Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw 17:07 - Apr 1 with 807 viewsSmithy

Please just feck off

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:19 - Apr 1 with 761 viewsHerbivore

Eh? Mick should go at the end of the season but I can't really see any evidence that he was playing for a draw today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:22 - Apr 1 with 751 viewsBlueBadger

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:19 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

Eh? Mick should go at the end of the season but I can't really see any evidence that he was playing for a draw today.

In all fairness, with Douglas in the side, a draw's a pretty lofty ambition...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:24 - Apr 1 with 723 viewsdalianwasexciting

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:19 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

I think the players have lost the ability and confidence to do anything other than be defensive. Long high balls to Pitman who is infinitely better on the ground than he is in the air, is simply tantamount to taking the pi$$. 2 DM's at home

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:25 - Apr 1 with 713 viewsIpswichKnight

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:22 - Apr 1 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, with Douglas in the side, a draw's a pretty lofty ambition...

Playing with Bru, Dougie actually looked good. Knudsen and his long throw what a waste of time none have even created a chance yet we still persist in wasting a throw.
Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:27 - Apr 1 with 693 viewsHerbivore

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:24 - Apr 1 by dalianwasexciting

I think the players have lost the ability and confidence to do anything other than be defensive. Long high balls to Pitman who is infinitely better on the ground than he is in the air, is simply tantamount to taking the pi$$. 2 DM's at home

The players are short of confidence, agreed. However, at no point during the game today did I think we were playing for a draw. It's a false, lazy criticism.

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:32 - Apr 1 with 641 viewsAdmiralFunge

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:27 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

The players are short of confidence, agreed. However, at no point during the game today did I think we were playing for a draw. It's a false, lazy criticism.

I dunno, Herbers.

We were dreadfully, dreadfully negative between their goal and Samuel coming on (who actually looked quite good; a significant improvement on Moore...) - reminiscent of us protecting a 1-0 lead, as opposed to chasing the game. Bewildered by the approach.

Thank goodness for a very fortunate Ward strike, and, as always, Bart.

Without Bart, we'd be in the bottom 3. How many points has he won us this year?

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:35 - Apr 1 with 620 viewsCoco

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:27 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

Obviously not playing for a draw but always bloody happy to get one. I think the op was implying he was playing not to lose. Which he was and always does. An absolute relic of a manager who should just sod off.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:37 - Apr 1 with 614 viewsTractorboy24

Not so much playing for a draw, but there was no thought on how to turn it round. After their goal, we didn't look like creating anything, he waited 20 minutes to put a different striker on and sent Rowe out to warm up most of the second half, even getting him to get his kit on and then didn't bother changing it when we desperate for width in the midfield.

McCarthy got lucky with the cross which was so poor it went in saving us from defeat!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:40 - Apr 1 with 590 viewsdalianwasexciting

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:35 - Apr 1 by Coco

Obviously not playing for a draw but always bloody happy to get one. I think the op was implying he was playing not to lose. Which he was and always does. An absolute relic of a manager who should just sod off.

Agreed - playing for a draw was not the best use of English....and it should have said happy to settle for a draw. Its not as it its the first or even twentieth time though is it?

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:41 - Apr 1 with 584 viewsHerbivore

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:32 - Apr 1 by AdmiralFunge

I dunno, Herbers.

We were dreadfully, dreadfully negative between their goal and Samuel coming on (who actually looked quite good; a significant improvement on Moore...) - reminiscent of us protecting a 1-0 lead, as opposed to chasing the game. Bewildered by the approach.

Thank goodness for a very fortunate Ward strike, and, as always, Bart.

Without Bart, we'd be in the bottom 3. How many points has he won us this year?

Were we negative? I thought we were just plain crap.

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:45 - Apr 1 with 562 viewsGlasgowBlue

Or

Thank you for your hard work over the past four years. You came when we really needed you, and you gave us some much needed hope by reaching or challenging for the play offs, but unfortunately it's no longer working out and perhaps it would be best for all concerned if we parted company at the end of this season.

Once again may I take this opportunity to thank you for you efforts whilst manager of our club and all the best for the future.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:48 - Apr 1 with 545 viewsAdmiralFunge

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:41 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

Were we negative? I thought we were just plain crap.

Ha! Yeah, I'll concede the point.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 18:00 - Apr 1 with 496 viewsTrequartista

Well done Michael got eaxactly what you wanted, a draw on 17:45 - Apr 1 by GlasgowBlue

Or

Thank you for your hard work over the past four years. You came when we really needed you, and you gave us some much needed hope by reaching or challenging for the play offs, but unfortunately it's no longer working out and perhaps it would be best for all concerned if we parted company at the end of this season.

Once again may I take this opportunity to thank you for you efforts whilst manager of our club and all the best for the future.

That would have been fairly appropriate had he left last season. Too late now though mr pig headed has made a complete mess

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024