Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"My goal is to build a more united UK" 17:16 - Mar 27 with 8822 viewsDarth_Koont

Baby steps, Theresa. Baby steps.

Let's first see if you can organise a p!ssup in a brewery.

Pronouns: He/Him

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:32 - Mar 27 with 923 viewsfactual_blue

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:15 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

Britain after Brexit QT special on BBC1 in 15 mins.

Here is Britain after Brexit

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:37 - Mar 27 with 909 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:31 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

But you have no actual facts that they will be worse , we ain't left yet so how the he ll can you have facts , however I have some facts , before we went into the eec then the eu , unemployment was lower , we used to trade in imports and exports successfully , classroom sizes were smaller , it was a lot easier to get a doctors appointment the same day , hospital waiting lists were shorter , manufacturing was higher , the social housing waiting list was a lot smaller ,another fact is these points were getting worse and worse year by year whilst in the eu , oh another fact , the banking collapse and the awful recession of a few years ago were while we were in the eu , why the hell would anyone with any sense vote to stay in it?

" Before we went into the EEC " are you referring to 1973, or some later date?
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:38 - Mar 27 with 903 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:31 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

But you have no actual facts that they will be worse , we ain't left yet so how the he ll can you have facts , however I have some facts , before we went into the eec then the eu , unemployment was lower , we used to trade in imports and exports successfully , classroom sizes were smaller , it was a lot easier to get a doctors appointment the same day , hospital waiting lists were shorter , manufacturing was higher , the social housing waiting list was a lot smaller ,another fact is these points were getting worse and worse year by year whilst in the eu , oh another fact , the banking collapse and the awful recession of a few years ago were while we were in the eu , why the hell would anyone with any sense vote to stay in it?

Maybe because we had successive governments in the 50s, 60s and 70s that prioritised health, education and social services? Hell, even the citizens prioritised these services back then.

This is typical of the more ignorant Brexiteers. You're blaming the EU for things that we've had control of all this time.

Maybe leaving the EU is a good thing so that we can start taking some responsibility for the state of our own politics and social values. Should just be Take Control.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:39 - Mar 27 with 899 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:31 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Because we're taking ourselves out of our major trading agreement and won't get back those terms.

You can't simply replace that trading partnership with other markets across the world because the key is proximity - and in any case there's zero indication we could get a better deal with those overseas markets than the EU with its far superior weight in negotiations.

Added to which we're a services-based economy that relies on access to the single market to operate and operate profitably. Our financial services look in a risky position and even May stated that remaining in the single market was an imperative for that sector. If we want to keep the passporting then we'll have to give up something else but hey let's just add that to the 1.7 trillion debt and pretend everything is fine.

If you can show me your workings why we'll be the same or better off after we've paid the cost of restructuring our trade then be my guest.

So no actual facts , see my earlier reply to blue islander for my reply
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:42 - Mar 27 with 890 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:39 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

But are you comparing 1973 to the present day? Things have moved on a bit since then.
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:44 - Mar 27 with 890 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:38 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Maybe because we had successive governments in the 50s, 60s and 70s that prioritised health, education and social services? Hell, even the citizens prioritised these services back then.

This is typical of the more ignorant Brexiteers. You're blaming the EU for things that we've had control of all this time.

Maybe leaving the EU is a good thing so that we can start taking some responsibility for the state of our own politics and social values. Should just be Take Control.

Yep that is why we have to leave the eu , things were a lot better before we went firstly eec then Europe , so yes ,it's fair to blame being part of the eu for this situation because as you quite rightly just admitted prior to the eec then the eu things were a lot better , and that's not being as you stated an ignorant brexiter , it's a fact
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:44 - Mar 27 with 890 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:39 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

If you jump off a cliff you will die. But it's not a fact until it happens.

Politically, economically and socially, you always have to plan ahead and look at the likely scenarios. I've painted my likely scenario, where's yours if you even have one? What are the risks? Or shall we just wing it with the Dambusters playing in the background?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:45 - Mar 27 with 883 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:44 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

If you jump off a cliff you will die. But it's not a fact until it happens.

Politically, economically and socially, you always have to plan ahead and look at the likely scenarios. I've painted my likely scenario, where's yours if you even have one? What are the risks? Or shall we just wing it with the Dambusters playing in the background?

So no facts , just your guesses
Login to get fewer ads

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:46 - Mar 27 with 883 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:44 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Yep that is why we have to leave the eu , things were a lot better before we went firstly eec then Europe , so yes ,it's fair to blame being part of the eu for this situation because as you quite rightly just admitted prior to the eec then the eu things were a lot better , and that's not being as you stated an ignorant brexiter , it's a fact

I don't know whether to laugh or cry ...

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:47 - Mar 27 with 871 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:46 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

I don't know whether to laugh or cry ...

Unfortunately for you , your in the minority , there's another fact for you
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:51 - Mar 27 with 855 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:47 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

Unfortunately for you , your in the minority , there's another fact for you

No, unfortunately for me, you're in the majority and are now driving policy.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:55 - Mar 27 with 833 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:51 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

No, unfortunately for me, you're in the majority and are now driving policy.

The fact is your in the minority , how the hell can you deny it
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:58 - Mar 27 with 815 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:55 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

He hasn't denied it!
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:59 - Mar 27 with 814 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:55 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

I didn't.

I'll be honest, you're not making much sense here, let alone a point.

(No subject) on 21:05 - Mar 27 with 747 viewsStokieBlue

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:38 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

What have either this government or the last labour government prioritised above health, education and social services?

They might have massively mismanaged it and made some very bad decisions but I don't think it's even been far down the list as you seem to imply.

Not that any of that makes leaving the EU the correct decision.

SB
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 21:07]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:09 - Mar 27 with 751 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 20:59 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

I didn't.

I'll be honest, you're not making much sense here, let alone a point.

You mean I'm dealing in facts , your dealing in guesses , I don't normally reply on these brexit for and against threads , but you are continually calling brexiters ignorant and stupid because you have different views , you lost , get over it , nothing is proven yet wether it will be worse or better , but to keep going on about it like you do , well you'll make yourself Ill , my points are and why I voted to leave are
Did we suceefully trade with Europe prior to any eec or Eu involvement
Were classroom sizes smaller
Were there less unemployed
Were hospital waiting lists smaller
Was there more manufacturing in the country
Were doctors waiting lists smaller
Were there more social housing opportunities for people who could not get a mortgage
There is just a few questions , a simple yes or no would be sufficient to answer them as these are facts not guesses
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:15 - Mar 27 with 742 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:09 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

You mean I'm dealing in facts , your dealing in guesses , I don't normally reply on these brexit for and against threads , but you are continually calling brexiters ignorant and stupid because you have different views , you lost , get over it , nothing is proven yet wether it will be worse or better , but to keep going on about it like you do , well you'll make yourself Ill , my points are and why I voted to leave are
Were there more social housing opportunities for people who could not get a mortgage
There is just a few questions , a simple yes or no would be sufficient to answer them as these are facts not guesses

What do any of those have to do with the EU? Just take one and explain the connection.

Classroom sizes were smaller before John Craven's Newsround started too ... the meddling b@st@rd.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:15 - Mar 27 with 739 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:09 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

You really can't compare the state of the country 45 years ago, with present day. Is it really the aim of the Brexiteers to turn the clock back.?
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:27 - Mar 27 with 700 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:15 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

What do any of those have to do with the EU? Just take one and explain the connection.

Classroom sizes were smaller before John Craven's Newsround started too ... the meddling b@st@rd.

What I'm saying is , before any eec or Eu organisation , what I've stated is true , I could also add that the crime rate has increased and the prison capacities are now at bursting point , now wether or not things will improve out of the eu remains to be seen , but one thing is for sure , year by year the things I mentioned were getting worse and worse , that can not be denied
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:29 - Mar 27 with 684 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:27 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

What I'm saying is , before any eec or Eu organisation , what I've stated is true , I could also add that the crime rate has increased and the prison capacities are now at bursting point , now wether or not things will improve out of the eu remains to be seen , but one thing is for sure , year by year the things I mentioned were getting worse and worse , that can not be denied

Has anything about the UK improved for you since 1973?
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:30 - Mar 27 with 684 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:27 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

And you blame the EU??!!

With all due respect ...

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:33 - Mar 27 with 663 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:30 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

And you blame the EU??!!

With all due respect ...

One assumes he does. Otherwise why mention it?
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:33 - Mar 27 with 663 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:29 - Mar 27 by blueislander

Has anything about the UK improved for you since 1973?

No I think it's got worse to be honest , that's why I voted leave
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:36 - Mar 27 with 652 viewspistonbroke

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:30 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

And you blame the EU??!!

With all due respect ...

Once again in about ten years time we will see if things improve , no proof either way at the moment is there
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:37 - Mar 27 with 652 viewsblueislander

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:33 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

No I think it's got worse to be honest , that's why I voted leave

And the reason for that is that we have been a member of what is now the EU?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024