 2174)
Giles Coke (OUT)
Kévin Bru (Out)
Grant Ward (In)
Luke Hyam (Out, can’t see him become a regular in our team)
Freddie Sears (Out, spend Pitman / Best / Sears wages on decent striker)
Jonny Williams (Mick out; in Mick in; out)
Jonathan Douglas (In — lol — OUT)
Andre Dozzell (In but season long loan to league two side)
James Blanchfield (can’t comment)
Shane McLoughlin (can’t comment)
Adam McDonnell (can’t comment)
Tom Lawrence (Out, unfortunately)
Kieffer Moore (Can’t really comment although yesterday’s performance has me worried)
Josh Emmanuel (In)
Myles Kenlock (In)
Ben Morris (can’t comment)
Bartosz Białkowski (IN)
Joe Robinson (can’t comment)
Danny Rowe (can’t comment)
Toumani Diagouraga (Out, better then what we have now but we should be able to do better)
Michael Crowe (can’t comment)
George Fowler (can’t comment)
Patrick Webber (can’t comment)
Dominic Samuel (can’t comment)
Emyr Huws (Sign him up)
Tristan Nydam (can’t comment)

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Squad changes for next season on 10:56 - Feb 27 with 525 viewschislehurstblue

Squad changes for next season on 21:54 - Feb 26 by ClausThomsen

He's been our best manager since Jim, but he's been here longer than Royle who performed much better.

I'd do everything we can to get Rowett in. Much worse squad at Brum and they were 7th when they sacked him. They were thereabouts last season too.

And he ripped up trees at Burton. Hasn't failed anywhere and comes across well.

A Jewell-esque journeyman would be disastrous. But if the 5 point plan is serious then those aren't the sort of managers we'd be looking at anyway.

This is the best post I have ever read on TWTD. This posters hates MM and they way he plays football, yet now wants Rowett in.

You couldnt make it up.
Squad changes for next season on 10:56 - Feb 27 with 523 viewschicoazul

Same old same old really. About 10 in about 10 out. It's just what we do nowadays isnt it.

Here's what id do; Ship out Chambers Berra Skuse Sears Douglas and give MMc a three year deal and some money to build a new squad around Bart Webster the full backs and McGoldrick.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Squad changes for next season on 11:34 - Feb 27 with 450 viewsNo9

Squad changes for next season on 07:41 - Feb 27 by artsbossbeard

I have it on reasonable good authority that Bart is off in the summer but family staying put in Ipswich as they all love the area.

Pure speculation from me but would therefore think somewhere reasonably commutable, Watford or Palace maybe?

Or;
West Ham
Norwich
???
Login to get fewer ads

Squad changes for next season on 11:38 - Feb 27 with 436 viewschicoazul

Squad changes for next season on 11:34 - Feb 27 by No9

Or;
West Ham
Norwich
???

If he lives in the Ipswich area he can get to pretty much anywhere in London within a couple of hours.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Squad changes for next season on 11:44 - Feb 27 with 424 viewsMedwayTractor

Squad changes for next season on 21:54 - Feb 26 by ClausThomsen

He's been our best manager since Jim, but he's been here longer than Royle who performed much better.

I'd do everything we can to get Rowett in. Much worse squad at Brum and they were 7th when they sacked him. They were thereabouts last season too.

And he ripped up trees at Burton. Hasn't failed anywhere and comes across well.

A Jewell-esque journeyman would be disastrous. But if the 5 point plan is serious then those aren't the sort of managers we'd be looking at anyway.

I had the same thoughts as you about Rowett, until I read Harry's notes before we played them recently, when all their comments made him appear to be a younger version of MM, all hoofball & no plan B.

I don't like the idea of any manager who has been out of a managerial job for too long, which, for me, rules out those like Curbishley, Burley and, God forbid, Hoddle (too much weird baggage as well - remember Eileen Drewery?).

Warburton is a good shout, took Brentford from nobodies to a force in the Championship, only to be ditched when the owner started tinkering with the club's internal structure. The only doubt for me is that one of his key players was Jonathan Douglas!

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Squad changes for next season on 13:05 - Feb 27 with 377 viewsClausThomsen

Squad changes for next season on 10:56 - Feb 27 by chislehurstblue

This is the best post I have ever read on TWTD. This posters hates MM and they way he plays football, yet now wants Rowett in.

You couldnt make it up.

Have you seen Brum's squad?

Did you see Burton play under Rowett?

Rowett's the best realistic choice (ie ME would have heard of him) to take over, and he doesn't have a blot on his copybook. He also got a much sh*tter squad consistently around the playoff positions.

Whoever gets Rowett in will benefit. Might as well be us.
Squad changes for next season on 13:15 - Feb 27 with 369 viewsClausThomsen

Squad changes for next season on 11:44 - Feb 27 by MedwayTractor

I had the same thoughts as you about Rowett, until I read Harry's notes before we played them recently, when all their comments made him appear to be a younger version of MM, all hoofball & no plan B.

I don't like the idea of any manager who has been out of a managerial job for too long, which, for me, rules out those like Curbishley, Burley and, God forbid, Hoddle (too much weird baggage as well - remember Eileen Drewery?).

Warburton is a good shout, took Brentford from nobodies to a force in the Championship, only to be ditched when the owner started tinkering with the club's internal structure. The only doubt for me is that one of his key players was Jonathan Douglas!

We just need fresh eyes and a fresh leader. Rowett's record is really decent and Brum's squad is sh*te.

We've got a crucial line of youngsters coming through and the last thing we need is for them all to have their "nuts broken" like Bishop.

The Cowley Bros are impressive, Warburton's alright but to be fair, whatever that chairman's statistic strategy is seems to work with any coach.

Hoddle, Curbishley or Burley would be decent enough - I'd love Taricco personally but ME hasn't heard of him. Hasselbaink might be worth a look. QPR is a crazy ass club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024