Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. 22:28 - Apr 29 with 8602 viewsblueblood66

To annoy all of us who want him out. Pathetic, putting his ego before the best for this club. Evans has to act and get rid of him now, he is driving fans away in their droves now.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 20:35 - Apr 30 with 2227 viewsDolly2.0

He was addressing an audience and made a joke, surely?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 20:38 - Apr 30 with 2221 views3_5_2

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 23:10 - Apr 29 by Coco

Obviously there is a bigger issue but magic Mick with money or without plays pig ugly, mind numbing, old fashioned football.

"If you can't win, don't get beat" is the mantra.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:30 - Apr 30 with 2185 viewsRyorry

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 20:35 - Apr 30 by Dolly2.0

Quite. But he should know by now that jokes get reported in written media, and tend not to "translate" very well - in fact his own history is that they never translate well. Seems not to learn from experience, or lacks the discipline to refrain. I'd expect better from an experienced manager on either/both counts.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:34 - Apr 30 with 2177 viewsLankHenners

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 20:35 - Apr 30 by Dolly2.0

Not if you're someone with an agenda whose mission it is to take everything Mick says and twist it into a personal attack to which you must retaliate or face having to hand in your 'Look How Much I Care About The Club' badge to the relevant authorities.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:58 - Apr 30 with 2162 viewsDolly2.0

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:30 - Apr 30 by Ryorry

Quite. But he should know by now that jokes get reported in written media, and tend not to "translate" very well - in fact his own history is that they never translate well. Seems not to learn from experience, or lacks the discipline to refrain. I'd expect better from an experienced manager on either/both counts.

Yeah fair point. But how many people really get upset about this sort of thing? Also, he claims to not read social media, so maybe he's not so aware of it.

Or maybe he just isn't that bothered.

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:35 - May 1 with 2098 viewsRyorry

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 22:58 - Apr 30 by Dolly2.0

Yeah fair point. But how many people really get upset about this sort of thing? Also, he claims to not read social media, so maybe he's not so aware of it.

Or maybe he just isn't that bothered.

Maybe most supporters don't get "really upset", but I'm not aware of any other football manager who so regularly disses their club's fans, whether intending it to be a joke or not. When getting the stick that inevitably goes with the territory at some point/s, other managers manage to rise above it.

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:51 - May 1 with 2077 viewsFramfarmer

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:35 - May 1 by Ryorry

Maybe most supporters don't get "really upset", but I'm not aware of any other football manager who so regularly disses their club's fans, whether intending it to be a joke or not. When getting the stick that inevitably goes with the territory at some point/s, other managers manage to rise above it.

we've got carp manager, and the season he's delivered has our keeper as player of the season (even with a negative goal difference). Says it all.
Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 12:01 - May 1 with 2061 viewsDolly2.0

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 11:35 - May 1 by Ryorry

How much do you listen to other managers compared to Mick though?

All I know of other managers' utterances are after-match snippets on MOTD etc. I've no idea, for example, what Paul Heckingbottom said at Barnsley's end of season dinner.

Login to get fewer ads

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 12:14 - May 1 with 2052 viewsRyorry

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 12:01 - May 1 by Dolly2.0

How much do you listen to other managers compared to Mick though?

All I know of other managers' utterances are after-match snippets on MOTD etc. I've no idea, for example, what Paul Heckingbottom said at Barnsley's end of season dinner.

Quite a lot actually, going back to the 1970s, so over a long period of time (albeit in the last year less than previously). Much on radio.

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 12:32 - May 1 with 2039 viewsDolly2.0

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 12:14 - May 1 by Ryorry

Quite a lot actually, going back to the 1970s, so over a long period of time (albeit in the last year less than previously). Much on radio.

I won't labour the point too much more but have you heard ANY other Championship managers' end of season speeches at their awards dinners? That's the context of Mick's joke.

And in terms of the wider context of things spoken by managers I reiterate the point that you'll have listened (and potentially analysed) WAY more of Mick's quips than any other manager.

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 12:49 - May 1 with 2024 viewsRyorry

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 12:32 - May 1 by Dolly2.0

I won't labour the point too much more but have you heard ANY other Championship managers' end of season speeches at their awards dinners? That's the context of Mick's joke.

And in terms of the wider context of things spoken by managers I reiterate the point that you'll have listened (and potentially analysed) WAY more of Mick's quips than any other manager.

That's just one speech on top of his regular 46 annually post match comments tho.

And whilst I probably haven't heard as many of other managers' as Mick's, I do hear numerous of the others at least once a week.

But that probably is labouring the point!

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 13:06 - May 1 with 2009 viewsmutters

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 15:15 - Apr 30 by braveblue

Even Jewell had the honesty to leave when he was not wanted. To deny that he is not wanted by the vast majority is just plain crazy.

What poll / analysis did you get that from? Genuinely interested as aside from the odd poll here (which would only reflect a minority of town fans), I've not seen anything similar that suggests that.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 13:08 - May 1 with 2005 viewsMullet

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 13:06 - May 1 by mutters

What poll / analysis did you get that from? Genuinely interested as aside from the odd poll here (which would only reflect a minority of town fans), I've not seen anything similar that suggests that.

Well there's also what actually happened and Jewell hanging on for weeks if not months (about 18 or so) too long.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 13:21 - May 1 with 1989 viewsRyorry

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 13:06 - May 1 by mutters

http://www.twtd.co.uk/members/!/polls/2661/should-mick-mccarthy-be-town-manager-

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 17:18 - May 1 with 1932 viewsmutters

Micks says he is staying then tonight.. on 13:21 - May 1 by Ryorry

http://www.twtd.co.uk/members/!/polls/2661/should-mick-mccarthy-be-town-manager-

Thanks for this.

Interesting numbers, though this does only cover just over 650 fans. So approximately 4
5/6% of the ST holders, which i'd argue is not a fair indicator of what the 'majroity' of the fans want.

There is a lot of heat on here against MM (some of it fully deserved, some if not so much imo) but does not reflect the whole fanbase.

I wonder if EADT has ever done a poll? I couldnt fine one.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024