Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey 17:46 - Apr 24 with 3972 viewsGlasgowBlue

Even Wales is going towards the Tories

Should Jezza stand down now to give Labour half a chance?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 17:46]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Blimey on 17:55 - Apr 24 with 2727 viewsbluelagos

Labour look royally fcked if they are behind your mob in Wales. I heard a BBC reporter earlier say the Tory tactic is to do as little media as possible, let Corbyn have as much TV time as possible. Not looking like a contest is it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Blimey on 17:56 - Apr 24 with 2713 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Only 13% for the Welsh party in Wales is pretty sh1t as well ain't it?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Blimey on 17:59 - Apr 24 with 2706 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey on 17:55 - Apr 24 by bluelagos

Labour look royally fcked if they are behind your mob in Wales. I heard a BBC reporter earlier say the Tory tactic is to do as little media as possible, let Corbyn have as much TV time as possible. Not looking like a contest is it.

As Guido said earlier; Communist-endorsed Labour arguing with themselves about Trident and they advocate borrowing half a trillion pounds more. That’s the day won for the Tories without Theresa May having to lift a finger.

If Wales does go Tory then we are looking at a national swing of 9% which I think gives the Tories a majority of aprox 175. Carzy times and not altogether healthy imo.

Not that I won't be pissing myself laughing at the time.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey on 18:03 - Apr 24 with 2686 viewsEastTownBlue

That would be explain why May has kept a low profile (or compared to a submarine as Cameron thought during the referendum).
Blimey on 19:22 - Apr 24 with 2597 viewsbazza

Blimey on 17:59 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

As Guido said earlier; Communist-endorsed Labour arguing with themselves about Trident and they advocate borrowing half a trillion pounds more. That’s the day won for the Tories without Theresa May having to lift a finger.

If Wales does go Tory then we are looking at a national swing of 9% which I think gives the Tories a majority of aprox 175. Carzy times and not altogether healthy imo.

Happy to see 5 more years of the conservatives, I actually predicted a majority last election on here, but having only one party to really vote for is quite worrying.
Blimey on 19:49 - Apr 24 with 2556 viewsbournemouthblue

Indeed, they're keep May away from the public and the media because she's such a 'strong' leader

Avoid any debate or scrutiny and let the right wing media take care of this short election campaign

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Blimey on 19:50 - Apr 24 with 2551 viewsbournemouthblue

Blimey on 19:22 - Apr 24 by bazza

Happy to see 5 more years of the conservatives, I actually predicted a majority last election on here, but having only one party to really vote for is quite worrying.

Which of their policies and record particularly resonate with you?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Blimey on 19:54 - Apr 24 with 2542 viewsStokieBlue

You have to say that's a good tactic.

Feet up with a cuppa for 6 weeks.

OK, that's a bit tongue in cheek but you can see how they would think that. I do actually think May should do a TV debate where policies can be debated.

SB
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 19:55]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Blimey on 19:55 - Apr 24 with 2532 viewschicoazul

Wales huge Leave vote which may explain this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Blimey on 19:59 - Apr 24 with 2519 viewsArcher4721

Blimey on 19:54 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

You have to say that's a good tactic.

Feet up with a cuppa for 6 weeks.

OK, that's a bit tongue in cheek but you can see how they would think that. I do actually think May should do a TV debate where policies can be debated.

SB
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 19:55]

Whilst sending out pure fantasy in their election broadcasts

I think they've been inspired by the "£350m to the NHS" Brexit ad and have gone into full on lying sh1thouse mode.

The Conservative party political broadcast was aired on ITV and it's hilarious.

The Tories will fight for a fairer society

They will create a government that works for everyone, not just the privileged few

They will invest in the NHS like no government has before

They will take care of our nations most vulnerable people

Everything that they're against...Staggering.
Blimey on 20:01 - Apr 24 with 2515 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey on 19:49 - Apr 24 by bournemouthblue

Indeed, they're keep May away from the public and the media because she's such a 'strong' leader

Avoid any debate or scrutiny and let the right wing media take care of this short election campaign

Getting your excuses in early?

You can hardly blame the right wing media for the Corbyn clusterfcuk.

And do you consider the Guardian, the Observer, the Mirror and the New Statesman to be RW media! Because they are equally critical of him.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey on 20:07 - Apr 24 with 2500 viewsGuthrum

Blimey on 17:56 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Only 13% for the Welsh party in Wales is pretty sh1t as well ain't it?

Not entirely. For pretty much its whole existence, Plaid has been struggling to break out of its rural, Welsh-speaking heartland, mostly in the North. They've rarely had much support in Cardiff or in the South Wales (now ex-)mining areas (which are mostly Labour). They currently only hold 11 out of the 60 seats in the Welsh Assembly (a lovely building, excellent viewing gallery, well worth a visit), with Labour having nearly three times as many.

Plaid are not quite like the SNP, the former's roots being more of a Welsh cultural and language preservation society. Independence, while always advocated, is something of an afterthought.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Blimey on 20:07 - Apr 24 with 2496 viewsbazza

Blimey on 19:50 - Apr 24 by bournemouthblue

Which of their policies and record particularly resonate with you?

The increases in the personal allowance and 40% tax threshold have benefitted me, and the fact they are willing to make tough decisions, like cuts in benefits, labour left this country in a hell of a mess, and I think it would take a while before they can get their house in order, and make it worth my vote.
Blimey on 20:13 - Apr 24 with 2487 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Blimey on 20:07 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

Not entirely. For pretty much its whole existence, Plaid has been struggling to break out of its rural, Welsh-speaking heartland, mostly in the North. They've rarely had much support in Cardiff or in the South Wales (now ex-)mining areas (which are mostly Labour). They currently only hold 11 out of the 60 seats in the Welsh Assembly (a lovely building, excellent viewing gallery, well worth a visit), with Labour having nearly three times as many.

Plaid are not quite like the SNP, the former's roots being more of a Welsh cultural and language preservation society. Independence, while always advocated, is something of an afterthought.

Cheers Guthers

I can always rely on you to give me some good info.

In my head, they were the smaller and Welsh version of the SNP but that appears to be wrong

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Blimey on 20:26 - Apr 24 with 2457 viewsStokieBlue

Blimey on 19:49 - Apr 24 by bournemouthblue

I've just seen JC's speech on the news and he really needs a tutor or something. You might not think it's important but he read the whole thing from his notes without looking up and without making eye contact with the audience.

That's fine if the people already agree with you but it makes people uncomfortable if they don't and you're trying to persuade them.

He needs to be effective so the country can have a proper election and these small points should have been sorted out over the last year. His point may not get across to non-supporters as it's uncomfortable to watch.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Blimey on 21:02 - Apr 24 with 2415 viewsGuthrum

Blimey on 20:13 - Apr 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Cheers Guthers

I can always rely on you to give me some good info.

In my head, they were the smaller and Welsh version of the SNP but that appears to be wrong

They've never had the breakthroughs which the SNP enjoyed in the '70s and again since the 1990s.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Blimey on 21:19 - Apr 24 with 2386 viewsnoggin

Blimey on 20:07 - Apr 24 by bazza

The increases in the personal allowance and 40% tax threshold have benefitted me, and the fact they are willing to make tough decisions, like cuts in benefits, labour left this country in a hell of a mess, and I think it would take a while before they can get their house in order, and make it worth my vote.

Me Me Me. Is it any wonder Britain is in such a mess?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blimey on 21:26 - Apr 24 with 2376 viewsBLUEGOLD

Blimey on 20:07 - Apr 24 by bazza

I'm all right Jack and screw the rest.

Cut poor peoples benefits and give them to the higher earners, that's fair.

To55er
Blimey on 21:39 - Apr 24 with 2337 viewsbazza

Blimey on 21:19 - Apr 24 by noggin

Me Me Me. Is it any wonder Britain is in such a mess?

It wasn't just a personal increase for me....everyone one was entitled to benefit from it.
Blimey on 21:53 - Apr 24 with 2305 viewsbazza

Blimey on 21:26 - Apr 24 by BLUEGOLD

I'm all right Jack and screw the rest.

Cut poor peoples benefits and give them to the higher earners, that's fair.

To55er

I don't agree with certain cuts, but the benefits system in this country is a joke, and I don't think people who get off their arses and go to work, and have next to nothing left at the end of a week, should feel bad for wanting to have a bit extra in their pocket.
Blimey on 22:13 - Apr 24 with 2258 viewslowhouseblue

Blimey on 17:59 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

so 'let corbyn be corbyn' is also the tory strategy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Blimey on 22:21 - Apr 24 with 2240 viewslowhouseblue

Blimey on 19:55 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Wales huge Leave vote which may explain this.

52.5% v. 47.5%? a lower leave vote than england?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Blimey on 00:20 - Apr 25 with 2129 viewsBLUEGOLD

Blimey on 21:53 - Apr 24 by bazza

I don't agree with certain cuts, but the benefits system in this country is a joke, and I don't think people who get off their arses and go to work, and have next to nothing left at the end of a week, should feel bad for wanting to have a bit extra in their pocket.

You are Margaret Thatcher and I claim my £5 which I will give to charity, as you would too I'm sure.

PS I guess your charity would be the Bazza fund
Blimey on 00:48 - Apr 25 with 2120 viewsmutters

That is crazy, never though I'd see the day that both Scotland and Wales prefer a tory government than a labour one.

Labour really are in the mire, Corby is not helping. They need a new direction else they run the risk of becoming irrelevant.

The test of what type of Man JC is will be post the election. Should they get trounced and he refuses to stand down then it really shows what hes about. I can easily see both those scenarios happening

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Blimey on 01:00 - Apr 25 with 2113 viewsRyorry

Blimey on 00:48 - Apr 25 by mutters

That is crazy, never though I'd see the day that both Scotland and Wales prefer a tory government than a labour one.

Labour really are in the mire, Corby is not helping. They need a new direction else they run the risk of becoming irrelevant.

The test of what type of Man JC is will be post the election. Should they get trounced and he refuses to stand down then it really shows what hes about. I can easily see both those scenarios happening

If they get trounced he would surely have to step down? Anything else would be a kick in the teeth to the notion that he's a principled man.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024