Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawrence 16:53 - Mar 9 with 3385 viewsFrimleyBlue

I dont know what it is. But I find him a potential bad egg in a dressing room.

Does anyone else get that feeling from the way he speaks?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lawrence on 16:57 - Mar 9 with 3349 viewsKieran_Knows

You've made that assumption 36 games in to the season? Bearing in mind more than likely half those games he's been our best player, and single handily kept us above the relegation spots.

Whilst Mick isn't exactly the flavour of the month at the moment (or last 18 months for that matter), I think one thing he has prided himself on over his 4 years here is how close the players/dressing room are/is. It's been mentioned countless times by both players and manager that a lot of background work goes on to find out about the players personality etc before signing.

If Lawrence was a bad egg, i'm 99% certain he wouldn't even be at the club.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 16:58]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lawrence on 16:59 - Mar 9 with 3334 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

No.

Mick doesn't have bad eggs around the place.

Leon best, Paul Taylor etc don't get games under mick for a reason

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Lawrence on 17:06 - Mar 9 with 3311 viewsSteve_M

Ah, Mickknows and tenuous deductions.

We've had some properly bad eggs as you put it in the dressing room in recent seasons (and not just J2's). Lawrence got frustrated on Tuesday and now you're comparing him, however implcitly, to Chopra, Bullard and Taylor.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 17:06]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lawrence on 17:07 - Mar 9 with 3302 viewshoppy

Lawrence on 16:59 - Mar 9 by The_Romford_Blue

No.

Mick doesn't have bad eggs around the place.

Leon best, Paul Taylor etc don't get games under mick for a reason

Paul Taylor's main reason for not getting games is that he's no longer at the club.

(of course, I knew what you meant really)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lawrence on 17:43 - Mar 9 with 3218 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lawrence on 17:06 - Mar 9 by Steve_M

Ah, Mickknows and tenuous deductions.

We've had some properly bad eggs as you put it in the dressing room in recent seasons (and not just J2's). Lawrence got frustrated on Tuesday and now you're comparing him, however implcitly, to Chopra, Bullard and Taylor.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 17:06]

Im not sure where ive compared him to those?

And tbh. You cant compare him with Best. Taylor either. Difference being is Lawrence has effectively carried this club this season and if Mick did get rid... where would we be.

I did ask if it was just me and if it is so beit. But something grates on me about him and his demeaner.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lawrence on 19:50 - Mar 9 with 3054 viewsconnorscontract

Lawrence on 17:07 - Mar 9 by hoppy

Paul Taylor's main reason for not getting games is that he's no longer at the club.

(of course, I knew what you meant really)

I thought it was toothache?
Lawrence on 20:36 - Mar 9 with 2951 viewsSteve_M

Lawrence on 19:50 - Mar 9 by connorscontract

I thought it was toothache?

Or being arrested...

Lawrence on 20:43 - Mar 9 with 2932 viewsbadadski

Lawrence on 20:36 - Mar 9 by Steve_M

Or being arrested...

The thing that probably grates on you is he is arrogant. Most decent players have an air of cockyiness/swagger about them. In fairness its what makes them so competitive without liking to lose. Renaldo has this, I hate him but he is brilliant and in fairness can pull it off, same as Cantona and even our very own Lawrence. I allow it to pass without too many gripes providing they live up to their ability.
Login to get fewer ads

Lawrence on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 2883 views3_5_2

Lawrence on 20:43 - Mar 9 by badadski

The thing that probably grates on you is he is arrogant. Most decent players have an air of cockyiness/swagger about them. In fairness its what makes them so competitive without liking to lose. Renaldo has this, I hate him but he is brilliant and in fairness can pull it off, same as Cantona and even our very own Lawrence. I allow it to pass without too many gripes providing they live up to their ability.

This.

I think he is a confident player and has that touch of arrogance which, as you say, I can live with if he produces the goods which clearly he does.

It is those who are a cock and play badly that annoy me

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Lawrence on 21:07 - Mar 9 with 2874 viewsSteve_M

Lawrence on 20:43 - Mar 9 by badadski

Taylor or Lawrence?

I've made no criticism of Lawrence's attitude as I don't see any, he's a bit inconsistent though, something the goals tend to mask. Taylor is just an appaling human being who flatters to deceive on a football pitch.

Lawrence on 10:29 - Mar 10 with 2638 viewsGeoffSentence

Lawrence on 17:43 - Mar 9 by FrimleyBlue

Im not sure where ive compared him to those?

And tbh. You cant compare him with Best. Taylor either. Difference being is Lawrence has effectively carried this club this season and if Mick did get rid... where would we be.

I did ask if it was just me and if it is so beit. But something grates on me about him and his demeaner.

I know what you mean, there's just something about him. Do you get the same feeling about Huws and Jonny Williams too?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lawrence on 11:38 - Mar 10 with 2532 viewsClausThomsen

Lawrence on 21:07 - Mar 9 by Steve_M

Taylor or Lawrence?

I've made no criticism of Lawrence's attitude as I don't see any, he's a bit inconsistent though, something the goals tend to mask. Taylor is just an appaling human being who flatters to deceive on a football pitch.

Why do you think Taylor's an appalling human being?
Lawrence on 11:51 - Mar 10 with 2481 viewsSomethingBlue

No.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lawrence on 12:36 - Mar 10 with 2385 viewsRyorry

I don't want to be unkind, but anyone who can jump to conclusions like that from just a "feeling", without having even met or spoken with the guy, never mind not having even sat inside the dressing room for 1 minute with him, seems to me much more of a "bad egg" than the person they're judging ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lawrence on 13:00 - Mar 10 with 2320 viewsBLUEBEAT

Weird that Leicester haven't been in direct contact with him since he's been here?

Poll: W or W

Lawrence on 13:10 - Mar 10 with 2288 viewsReuser_is_God

You've seen a few people call him a bellend on here in the past 2 weeks & you've jumped to that conclusion, haven't you?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lawrence on 13:52 - Mar 10 with 2197 viewsNo9

From where I sit I deduce he is not out on loan for no reason
Lawrence on 13:56 - Mar 10 with 2184 viewsSteve_M

Lawrence on 13:52 - Mar 10 by No9

From where I sit I deduce he is not out on loan for no reason

Is it because he is a young player who's parent club wanted him to play games regularly?

Lawrence on 13:57 - Mar 10 with 2179 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lawrence on 13:56 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

Is it because he is a young player who's parent club wanted him to play games regularly?

And the parent club being the champions of England and expecting him to get more minutes here than there..

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Lawrence on 13:57 - Mar 10 with 2176 viewsNo9

Maybe but he clearly has a bit of an attitude problem.
He was very lucky last Saturday
Lawrence on 13:58 - Mar 10 with 2172 viewshoppy

Why is it all the obvious facts always go putting a spanner in the works for a decent moan?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024