Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Office Etiquette 09:50 - May 19 with 8974 viewsJimmyJazz

Office workers who consistently arrive and proceed to start eating cereal. Why don't you do that at home like anyone else? No problem with someone who's bought a breakfast bap on the way in

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Office Etiquette on 10:58 - May 19 with 2893 viewsSWGF

Office Etiquette on 10:44 - May 19 by Steve_M

It's going to be harder to concentrate on that message board time when there is cricket on though.

Limit myself to TMS in the office and SkyGo on the Mac for any highlights where required...

I also find the 4G signal at the County Ground helps!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Office Etiquette on 11:03 - May 19 with 2879 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Office Etiquette on 10:44 - May 19 by FenboyBlue

There's 2 40 something blokes at our place have 2 or 3 bowls of cereal throughout the morning, sometimes into the afternoon. Using up a lot of the milk meant for hot drinks. And they never go out for more milk if we run out either. It's selfish & weird. It's not like they're on minimum wage. Can't be good for the body either to have that much cereal AFTER you've done your commute.

At my old job, the finance women (absolute jobsworth) confronted me over my morning Granola to inform me that "Milk was for refreshments only"

I reminded her that she drinks copious amounts of coffee and tea each day, and that I've never had a hot drink.. And to be a bitter & petty individual I ate my cereal out of a mug the next day.
What irked me most was on that occasion it was my own milk, plus I'd been speaking to her the day before about my daily 15 miles cycle to get to work. If I'd done that on a full stomach my lycras would have been tested for their 'nappy like' capabilities
Office Etiquette on 11:03 - May 19 with 2880 viewsJimmyJazz

Office Etiquette on 10:44 - May 19 by TractorWood

I eat my breakfast at work to beat the Cambridge traffic, as do most people.

So it sounds like you get into the office early? No problem with that - ie getting in early and eating breakfast. It is kind of an irrational bugbear I must admit

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Office Etiquette on 11:26 - May 19 with 2845 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed, animals.

I don't understand anyone who has cereal or soup etc. It's too wet for desk consumption. Bring a sandwich. I repeat, animals.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Office Etiquette on 12:16 - May 19 with 2801 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

Office Etiquette on 10:29 - May 19 by hoppy

Why? Have you forgotten how good they taste?

I manage to get up, go for a run, shower, eat breakfast and drop my kid off at the child minders - some of these people roll out of bed, drive to work and then spend ages eating or preening themselves at the desk!
Office Etiquette on 12:17 - May 19 with 2800 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

Office Etiquette on 11:03 - May 19 by JimmyJazz

So it sounds like you get into the office early? No problem with that - ie getting in early and eating breakfast. It is kind of an irrational bugbear I must admit

If you're in he office early then fine - but don't roll up at 9 and spend an hour eating your bloody breakfast!
Office Etiquette on 12:35 - May 19 with 2768 viewsDolly2.0

Office Etiquette on 12:17 - May 19 by NORFOLK_BLUE

If you're in he office early then fine - but don't roll up at 9 and spend an hour eating your bloody breakfast!

I'll wager no-one spends an hour eating their breakfast at your work.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Office Etiquette on 12:37 - May 19 with 2763 viewsDolly2.0

Office Etiquette on 11:26 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Agreed, animals.

I don't understand anyone who has cereal or soup etc. It's too wet for desk consumption. Bring a sandwich. I repeat, animals.

What do you even mean "too wet for desk consumption"? I often have soup at my desk without any problems whatsoever.

Login to get fewer ads

Office Etiquette on 12:38 - May 19 with 2751 viewshoppy

Office Etiquette on 09:56 - May 19 by hoppy

Thank you. You've just reminded me - I haven't had anything yet, after getting Yasmin to school and into the office, I'd forgotten.

Off to make some scrambled egg and bacon on toast now.

Typical... work got in the way, so only just having this now.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Office Etiquette on 12:41 - May 19 with 2747 viewsPlums

We have a bloke who microwaves a poached egg on some days, cereal the others. In a way, I kind of admire what feels like 'cheek' to me. You wouldn't do it on a building site.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Office Etiquette on 12:43 - May 19 with 2736 viewsLankHenners

Office Etiquette on 12:41 - May 19 by Plums

We have a bloke who microwaves a poached egg on some days, cereal the others. In a way, I kind of admire what feels like 'cheek' to me. You wouldn't do it on a building site.

Why does he microwave cereal?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Office Etiquette on 12:45 - May 19 with 2730 viewshoppy

But I've seen workers on a building site stop to have bacon sarnies/baps, so a different context but same idea, isn't it?

Office Etiquette on 12:45 - May 19 with 2727 viewshoppy

Office Etiquette on 12:43 - May 19 by LankHenners

Presumably to warm the milk?

Office Etiquette on 12:54 - May 19 with 2712 viewsPlums

Office Etiquette on 12:43 - May 19 by LankHenners

Because in my hurry to have lunch and contribute to TWTD before getting back to the coalface, I failed to construct the sentence properly!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Office Etiquette on 12:55 - May 19 with 2708 viewsPlums

Office Etiquette on 12:45 - May 19 by hoppy

But I've seen workers on a building site stop to have bacon sarnies/baps, so a different context but same idea, isn't it?

In my experience, they usually get some work done first!

Office Etiquette on 13:08 - May 19 with 2679 viewsDolly2.0

Cheek? Why?

I doubt there's a microwave on a building site.

You people have some strange issues.

Office Etiquette on 13:09 - May 19 with 2670 viewsSuperfrans

Office Etiquette on 10:06 - May 19 by Sarge

You should do as many traditionally home based tasks at work as you can get away with. That way you get to work earlier, crucially you can leave earlier and then you waste less of your life in a soulless box surrounded by suits, printers and thoughts of suicide.

Alternatively, find a job you actually enjoy.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Office Etiquette on 13:11 - May 19 with 2660 viewsPlums

Office Etiquette on 13:08 - May 19 by Dolly2.0

Cheek? Why?

I doubt there's a microwave on a building site.

You people have some strange issues.

Because he arrives at a similar time to most, takes a full lunchbreak and leaves bang on time. Perhaps I'm just old fashioned in thinking that making and a consuming your breakfast isn't something you should be paid for.

Office Etiquette on 13:12 - May 19 with 2656 viewsitfcjoe

Office Etiquette on 12:55 - May 19 by Plums

In my experience, they usually get some work done first!

The worst for me was, and it's generally girls, who get in and then make a cup of tea/coffee and sit there holding it with both hands trying to warm up when it's now about 9.30. It's a cup of tea, not a hand heating device

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Office Etiquette on 13:18 - May 19 with 2628 viewsMJallday

Office Etiquette on 10:58 - May 19 by SWGF

Limit myself to TMS in the office and SkyGo on the Mac for any highlights where required...

I also find the 4G signal at the County Ground helps!

my techy guys stopped being sneaky about hiding footy and cricket windows behind their email - and resorted to putting the live feed up on the big screen montiors meant for looking at our datacentres.

they tell me "it makes a buzz when theres a problem anyway" - so they assure me nothing will get missed

i turn a blind eye - a happy worker is a productive worker

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Office Etiquette on 13:19 - May 19 with 2625 viewsSuperfrans

Office Etiquette on 13:12 - May 19 by itfcjoe

The worst for me was, and it's generally girls, who get in and then make a cup of tea/coffee and sit there holding it with both hands trying to warm up when it's now about 9.30. It's a cup of tea, not a hand heating device

This made me laugh...

All of this depend on where you work. There are certain companies *cough* Spotify *cough* Google *cough* who supply free breakfast, lunch and dinner for all of their employees.

I assume the aim is to make staff feel loved and encourage them to feel they can get in earlier and go home later, but it doesn't always work that way. I've seen staffers there walking to their desks with a big bowl of Frosties after getting into the office at 10.15am. Which is taking the proverbial...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Office Etiquette on 13:20 - May 19 with 2619 viewsitfcjoe

Office Etiquette on 13:18 - May 19 by MJallday

my techy guys stopped being sneaky about hiding footy and cricket windows behind their email - and resorted to putting the live feed up on the big screen montiors meant for looking at our datacentres.

they tell me "it makes a buzz when theres a problem anyway" - so they assure me nothing will get missed

i turn a blind eye - a happy worker is a productive worker

During the 05 Ashes we had unlimited internet access, at the end of a couple of weeks someone complained that some were on the internet too much - because we had the little Live Score window up all day - IT looked into it and out of the 12 blokes in our department, 11 of us had been on the internet for more than our contracted hours for that period.

We just took it in turns after that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Office Etiquette on 13:24 - May 19 with 2611 viewsMJallday

Office Etiquette on 13:19 - May 19 by Superfrans

This made me laugh...

All of this depend on where you work. There are certain companies *cough* Spotify *cough* Google *cough* who supply free breakfast, lunch and dinner for all of their employees.

I assume the aim is to make staff feel loved and encourage them to feel they can get in earlier and go home later, but it doesn't always work that way. I've seen staffers there walking to their desks with a big bowl of Frosties after getting into the office at 10.15am. Which is taking the proverbial...

so we have an ecelectic mix

one individual eats at least 9 times a day. ranging from cerials, toasts, to full blown meals. hes a bit of a fitness freak

another just scoffs popcorn all day - yes we have a popcorn maker at work.
others have gone full hog and bought in a george forman

lunchtimes youll find us down the pub

personally i hate eating brekkie at work - i gnerally dont eat brekkies anyway unless im on holiday or its a grilled one ive done perhaps at the weekend
i tend to either skip lunch too, but if im bored ill go to the pub, or to subway.
i think its more to do with the fact i commute 3 hours a day than anything else. after driving 1.5 hours last thing i wanna do is eat - a brew is fine.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Office Etiquette on 13:25 - May 19 with 2606 viewsSarge

Office Etiquette on 13:09 - May 19 by Superfrans

Alternatively, find a job you actually enjoy.

I wasn't speaking from current experience.

I don't work in an office! Or anywhere else for that matter!
Office Etiquette on 13:27 - May 19 with 2607 viewsartsbossbeard

Office Etiquette on 13:19 - May 19 by Superfrans

This made me laugh...

On the subject of encouragement and making the staff feel loved on my last Christmas bash,which was in fairness a decent affair as were a big organisation, it was apparent that the high level managers had been been instructed to mingle with the proles, show a bit of interest and go table to table for a chat.

Cue the most uncomfortable hour of both theirs and our evenings.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024