Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links 21:28 - May 19 with 36749 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing to see here.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/19/exclusive-mi5-opened-file-jeremy-corb

[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:43]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:40 - May 21 with 3605 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:32 - May 21 by brazil1982

...of which Corbyn played no part whatsoever.

As he wasn't part of the government I'll take that as read.

But he certainly pushed for the approach that eventually won out.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:57 - May 21 with 3582 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 20:33 - May 21 by Darth_Koont

So he wasn't protesting anyone's innocence then? So we agree on that.

If Sinn Fein were protesting that it was a "show trial" then perhaps they had a point ... not sure if you were aware or even alive back in the mid-80s but "The Troubles" was a propaganda war as much as anything else. A trial at the Old Bailey seems to be a bit odd and in line with the approach then not just to refuse to see the IRA as combatants but rather to emphasize at every step that they were criminals. That's where the Old Bailey, the Central Criminal Court, would come in.

Luckily, since then the Good Friday agreement has recognised and reconciled with the view that the paramilitary groups were combatants and thus they were released.

"If Sinn Fein were protesting that it was a "show trial" then perhaps they had a point"

what utter b*llocks.

what bit of he murdered 5 people and was planning to murder more do you not understand? he's admitted it. he's even apologised.

murdering people is a criminal act - all the rest of your excuses are weasel words. the brighton bomber was an evil murderer.

we're really bringing out the sort of thinking that makes corbyn utterly unelectable.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:58 - May 21 with 3578 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:40 - May 21 by Darth_Koont

As he wasn't part of the government I'll take that as read.

But he certainly pushed for the approach that eventually won out.

no he supported the ira.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:07 - May 21 with 3561 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:57 - May 21 by lowhouseblue

"If Sinn Fein were protesting that it was a "show trial" then perhaps they had a point"

what utter b*llocks.

what bit of he murdered 5 people and was planning to murder more do you not understand? he's admitted it. he's even apologised.

murdering people is a criminal act - all the rest of your excuses are weasel words. the brighton bomber was an evil murderer.

we're really bringing out the sort of thinking that makes corbyn utterly unelectable.

You're getting really, really boring now. And coming across as slightly unhinged.

I'm out.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:08 - May 21 with 3557 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:07 - May 21 by Darth_Koont

You're getting really, really boring now. And coming across as slightly unhinged.

I'm out.

which bit did you disagree with?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:09 - May 21 with 3552 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 20:15 - May 21 by lowhouseblue

british history is what it is and i wouldn't claim it is all good. but i would never use that to justify the ira's campaign of murdering british citizens as they sat in pubs, travelled on trains or shopped.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 20:17]

An apology wouldn't go amiss every now and again when you get things wrong ! It can happen to the best of us and as you have moved on to other issues I presume you accept that you misrepresented my view.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:10 - May 21 with 3548 viewsDarth_Koont

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:08 - May 21 by lowhouseblue

which bit did you disagree with?

All the bits that we've already been over.

Now, I'm definitely out. Night.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:26 - May 21 with 3521 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:57 - May 21 by lowhouseblue

what utter b*llocks.

"we're really bringing out the sort of thinking that makes corbyn utterly unelectable."
You seem to have assumed a self proclaimed God like status of knowing people's thought processes which I have clearly illustrated as inaccurate. How very dare you proclaim that I approve of the IRA murdering people. All that has been revealed is your propensity to jump to faulty assumptions !
Maybe it's just that you don't like the 'sort of thinking' that is critical of the grey status quo. "I want Tony Blair back ".......you're going to vote for May aren't you (maybe cop out to Liberals, same difference)

Ps. would that be the royal "we" ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:14 - May 21 with 3469 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:09 - May 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Lol.

And you say I take this place too serious

Lol? Do you know people who witnessed dead bodies being carried out of a hotel bombed by the scum that Corbyn has praised and honoured! Because I do and it isn't a laughing matter.

So I make no apologies for taking this subject seriously.

I read this today. Perhaps you should read it and tell me if you lol at the end of it?

Next time your in town have a look around, did you notice the boots chemist, the Argos, the McDonald's, perhaps the 3 year old child, excited, clutching his happy meal, not sure what toy was inside the bag. In the other hand he holds a mothers day card.

Did you notice anyone placing two parcels inside the bins 100 yards apart.

You may not recall but the scene I describe was Warrington, England 26th Feb 1993. Both parcels were explosive devices and were strategically placed by the IRA so that after the First exploded woman and children would run towards the second bomb.

The first bomb killed 3 year old Jonathan Ball. The blast wave and shrapnel ripped his tiny body to pieces. Both devices had been placed in cast iron bins to maximise the damage, moving away from the seat of the explosion the shrapnel ripped of chunks of flesh, muscle and limbs.

For the past 40 years Jeremy Corbyn has actively supported the IRA. Demonstrating at rallies in favour of these vile cowardice killers.

Jeremy Corbyn, as secretary of the editorial board of hard left magazine Labour Briefing, published a front page article praising the Brighton bombing. The same edition of the magazine, for December 1984, carried a reader’s letter praising the “audacity” of the IRA attack and stating: “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.”

Jeremy Corbyn also demonstrated outside the Royal Courts of Justice in support of the Brighton bomber.

Jeremy Corbyn has been asked repeatedly to condemn the actions of the IRA, he has refused on every occasion.

Lol away Rommers. It's very funny isn't it?
[Post edited 21 May 2017 23:15]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:17 - May 21 with 3478 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:14 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

Lol? Do you know people who witnessed dead bodies being carried out of a hotel bombed by the scum that Corbyn has praised and honoured! Because I do and it isn't a laughing matter.

I read this today. Perhaps you should read it and tell me if you lol at the end of it?

Next time your in town have a look around, did you notice the boots chemist, the Argos, the McDonald's, perhaps the 3 year old child, excited, clutching his happy meal, not sure what toy was inside the bag. In the other hand he holds a mothers day card.

You may not recall but the scene I describe was Warrington, England 26th Feb 1993. Both parcels were explosive devices and were strategically placed by the IRA so that after the First exploded woman and children would run towards the second bomb.

The first bomb killed 3 year old Jonathan Ball. The blast wave and shrapnel ripped his tiny body to pieces. Both devices had been placed in cast iron bins to maximise the damage, moving away from the seat of the explosion the shrapnel ripped of chunks of flesh, muscle and limbs.

For the past 40 years Jeremy Corbyn has actively supported the IRA. Demonstrating at rallies in favour of these vile cowardice killers.

Jeremy Corbyn, as secretary of the editorial board of hard left magazine Labour Briefing, published a front page article praising the Brighton bombing. The same edition of the magazine, for December 1984, carried a reader’s letter praising the “audacity” of the IRA attack and stating: “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.”

Jeremy Corbyn also demonstrated outside the Royal Courts of Justice in support of the Brighton bomber.

Jeremy Corbyn has been asked repeatedly to condemn the actions of the IRA, he has refused on every occasion.

Glasgow caught fibbing again? "I condemn all the bombing by both the Loyalists and the IRA" Corbyn
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:21 - May 21 with 3463 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:07 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

I completely agree and I said this last week.

The Tories are looking for a three figure majority. At the same time they want Corbyn to do at least as well as Miliband so that he doesn't have to resign and we have him as Labour leader for another five years or however long it will take to damage the Labour party.

He has been hovering around the 28-31% mark for a few weeks but he's just launched a popularist manifesto and I would imagine internal polling is showing him around the 32-34% mark which would reduce the Tories majority to about 70.

Hence the reason for this story. A timely reminder to working class Labour voters that he spent his early political career supporting the IRA.

here
GlasgowBlue on 22:07 - May 19

"He has been hovering around the 28-31% mark for a few weeks but he's just launched a popularist manifesto and I would imagine internal polling is showing him around the 32-34% mark which would reduce the Tories majority to about 70."
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 06:42 - May 22 with 3417 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:17 - May 21 by Gromheort

Glasgow caught fibbing again? "I condemn all the bombing by both the Loyalists and the IRA" Corbyn

if all bombing is wrong why did he support the ira? do you not see the inconsistency there?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 06:52 - May 22 with 3414 viewsTLA

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 06:42 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

if all bombing is wrong why did he support the ira? do you not see the inconsistency there?

Wasn't Corbyn also at the forefront of demonstrations against Apartheid in the early eighties, and in support of the freedom of that 'terrorist' - what was his name? I know they named a tower block in Peckham after him in Only Fools and Horses but I can't think what he was called. Anyway, Corbyn doesn't seem to get grief for supporting that cause, even though many at the time saw it as terrorist sympathising.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 07:09 - May 22 with 3406 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 06:52 - May 22 by TLA

Wasn't Corbyn also at the forefront of demonstrations against Apartheid in the early eighties, and in support of the freedom of that 'terrorist' - what was his name? I know they named a tower block in Peckham after him in Only Fools and Horses but I can't think what he was called. Anyway, Corbyn doesn't seem to get grief for supporting that cause, even though many at the time saw it as terrorist sympathising.

you're saying that the anti-apartheid movement supported terrorism? you need to do some reading.

you are confusing a political objective with the method used. the anti-apartheid movement sought change through economic sanctions and boycotts - not murder. the sdlp sought to represent the northern irish nationalist community through the political process - not murder. the ira sought to gain those objectives through murder and terrorism. it's a significant difference don't you agree?

i'm glad corbyn supported the ant-apartheid movement.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 07:14 - May 22 with 3399 viewsTLA

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 07:09 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

you're saying that the anti-apartheid movement supported terrorism? you need to do some reading.

you are confusing a political objective with the method used. the anti-apartheid movement sought change through economic sanctions and boycotts - not murder. the sdlp sought to represent the northern irish nationalist community through the political process - not murder. the ira sought to gain those objectives through murder and terrorism. it's a significant difference don't you agree?

I continue to learn from you - thanks. I have often said that I'm not as informed as many posters on here so I will go away and do some reading. I mean that genuinely, rather than being passive-aggressive.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 7:20]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 09:03 - May 22 with 3368 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 06:42 - May 22 by lowhouseblue

He didn't support the IRA, as neatly demonstrated by his statement
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 09:06 - May 22 with 3363 viewsGromheort

Thatcher certainly did see the ANC as terrorists:

"A considerable number of the ANC leaders are Communists… When the ANC says that they will target British companies, this shows what a typical terrorist organisation it is. I fought terrorism all my life… I will have nothing to do with any organisation that practises violence. I have never seen anyone from ANC or the PLO or the IRA and would not do so"

Corbyn appreciated the importance of anti-apartheid action. He was of course proven correct
[Post edited 22 May 2017 9:06]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 09:27 - May 22 with 3339 viewsTLA

I quite like the ant-apartheid movement - in my garden there are very few red ants but they dominate the black ones. I really like ants - they have an incredible community spirit, like leaving a pheromone trail to good food sources for their buddies and not ditching the old ants.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 09:27 - May 22 with 3339 viewstoforoge

The anti-apartheid movement in South Africa , Swaziland and Mozambique did not just support terrorism but many were terrorists. I think you need to do more reading. Even in " a walk to freedom" Nelson Mandela mentions acts of terrorism and his involvement in them.
In time outside countries sought change through economic sanctions and boycotts but this was along side the terrorism maintained in South Africa.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 9:35]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 10:06 - May 22 with 3315 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 09:27 - May 22 by toforoge

The anti-apartheid movement in South Africa , Swaziland and Mozambique did not just support terrorism but many were terrorists. I think you need to do more reading. Even in " a walk to freedom" Nelson Mandela mentions acts of terrorism and his involvement in them.
In time outside countries sought change through economic sanctions and boycotts but this was along side the terrorism maintained in South Africa.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 9:35]

you're muddling up your terms. the anti-apartheid movement was founded in london in 1959. that's what corbyn had a role in. in south africa you are thinking about the anc and its offshoots. they are separate organisations with separate histories.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:12 - May 22 with 3276 viewsmonytowbray

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:14 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

http://evolvepolitics.com/realise-current-conservative-politician-literally-memb

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:31 - May 22 with 3247 viewsnoggin

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:12 - May 22 by monytowbray

http://evolvepolitics.com/realise-current-conservative-politician-literally-memb

Why are tory supporters ignoring the fact that he did condemn their actions yesterday?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:57 - May 22 with 3216 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:12 - May 22 by monytowbray

I could use the Corbyn defence and say that she was only a member of the IRA in order to bring about peace in Northern Ireland.

I could use the Callis defence and say that if you listen to the other side of the fence we should be more understanding of why she joined the IRA .

But I'll be consistent and say that anyone who has either supported or taken part in a terrorist organisation that murdered innocent British citizens has no place in a political party that want's to govern the United Kingdom. She should be kicked out immediately.

And in the interests of fairness this woman is a Town councillor. She isn't standing for election to be our next Prime Minister.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:11 - May 22 with 3190 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:31 - May 22 by noggin

Why are tory supporters ignoring the fact that he did condemn their actions yesterday?

Depends on who is doing it I suppose. lowhouse seems to be reliant on the Daily Star, so he's just a victim of skewed information. Glasgow deliberately pretended Corbyn didn't condemn them, so that's not jolly at all!
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:16 - May 22 with 3174 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:31 - May 22 by noggin

He refused to unequivocally condemn the IRA five times.

Just the same as his "condemnation" of anti semtism, he can't do it unequivocally. So it's anti semitism, like Isalmphobia is bad.

Is Corbyn able to give a straight yes or no to the following question:

“1. Should the IRA’s acts of murder be condemned unequivocally? “
2. Were the IRA terrorists? “
3. Mr [John] McDonnell [Shadow Chancellor] said last week that ‘no cause is worth an innocent life’. Do he and Mr Corbyn include within their definition of innocent life members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary and members of the Armed Forces, for example the 18 soldiers murdered at Warrenpoint in 1979? “
4. Do Mr Corbyn and Mr McDonnell regard members of the Armed Forces and the IRA as ‘equivalent’ participants during the Troubles? “
5. If they are unable unequivocally to condemn IRA terrorism, do they actually believe that the IRA campaign, or as they would put it ‘armed struggle’, was both justified and legitimate?”

[Post edited 22 May 2017 12:25]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024