Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) 12:06 - Mar 13 with 2482 viewsSWGF

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 487 viewsDubtractor

Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) on 10:34 - Mar 14 by ClausThomsen

Defending is anti-football.

So you could say the same about MM.

Compared to KEane, McCarthy's teams have at least had a semblance of playing freely at times - I wan't him gone, but Keane was next level.

Everyone was terrified to make a mistake and we were so rigid and terrible to watch. Never been more bored at PR than watching us under Keane - he, more than any other manager, sucked the joy out pf watching ITFC for me.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) on 10:43 - Mar 14 with 474 viewsitfcjoe

Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) on 10:27 - Mar 14 by ClausThomsen

His win %age is decent though, especially at Burton.

Keane without the hindsight was ME's best appointment. He only had Sunderland on his CV at that time. It just couldn't have worked out much worse.

Mick played 2 strikers (sometimes even 3 when we made the playoffs), Keane almost always played 1 up front.

He's done a very good job at both Burton and Birmingham and will be a good appointment for Derby if given the chance for all evidence I've seen.

I'd have worried about him here though, because we've seen how he sets up a Championship side with limited players on a small budget and it isn't much prettier than what we watch in reality. Just a fresh voice which would improve things short term.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) on 10:46 - Mar 14 with 462 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) on 14:50 - Mar 13 by No9

Derby, Forest, Budgies cor, who could satisfy their supporters.

The word in Norwich is the Delia is in favour of Woy

I expect Hodgson would be very much up Delia's street but very different in terms of profile to Neil isn't he.
Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) on 11:21 - Mar 14 with 435 viewsClausThomsen

Five Live reporting Rowett's going to Derby (n/t) on 10:43 - Mar 14 by itfcjoe

He's done a very good job at both Burton and Birmingham and will be a good appointment for Derby if given the chance for all evidence I've seen.

I'd have worried about him here though, because we've seen how he sets up a Championship side with limited players on a small budget and it isn't much prettier than what we watch in reality. Just a fresh voice which would improve things short term.

Brum's players are far more limited than ours, and they were 7th. If we're in the playoff hunt then few are moaning.

Be interesting to see how he does with better players.

If ME's 5 point plan is serious then it does change the criteria for the new manager. I'd take Burley at this point!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024