Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berra staying - big surprise 13:29 - Apr 27 with 2737 viewsBLUEBEAT

but he has a daughter in Edinburgh (blub!)
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 13:29]

Poll: W or W

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:30 - Apr 27 with 2728 viewsKieran_Knows

I presume it's because he has a bit of interest in him (from Hearts maybe), so were taking the option up in his deal to get a small fee for him maybe?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:31 - Apr 27 with 2704 viewsWestSussexBlue

I think it's more that we will be able to command a fee when he goes in the summer.
Berra staying - big surprise on 13:33 - Apr 27 with 2674 viewsBLUEBEAT

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:30 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

I presume it's because he has a bit of interest in him (from Hearts maybe), so were taking the option up in his deal to get a small fee for him maybe?

I assume so

Poll: W or W

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:33 - Apr 27 with 2665 viewstextbackup

Here we go, MM stays, Berra stays, Gerken number 1.... next season will be fcking horrible to be part of

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:34 - Apr 27 with 2652 viewsBluefish

Whichever way this went there will be moans about Mick.

Don't sign him and he has missed out on a transfer fee

Sign him and we should be letting him go because he is past his best

Personally I am happy with either, he has been an excellent free transfer and he will still do a job when required

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:36 - Apr 27 with 2629 viewsReuser_is_God

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:34 - Apr 27 by Bluefish

Whichever way this went there will be moans about Mick.

Don't sign him and he has missed out on a transfer fee

Sign him and we should be letting him go because he is past his best

Personally I am happy with either, he has been an excellent free transfer and he will still do a job when required

Or sign him so we get a fee for him, which I think this will be a case of.

Who was that Hearts lad we were linked with earlier in season? Maybe it'll be a straight swap deal? Something we obviously wouldn't have been able to do if Berra was a free agent.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:36 - Apr 27 with 2630 viewsLankHenners

Bit of a risk doing that though surely? If Berra doesn't get sold, then we've got someone on decent wages sitting about when we could have just offloaded him. If Berra really wanted to go back I'd have thought the club would have let him go without a fuss.

Either that or Mick still rates him enough to keep him on, although he'll have to rediscover his form of a couple of seasons ago.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:36 - Apr 27 with 2611 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:36 - Apr 27 by Reuser_is_God

Or sign him so we get a fee for him, which I think this will be a case of.

Who was that Hearts lad we were linked with earlier in season? Maybe it'll be a straight swap deal? Something we obviously wouldn't have been able to do if Berra was a free agent.

Right back, Paterson? Quite possibly, but he's still out with a long term injury I think.

If we get Spence signed up, we shouldn't need another right back.

Login to get fewer ads

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:38 - Apr 27 with 2585 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:36 - Apr 27 by LankHenners

Bit of a risk doing that though surely? If Berra doesn't get sold, then we've got someone on decent wages sitting about when we could have just offloaded him. If Berra really wanted to go back I'd have thought the club would have let him go without a fuss.

Either that or Mick still rates him enough to keep him on, although he'll have to rediscover his form of a couple of seasons ago.

As I say, it's just a guess that the club know there is a bit of interest in him, maybe from 3-4 clubs (for example) and that they could then command a small fee for him.

I get what you're saying though. I don't think Mick would ask Taylor to come back for pre-season if he didn't think at least one of Chambers or Berra would be leaving, IMO.

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:39 - Apr 27 with 2566 viewsReuser_is_God

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:36 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

Right back, Paterson? Quite possibly, but he's still out with a long term injury I think.

Yeah, that's him.

Evans out

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:40 - Apr 27 with 2552 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:39 - Apr 27 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, that's him.

I say that about Spence, but just read Watson's tweet that no talks have started with any loan players about permanent moves, and neither have we opened talks with Spence about a longer stay.

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:42 - Apr 27 with 2500 viewsSomethingBlue

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:40 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

I say that about Spence, but just read Watson's tweet that no talks have started with any loan players about permanent moves, and neither have we opened talks with Spence about a longer stay.

Spence has done well but I think we can and probably should improve on him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:43 - Apr 27 with 2487 viewsLankHenners

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:38 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

As I say, it's just a guess that the club know there is a bit of interest in him, maybe from 3-4 clubs (for example) and that they could then command a small fee for him.

I get what you're saying though. I don't think Mick would ask Taylor to come back for pre-season if he didn't think at least one of Chambers or Berra would be leaving, IMO.

Yeah, from that respect it is sensible to try and get some money for him, and I guess Mick might see it as a win/win: if he goes we get some cash and can let Webster/Smith grow into that role, if he stays then we've got an experienced head in the dressing room that Mick trusts to do a good job.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:43 - Apr 27 with 2466 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:42 - Apr 27 by SomethingBlue

Really? I think he's been bloody decent to be honest. Admittedly , I thought we had picked him up from the side of the road when we lost against Derby, but he's got better and better since IMO.

Him and Emmanuel would be good options to have for RB next season.

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:44 - Apr 27 with 2464 viewstheblueginger

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:36 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

It was Paterson. However I would go for Jamie Walker or Arnaud Djoum from their squad currently, as they are both good players in roles we require strengthening.
Berra staying - big surprise on 13:44 - Apr 27 with 2458 viewsReuser_is_God

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:42 - Apr 27 by SomethingBlue

Agreed.

A proven RB & then Emmanuel challenging him.

As decent as Spence has been he's at his peak age & he's not THAT good.

Evans out

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:46 - Apr 27 with 2430 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:44 - Apr 27 by theblueginger

It was Paterson. However I would go for Jamie Walker or Arnaud Djoum from their squad currently, as they are both good players in roles we require strengthening.

Jamie Walker is a good shout, scored plenty of goals for them this season too I think.

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:48 - Apr 27 with 2410 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Not that surprised now that Mick is staying till the end of his contract. Both Berra and Chambers have both been amongst the first names on the team sheet under Mick and if Mick is here for at least another season, then it stands to reason that Mick would want these players around the place still.

Does make you wonder who Mick is talking about when he says that he is going to have a shake up of the squad this summer-obviously Douglas, Best, Coke, Digby are leaving but that's hardly a shake up IMO.

Maybe he is talking about Pitman, Bru & not keeping many of the loans other than Huws & possibly Samuel.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:53 - Apr 27 with 2370 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:48 - Apr 27 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Not that surprised now that Mick is staying till the end of his contract. Both Berra and Chambers have both been amongst the first names on the team sheet under Mick and if Mick is here for at least another season, then it stands to reason that Mick would want these players around the place still.

Does make you wonder who Mick is talking about when he says that he is going to have a shake up of the squad this summer-obviously Douglas, Best, Coke, Digby are leaving but that's hardly a shake up IMO.

Maybe he is talking about Pitman, Bru & not keeping many of the loans other than Huws & possibly Samuel.

I think you're right with regards to Pitman and Bru, i'd be very surprised if they were here come the first game of next season.

We could potentially be looking at losing (IMO);
Taylor
Berra
Best
Pitman
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas
Lawrence
Diagouraga

So that's 10 players, which you could deem as a 'shake up'. As i've said countless times though, hopefully we'll be looking for quality and not quantity this summer.

Berra staying - big surprise on 14:03 - Apr 27 with 2285 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:53 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

I think you're right with regards to Pitman and Bru, i'd be very surprised if they were here come the first game of next season.

Taylor
Berra
Best
Pitman
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas
Lawrence
Diagouraga

So that's 10 players, which you could deem as a 'shake up'. As i've said countless times though, hopefully we'll be looking for quality and not quantity this summer.

Wouldn't disagree with that too much other than Berra, think he will be with us next season now, unless Mick is let go which is looking more and more unlikely by the day so I fully expect Berra to be here now that Mick has confirmed it.

Obviously Williams will be on that list of players leaving this summer.

I dont think we would miss many of them at all other than Lawrence IMO and hopefully Rowe can step up next season in his place-big ask I know but he could be a little ace in the hole.

The good thing is that we have some very promising youngsters coming through and I would like to see a few of them integrated into the first team next season, especially Benyu rather than just going out and signing more journeymen this summer.

As you say though, lets hope that we do buy quality this summer more in keeping with the likes of Webster & Ward.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Berra staying - big surprise on 15:30 - Apr 27 with 2139 viewschristiand

He's been a good signing for us, but personally I'd move him on. He seems set on a move away and his heart doesn't seem in it over the last few months. With Webster, Chambers, Smith, Knudsen possibly Taylor we have more than enough central defenders. I'd imagine he'd be one of our big earners too?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Berra staying - big surprise on 15:57 - Apr 27 with 2087 viewsRadlett_blue

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:53 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

Taylor
Berra
Best
Pitman
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas
Lawrence
Diagouraga

Exactly. How many times has someone said "recruiting well in the summer is a must", which then becomes "Town's next choice of manager is crucial"?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Berra staying - big surprise on 16:21 - Apr 27 with 2053 viewsTIB

With you on this. What's a small fee for most clubs, is a lot to us.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Berra staying - big surprise on 16:42 - Apr 27 with 2014 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Berra staying - big surprise on 13:38 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

I cannot honestly see any club being willing to spend any sort of money on Berra (or Chambers for that matter)

This talk of us "being able to command a fee" is all well and good, but it's highly unlikely to anything more than a 5 figure sum which would get lost behind the sofa in ME towers or into the open wallet of an agent. We won't be making much (if any) money out of selling one of these centre backs
Berra staying - big surprise on 16:55 - Apr 27 with 1989 viewsArnieM

Just cos Town are going to activate their years option it doesn't mean Berra will actually stay. What's thr point in keeping a player whose form has suffered because he clearly wants/ needs to return home to Scotland. But activating that option may mean we can ask a fee of some level or other.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024