Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Season Ticket pricing review..... 12:40 - Mar 21 with 2629 viewsitfcjoe

Winners
Those aged 20-23 who aren't in full time education would have been moving up to an adult ticket

Losers
U11s whose tickets have gone from £10 to £50
Those approaching aged 60, or aged between 60-65 whose tickets have basically gone up by 50%
Students aged above 23

Neutral
Everyone else - ticket price rise of 1.5% is neither here nor there in reality

But the biggest problem with this, is that the 'losers' are those who come to football generally with others - who will also be stopping.

I obviously haven't done a cost/benefit analysis on this, but if the club has then there one has some serious holes in it judging from the reception it has got but how difficult would it be just to have frozen prices for a year, and put in something with regards to STs moving to match state pension age over the next few years with a plan in place to show how.

As things stand they are basing the ticket sale on trying to bring kids in (as long as they are older than 12) but I haven't seen many people of that age enthralled by this offer and looking to sign up. I've seen a few who now see that their price is cheaper and a re happy with it, but it doesn't appear to be attracting new customers which is the key.

The 12,750 target is ludicrous too - we'll be lucky if we even get to 10,750.

A huge OG from the club, yet again. And all they will do is dig their heels in rather than consider a climb down.

What has happened to our club?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:43 - Mar 21 with 1621 viewsBenters

Its being run and managed by divs thats what happened .

Still enough of that,Milne gave us the Fanzone and they post pics on FB and everything !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:43 - Mar 21 with 1630 viewsElderGrizzly

SuperFrans did a really simple analysis - the 1.5% if applied to all ST renewals would only bring them in an extra £97k.

The same £97k is lost by just under 250 ST not being renewed in the SBRL

Obviously it doesn't take all the complexities in place, but it shows how stupid the small rise is
The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:47 - Mar 21 with 1588 viewsitfcjoe

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:43 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

SuperFrans did a really simple analysis - the 1.5% if applied to all ST renewals would only bring them in an extra £97k.

Obviously it doesn't take all the complexities in place, but it shows how stupid the small rise is

It's just a terrible PR move, and it is then compounded further by worse PR to justify the move.

How something like the U11 ticket, which has been held up by club as a 'good thing', for all these years can just be shelved like this is just beyond stupidity.

I feel at such a loss with what to do about it

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:48 - Mar 21 with 1581 viewsReuser_is_God

Good summary.

What has happened to our club?

Fcuk knows but, & perhaps more importantly, our owner doesn't know either.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:49 - Mar 21 with 1544 viewsKieran_Knows

Think of all the Kieffer Moore's we could get for £97k.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:49 - Mar 21 with 1544 viewsReuser_is_God

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:47 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

It's just a terrible PR move, and it is then compounded further by worse PR to justify the move.

How something like the U11 ticket, which has been held up by club as a 'good thing', for all these years can just be shelved like this is just beyond stupidity.

I like the 'we have done it because that's what others do'

Which is okay but they only do what other clubs do when it suits them i.e. money making things like the ST stuff & the 2 new kits every year.

Evans out

About 9.7 more than we need. (n/t) on 12:50 - Mar 21 with 1524 viewsBloots

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:49 - Mar 21 by Kieran_Knows

Think of all the Kieffer Moore's we could get for £97k.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:52 - Mar 21 with 1506 viewsitfcjoe

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:49 - Mar 21 by Reuser_is_God

I like the 'we have done it because that's what others do'

Which is okay but they only do what other clubs do when it suits them i.e. money making things like the ST stuff & the 2 new kits every year.

It's just lazy, and shows such a lack of interest from the top brass.

A race to the bottom for the fans - as an adult, the increase isn't really that bad a thing for me, not ideal - but it's just so obvious that the other moves are so bad and doing anything to disenfranchise the U11s (and those that bring them) is beyond stupid.

Login to get fewer ads

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:53 - Mar 21 with 1510 viewsSteve_M

Well quite, the club have managed to upset pretty much the entire fanbase with this. The difference to me personally is irrelevant but this is yet more poor decision making compounded by more ridiculous excuses.

Here's a video representation of the ticketing review:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About 9.7 more than we need. (n/t) on 12:53 - Mar 21 with 1494 viewsReuser_is_God

About 9.7 more than we need. (n/t) on 12:50 - Mar 21 by Bloots

Would all 9.7 of those Kieffer Moore have hit the post against us 4 years ago though?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 13:06]

Evans out

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:53 - Mar 21 with 1477 viewsKieran_Knows

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:53 - Mar 21 by Steve_M

Well quite, the club have managed to upset pretty much the entire fanbase with this. The difference to me personally is irrelevant but this is yet more poor decision making compounded by more ridiculous excuses.

Here's a video representation of the ticketing review:

As I side note, that is a very good twitter page!

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:54 - Mar 21 with 1476 viewsElderGrizzly

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:52 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

A race to the bottom for the fans - as an adult, the increase isn't really that bad a thing for me, not ideal - but it's just so obvious that the other moves are so bad and doing anything to disenfranchise the U11s (and those that bring them) is beyond stupid.

Interesting to see what they do with your corporate prices in the SBR suite. Probably more than 1.5%?!
The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:58 - Mar 21 with 1451 viewsitfcjoe

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:54 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

Interesting to see what they do with your corporate prices in the SBR suite. Probably more than 1.5%?!

I have asked the question - last year didn't find out until summer

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:58 - Mar 21 with 1450 viewsReuser_is_God

Next season was going to be my last year of student price so it's affected me slightly as I'd have to pay £10 a month more but fortunately for me that's not a big deal & I'd be able to pay that.

The reason I'm not renewing is the lack of awareness from the club to the bigger picture & the lack of interest from the owner. I don't care how many times Milne tells us that Evans' daughter is a huge fan; the bottom line is he doesn't have a clue about what he's doing.

Sub 10k crowds for certain next season unless something drastically changes.

I'll renew if one of the following happens:

- Evans appoints an exciting replacement for MM (Darrell Clarke etc)
- Evans invests properly into the playing budget

Evans out

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:59 - Mar 21 with 1429 viewsReuser_is_God

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:58 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

I have asked the question - last year didn't find out until summer

I don't understand why they don't release these prices at the same time?

Surely they should be pushing corporate just as much?

Evans out

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:06 - Mar 21 with 1364 viewsGuthrum

Probably even that's erring on the generous side:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401857/3560205/here-is-their-response-to-my-email-ab

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:12 - Mar 21 with 1325 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

"A huge OG from the club, yet again. And all they will do is dig their heels in rather than consider a climb down. "

Stuart Watson mentioned yesterday that the club should do a u-turn on the ticket prices but I just cant see them doing that. As you mentioned, the idiots in charge would rather we play in front of 10K then climb down from this now and that's what we are all up against. Change badly needed!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:14 - Mar 21 with 1305 viewsKieran_Knows

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:12 - Mar 21 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

"A huge OG from the club, yet again. And all they will do is dig their heels in rather than consider a climb down. "

Stuart Watson mentioned yesterday that the club should do a u-turn on the ticket prices but I just cant see them doing that. As you mentioned, the idiots in charge would rather we play in front of 10K then climb down from this now and that's what we are all up against. Change badly needed!

The absolute most the club will do is extend the 'early bird' deadline, just as they did last year.

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:18 - Mar 21 with 1287 viewsSteve_M

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:53 - Mar 21 by Kieran_Knows

As I side note, that is a very good twitter page!

It's superb, especially as they retweet Ullathorne/Gunn regularly. Someone needs to get the Megson one on there too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:28 - Mar 21 with 1232 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:14 - Mar 21 by Kieran_Knows

The absolute most the club will do is extend the 'early bird' deadline, just as they did last year.

Agreed, it will get extended to about June time where maybe enough time will have passed for some fans to have put this season behind them believing next year will be any different so they might renew.

Think I am now resided to the fact of giving up my ticket. I dont want to give up my season ticket, I love being an Ipswich fan but its the only way I can see to protest those in charge and making idiotic mistakes like these with the season tickets. It just seems to be OG after OG with the club these days and am sick of the BS that comes out of PR by people like Milne-can we have a coup?!?!

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:32 - Mar 21 with 1201 viewsSuperfrans

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:47 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

I know some people will consider this to be unimportant, but the club's reputation management and general PR is utterly appalling - outside of the pretty decent social media work they do, both generally from the club and also for Planet Blue.

For a start, what kind of business, of any significance or scale, allows its announcements to be leaked online the night before? Some bright spark found the entire price list posted online and then revealed it. How is that even possible? And this isn't the first time - it happened with the new kit a couple of years ago didn't it, discovered from scheduled Tweets, I think...

On top of that, someone needs to be advising Milne on his public utterances? He should have someone giving him strategic advice on this stuff, and also sitting with him in every meeting he's having with the press right now.

Any business where public statements have such a direct impact on income would operate in this way. I genuinely am not sure that they connect the dots...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:45 - Mar 21 with 1159 viewsSuperfrans

For me, it's all about what you can and can't sell to your customers (and, like it or not, we are customers).

It is possible to sell the under-11 rise, but they've made such a cock-up of it. £10 is ridiculously cheap, it's almost free (on a per match basis). What can you buy for 47p (the price per match) these days?

If, instead of £2 a match in points they had offered £2.50 a match, for the £50 season ticket, they could actually claim to be paying the kids to come along for the whole season. A really strong message.

The upping of the senior limit would have been much fairer if they had committed to the old threshold for anyone who hits 60 in the next 18 months. I know a couple of people who are currently 59 and had no idea they could get a seniors ticket at 60. Most people wouldn't. The ones it does punish are those who are under 65 and already getting it. What a kick in the (false) teeth.

And the 1.5% increase is daft. It brings in v little cash, impacts very little on each individual fan, but sends out a massive "two-fingers" message to all of us - and shows that they don't really understand how their own customers are feeling.

The people I feel sorry for are people within the club who are doing good stuff and working hard (Milts, Ogle, those in Planet Blue, the stewards etc), who will no doubt be getting all the flak.

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:48 - Mar 21 with 1137 viewsSuperfrans

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:06 - Mar 21 by Guthrum

Probably even that's erring on the generous side:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401857/3560205/here-is-their-response-to-my-email-ab

My sum was based on the simple 1.5% increase (which will presumably be calculated across the board) as a proportion of the £6,500 in ticket income we've had in each of the past two financial years, based on our accounts.

= £97,500.

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 1101 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 12:43 - Mar 21 by Benters

Its being run and managed by divs thats what happened .

Still enough of that,Milne gave us the Fanzone and they post pics on FB and everything !

And there is the cost of the fanzone!

£40 per under 11
The Season Ticket pricing review..... on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 1099 viewsFixed_It

I travel a long way to go to home matches. If my travelling mates stop going (and I think they will) my costs will sky-rocket - making it more difficult to me to justify going even with a season ticket.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024