Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight 13:57 - Apr 4 with 2475 viewsMullet

Only Bristol have a better GD.

Realistically then how many do we have to lose in a row to slip into the bottom three? The chances of them all wining in the next 2 games or so to leapfrog us seems impossible even without checking who plays who.

What would it actually take do we think? Next 4 all losses?

Even Wigan need another six to drag themselves level with bottom 3rd.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:58 - Apr 4 with 1105 viewstextbackup

At best I see 1 point from next 3 games, so that's a start. However the teams below us being so poor is our only saving grace

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:59 - Apr 4 with 1104 viewschristiand

Rotherham and Wigan are down in my opinion Mullet. It comes down to that last relegation spot, we're not winning but getting the draws. However, if the teams below us begin to get the odd win here and there that then puts the pressure on us . For us then to change our philosophy and approach to games and go out and win, that could prove the telling factor! After all we still have Burton, Forest, Rotherham and Wigan and if they beat us then the heat is well and truly on. I just don't have the confidence in the team to pull out a win when we need it most. I just don't see why MM just doesn't go for the 3 points in games? A win will have a massive psychological effect on us and those around us. 50 points would be my target.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 15:05 - Apr 4 with 1095 viewstextbackup

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:43 - Apr 4 by Mullet

And presumably unfortunate that other teams have been better?

This type of thinking just baffles me frankly.

Like the morons who claimed we "crept in" the playoffs or 7th was a false position. It just doesn't make sense. The reason the "panic button" can be hit is an element almost wishing to make it so.

Stick up for your mick all you like, but he couldn't get his team to get the points to have our fate in own hands that final day of season vs Blackburn.
That mindset carried on into the playoffs. You aren't thick, you know a win would have given us a better springboard going into that Norwich home leg

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 15:08 - Apr 4 with 1090 viewsMullet

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 15:05 - Apr 4 by textbackup

Stick up for your mick all you like, but he couldn't get his team to get the points to have our fate in own hands that final day of season vs Blackburn.
That mindset carried on into the playoffs. You aren't thick, you know a win would have given us a better springboard going into that Norwich home leg

Probably best you give me a wide berth, let alone put words in my mouth.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 15:19 - Apr 4 with 1061 viewsBinner

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:59 - Apr 4 by christiand

Rotherham and Wigan are down in my opinion Mullet. It comes down to that last relegation spot, we're not winning but getting the draws. However, if the teams below us begin to get the odd win here and there that then puts the pressure on us . For us then to change our philosophy and approach to games and go out and win, that could prove the telling factor! After all we still have Burton, Forest, Rotherham and Wigan and if they beat us then the heat is well and truly on. I just don't have the confidence in the team to pull out a win when we need it most. I just don't see why MM just doesn't go for the 3 points in games? A win will have a massive psychological effect on us and those around us. 50 points would be my target.

I think it is premature to write off Wigan. If they would beat us tonight then what looks like a relatively easy three points at home against Rotherham on Saturday, then they'd be back in the pack.

Tonight is their Alamo; given our confidence is shot all over the park I have a bad feeling about tonight's game...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 15:20 - Apr 4 with 1058 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:56 - Apr 4 by Mullet

Teams finish where they deserve.

I wasn't calling you a moron at all.

Thank you :)

I cant really disagree with that comment if I am honest. I do just feel that sometimes there is an element of luck/fortune or misfortune that's all and that's all I was getting at.

Whether its a lucky deflected goal, an own goal, a dodgy penalty decision, a wrong offside decision-there are so many factors in football that can change a game or even a season if enough go for you or against you.

I think there are a few twists and turns to come before the seasons out and I just hope we can get a win tonight to take the pressure off that's all.

If the atmosphere is anything like Saturday though I can genuinely see us getting into trouble tonight and getting drawn right into mire.

Any protests need to be before or after the game, not during.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:41 - Apr 4 with 1030 viewsSomethingBlue

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:55 - Apr 4 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

We only made it into the play-offs due to Derbys complete and utter implosion-fortunate???

Think most fans that actually sat and watched us the following season would agree that 7th definitely flattered us that season as we were incredibly poor.

I get what you are saying though.

If you want to call me a moron then go for it, only posting my opinion on a open forum. I like to hope that no fan would genuinely want us to lose, I certainly dont and never will. I just hope for an Ipswich era without the likes of Mick, Milne & Evans.

The Derby argument is the easiest one to pick apart that this board has ever seen — and that's saying something.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 15:46]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:15 - Apr 4 with 998 viewsPJH

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:41 - Apr 4 by SomethingBlue

The Derby argument is the easiest one to pick apart that this board has ever seen — and that's saying something.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 15:46]

But Derby must be the unluckiest side ever because it looks like they are going to miss the playoffs again just because they did not get as many points as the team that finished 6th
How unlucky is that?
Login to get fewer ads

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 16:42 - Apr 4 with 971 viewstextbackup

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 15:08 - Apr 4 by Mullet

Probably best you give me a wide berth, let alone put words in my mouth.

Lol is that a threat?

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:14 - Apr 4 with 934 viewsPilgrimblue

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 14:24 - Apr 4 by Mullet

I think we will win tonight if we can avoid the self-sabotage of Saturday's game.

Skuse is a massive loss with CM already so depleted. Time for McGoldrick to take centre stage. If he and Pitman repeat what they did in the reverse fixture we could end up handing out a beating.

I too think we'll win but not by much. However Skuse won't be a big loss, in fact it'll enable the midfield to play with more threat esp if Mcg is there. He hasn't shown that he's a striker any more so I hope MM partners Pitman and either Freddie of Samuel. Mcg may not be a ball winner but he'll revel in the space behind the strikers.
6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:16 - Apr 4 with 930 viewsstrikalite

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 15:19 - Apr 4 by Binner

I think it is premature to write off Wigan. If they would beat us tonight then what looks like a relatively easy three points at home against Rotherham on Saturday, then they'd be back in the pack.

Tonight is their Alamo; given our confidence is shot all over the park I have a bad feeling about tonight's game...

Agree, Wigan have been playing quite well lately, maximum points from tonight going into their Saturday game is a huge incentive for them...

I have a bad feeling too...
6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:32 - Apr 4 with 912 viewsPJH

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:14 - Apr 4 by Pilgrimblue

I too think we'll win but not by much. However Skuse won't be a big loss, in fact it'll enable the midfield to play with more threat esp if Mcg is there. He hasn't shown that he's a striker any more so I hope MM partners Pitman and either Freddie of Samuel. Mcg may not be a ball winner but he'll revel in the space behind the strikers.

If Skuse had been on the pitch Birmingham would in all probability not scored.
He would have tracked the run and very likely won the ball.

Admittedly the midfield is more threat when we is not there but trouble is it is the opposition midfield.
6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:33 - Apr 4 with 906 viewstextbackup

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:32 - Apr 4 by PJH

If Skuse had been on the pitch Birmingham would in all probability not scored.
He would have tracked the run and very likely won the ball.

Admittedly the midfield is more threat when we is not there but trouble is it is the opposition midfield.

We've conceded plenty when Skuse has been on the pitch

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:36 - Apr 4 with 902 viewsPJH

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:33 - Apr 4 by textbackup

We've conceded plenty when Skuse has been on the pitch

True but the way that Birmingham scored is exactly the sort of thing that Skuse usually prevents.
6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:42 - Apr 4 with 898 viewstextbackup

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 17:36 - Apr 4 by PJH

True but the way that Birmingham scored is exactly the sort of thing that Skuse usually prevents.

Hopefully Wigan haven't done their homework then

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 19:07 - Apr 4 with 864 viewsBinner

6 pts and 6 teams between us and the bottom 3 before tonight on 15:19 - Apr 4 by Binner

Having seen the team-sheet am more confident...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024