Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links 21:28 - May 19 with 36745 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing to see here.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/19/exclusive-mi5-opened-file-jeremy-corb

[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:43]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:41 - May 22 with 1847 viewsvapour_trail

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:16 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

He refused to unequivocally condemn the IRA five times.

Just the same as his "condemnation" of anti semtism, he can't do it unequivocally. So it's anti semitism, like Isalmphobia is bad.

Is Corbyn able to give a straight yes or no to the following question:

“1. Should the IRA’s acts of murder be condemned unequivocally? “
2. Were the IRA terrorists? “
3. Mr [John] McDonnell [Shadow Chancellor] said last week that ‘no cause is worth an innocent life’. Do he and Mr Corbyn include within their definition of innocent life members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary and members of the Armed Forces, for example the 18 soldiers murdered at Warrenpoint in 1979? “
4. Do Mr Corbyn and Mr McDonnell regard members of the Armed Forces and the IRA as ‘equivalent’ participants during the Troubles? “
5. If they are unable unequivocally to condemn IRA terrorism, do they actually believe that the IRA campaign, or as they would put it ‘armed struggle’, was both justified and legitimate?”

[Post edited 22 May 2017 12:25]

Interesting that this is now the only focus by the press attack dogs in the mail and telegraph.

Says a huge amount about the relative campaigns.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:46 - May 22 with 1840 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:41 - May 22 by vapour_trail

Interesting that this is now the only focus by the press attack dogs in the mail and telegraph.

Trying to twist “I condemn all the bombings by both the Loyalists and the IRA" really shows the level of contempt that they have for folk
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:56 - May 22 with 1803 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:41 - May 22 by vapour_trail

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/406114/3621453/mi5-opened-a-file-on-corbyn-over-ira-

I would however add that the Telegraph isn’t slandering Corbyn; he really did support the IRA. There is no need to smear a man who volunteers his own prosecution.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:59 - May 22 with 1798 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:56 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/406114/3621453/mi5-opened-a-file-on-corbyn-over-ira-

I would however add that the Telegraph isn’t slandering Corbyn; he really did support the IRA. There is no need to smear a man who volunteers his own prosecution.

Corbyn did not support the IRA. You have to try NORAID for that. He does support a referendum on a united Ireland, assuming the Assembly are in favour of course. Democracy for you
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 13:00 - May 22 with 1793 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:16 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

He refused to unequivocally condemn the IRA five times.

Just the same as his "condemnation" of anti semtism, he can't do it unequivocally. So it's anti semitism, like Isalmphobia is bad.

Is Corbyn able to give a straight yes or no to the following question:

“1. Should the IRA’s acts of murder be condemned unequivocally? “
2. Were the IRA terrorists? “
3. Mr [John] McDonnell [Shadow Chancellor] said last week that ‘no cause is worth an innocent life’. Do he and Mr Corbyn include within their definition of innocent life members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary and members of the Armed Forces, for example the 18 soldiers murdered at Warrenpoint in 1979? “
4. Do Mr Corbyn and Mr McDonnell regard members of the Armed Forces and the IRA as ‘equivalent’ participants during the Troubles? “
5. If they are unable unequivocally to condemn IRA terrorism, do they actually believe that the IRA campaign, or as they would put it ‘armed struggle’, was both justified and legitimate?”

[Post edited 22 May 2017 12:25]

“I condemn all the bombings by both the Loyalists and the IRA.”

Seems pretty unequivocal to me.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-ira-bombing-condemn-

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 13:01 - May 22 with 1781 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 13:00 - May 22 by Dolly2.0

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-ira-bombing-condemn-

Unequivocal would be "I condemn the bombings of the IRA"

He wasn't asked about the loyalists.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 13:02 - May 22 with 1780 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 13:01 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

So Glasgow's argument is "he's wrong because he is against all terrorism". Might struggle on logic....
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:08 - May 22 with 1718 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:14 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

Lol? Do you know people who witnessed dead bodies being carried out of a hotel bombed by the scum that Corbyn has praised and honoured! Because I do and it isn't a laughing matter.

So I make no apologies for taking this subject seriously.

I read this today. Perhaps you should read it and tell me if you lol at the end of it?

Next time your in town have a look around, did you notice the boots chemist, the Argos, the McDonald's, perhaps the 3 year old child, excited, clutching his happy meal, not sure what toy was inside the bag. In the other hand he holds a mothers day card.

Did you notice anyone placing two parcels inside the bins 100 yards apart.

You may not recall but the scene I describe was Warrington, England 26th Feb 1993. Both parcels were explosive devices and were strategically placed by the IRA so that after the First exploded woman and children would run towards the second bomb.

The first bomb killed 3 year old Jonathan Ball. The blast wave and shrapnel ripped his tiny body to pieces. Both devices had been placed in cast iron bins to maximise the damage, moving away from the seat of the explosion the shrapnel ripped of chunks of flesh, muscle and limbs.

For the past 40 years Jeremy Corbyn has actively supported the IRA. Demonstrating at rallies in favour of these vile cowardice killers.

Jeremy Corbyn, as secretary of the editorial board of hard left magazine Labour Briefing, published a front page article praising the Brighton bombing. The same edition of the magazine, for December 1984, carried a reader’s letter praising the “audacity” of the IRA attack and stating: “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.”

Jeremy Corbyn also demonstrated outside the Royal Courts of Justice in support of the Brighton bomber.

Jeremy Corbyn has been asked repeatedly to condemn the actions of the IRA, he has refused on every occasion.

Lol away Rommers. It's very funny isn't it?
[Post edited 21 May 2017 23:15]

You know full well that's not what I'm finding funny in this thread

It's your hypocrisy that's well worth a chuckle

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:08 - May 22 with 1717 viewsNo9

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 13:01 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

The entire history of the partition of he Island of Eire is considerably more complex that you are addressing when making your heavily loaded political point.

Mr Corbyn said when asked by LBC that he condemned all bombings. Isn't that what one would expect from a pacifist?

But you are being very partisan when you consider Mr Corbyn cannot change over the years whereas those you would support can & have?

But as John Major or even someone else in the tory party commenced negotiations with the IRA would you also consider them, in the context of Irish history to be any better / difffernt from Mr Coryn?
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:12 - May 22 with 1700 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:08 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

You know full well that's not what I'm finding funny in this thread

It's your hypocrisy that's well worth a chuckle

No. You definitely posted lol and said I was taking this too seriously.

[Post edited 23 May 2017 7:46]

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:21 - May 22 with 1684 viewsmonytowbray

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:57 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

I could use the Corbyn defence and say that she was only a member of the IRA in order to bring about peace in Northern Ireland.

I could use the Callis defence and say that if you listen to the other side of the fence we should be more understanding of why she joined the IRA .

But I'll be consistent and say that anyone who has either supported or taken part in a terrorist organisation that murdered innocent British citizens has no place in a political party that want's to govern the United Kingdom. She should be kicked out immediately.

And in the interests of fairness this woman is a Town councillor. She isn't standing for election to be our next Prime Minister.

Core difference being Corbyn never said...

"I agreed with the shooting of British soldiers and believed the more who were killed the better."

"I remember occasions where we heard late at night that a British soldier had been shot and seriously wounded in Belfast or Derry and we would hope by the morning he would be dead.
I accepted the bombing of Belfast and when civilians were accidentally blown to pieces dismissed this as one of the unfortunate effects of urban guerrilla warfare."

She later realised she was wrong.

Corbyn never felt or said any of the above. Thatcher actively encouraged it however.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:22 - May 22 with 1681 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:12 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

1) Calling out other posters by name in this thread despite always moaning at everyone else who does the same thing. Such as Libby last week when he did it. Hypocrisy.

2) Referring to dolly as 'swerviage' despite not answering his question before that. Swerving it yourself. Hypocrisy.

3) Saying that you need to leave the thread or you will 'say something you regret' despite it being a reply to this from Callis:
'I enjoy the way people talk about the IRA whilst denying the reason they existed to begin with. Corbyn did more to build that bridge than Thatcher did, yet Corbyn continually branded a synpathiser for talking to them.'

So he hasn't such much wrong here (i now see it has 9 up arrows) but you've got very serious afterwards and said you'll have to leave the thread or you will regret saying something. Whatever you were thinking or fearing you would have said, is that not taking this place too serious? The exact thing you always accuse me of? Hypocrisy.

Enjoy your day. Lovely weather out.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:24 - May 22 with 1670 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:12 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

I'm laughing at your hypocrisy.

In fact now I'm laughing at how much of a fool you are being made to look by saying I'm laughing at murder.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:26 - May 22 with 1663 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:24 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm laughing at your hypocrisy.

In fact now I'm laughing at how much of a fool you are being made to look by saying I'm laughing at murder.

You lol'd because I was taking this subject seriously. The subject is support for IRA murderers.

But your comments have been noted Rommers.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:28 - May 22 with 1663 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:26 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You lol'd because I was taking this subject seriously. The subject is support for IRA murderers.

But your comments have been noted Rommers.

Don't do that.

You know I only put that in response to you suddenly threatening to leave the conversation or you'll say 'something I regret'

LOL

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:33 - May 22 with 1653 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 13:00 - May 22 by Dolly2.0

Yeah but apart from that..

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:41 - May 22 with 1638 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:28 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Don't do that.

You know I only put that in response to you suddenly threatening to leave the conversation or you'll say 'something I regret'

LOL

Yes because the comments regarding Corbyn doing for for peace in Northern Ireland than Thatcher were extremely offensive considering that the IRA out a bomb in Thatcher's hotel killing 5 people including the wife of Colchester MP John Wakeham who was known to quite a few of us involved in Conservative politics in the 1980's.

In the aftermath of the bombing, Labour London Briefing, of which Mr Corbyn was an editorial member, wrote an article praising the Brighton bombing. They also published a joke saying “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.” and mocked Norman Tebbit who was dug out of the rubble of the Grand Hotel, saying: “Try riding your bike now, Norman.”

Just weeks later Corbyn brought members of the IRA to the House of Commons which the Labour Leader at the time, Neil Kinnock condemned.

Two years later when Thatcher proposed the Anglo/Irish Agreement, seen as the forerunner of the Good Friday Agreement, Corbyn voted against because it didn't suit the agenda of the IRA. Even though moderate nationalists supported the agreement.

So yes, I found Callis' naive comments that Corbyn did more than Thatcher offensive to the extent that had I replied straight away I wouldn't have done so in a measured manner.

But you found it an lol matter.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:45 - May 22 with 1630 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:41 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Yes because the comments regarding Corbyn doing for for peace in Northern Ireland than Thatcher were extremely offensive considering that the IRA out a bomb in Thatcher's hotel killing 5 people including the wife of Colchester MP John Wakeham who was known to quite a few of us involved in Conservative politics in the 1980's.

In the aftermath of the bombing, Labour London Briefing, of which Mr Corbyn was an editorial member, wrote an article praising the Brighton bombing. They also published a joke saying “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.” and mocked Norman Tebbit who was dug out of the rubble of the Grand Hotel, saying: “Try riding your bike now, Norman.”

Just weeks later Corbyn brought members of the IRA to the House of Commons which the Labour Leader at the time, Neil Kinnock condemned.

Two years later when Thatcher proposed the Anglo/Irish Agreement, seen as the forerunner of the Good Friday Agreement, Corbyn voted against because it didn't suit the agenda of the IRA. Even though moderate nationalists supported the agreement.

So yes, I found Callis' naive comments that Corbyn did more than Thatcher offensive to the extent that had I replied straight away I wouldn't have done so in a measured manner.

But you and I both know I laughed at your reaction to someone disagreeing with you rather than the debate about the poor people killed.

You can pretend I'm laughing at the dead but we both know that's not the case. Insinuating that I am is pretty low debating from yourself.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:50 - May 22 with 1622 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:45 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

But you and I both know I laughed at your reaction to someone disagreeing with you rather than the debate about the poor people killed.

You can pretend I'm laughing at the dead but we both know that's not the case. Insinuating that I am is pretty low debating from yourself.

You lol'd at me tasking the subject "too seriously". I do take it seriously.

I've been turned out of my hotel at 3am by an IRA bomb scare. I knew people who were in Brighton.

How dare I take it seriously lol.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:52 - May 22 with 1623 viewsmonytowbray

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:41 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Sorry but this is getting tedious.

Regardless of your view of Corbyn's IRA links, a Tory as staunch as you really isn't in a position to take moral high ground on what is and isn't morally wrong or in bad taste.

Between signs saying Mandela is a terrorist, visiting South Africa during Apartheid funded by a pro-apartheid organisation, claiming black people have lower IQs and happily parading around/knighting a celebrity who was a child sex predator the Tories have associated with the wrong side of the fence too many times to watch you continually paint this evil picture of anything you don't like.

It's getting tedious and I swear the more you do it, he more you are swaying people to vote Labour because it's getting silly now.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:55 - May 22 with 1612 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:45 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

"... is pretty low debating from yourself "

or par for the course, as others would have

and if the Tories were doing well then there would not be this stuff either, as GB said they were on course for 70 majority so why not concentrate on the positives a Tory government will bring

or is it an awareness that they recognise that voters have woke up to what they really stand for and so have to try anything to deflect attention away from them ?
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:56 - May 22 with 1606 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:52 - May 22 by monytowbray

Regardless of your view of Corbyn's IRA links, a Tory as staunch as you really isn't in a position to take moral high ground on what is and isn't morally wrong or in bad taste.

Between signs saying Mandela is a terrorist, visiting South Africa during Apartheid funded by a pro-apartheid organisation, claiming black people have lower IQs and happily parading around/knighting a celebrity who was a child sex predator the Tories have associated with the wrong side of the fence too many times to watch you continually paint this evil picture of anything you don't like.

It's getting tedious and I swear the more you do it, he more you are swaying people to vote Labour because it's getting silly now.

You can bring as much whatabouttery into this as you want. In the 1970's, 80's and 90's, Jeremy Corbyn was a vocal supporter of the IRA.

And you can say it is getting tedious but each time somebody replies do you expect me to ignore it, and then get "no comment glassers" or reply?

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:56 - May 22 with 1603 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:50 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

You lol'd at me tasking the subject "too seriously". I do take it seriously.

I've been turned out of my hotel at 3am by an IRA bomb scare. I knew people who were in Brighton.

How dare I take it seriously lol.

If you aren't going to recognise (deliberately) that's not what I meant (which is obvious to everyone else on the planet), then I shall leave you to continue making a complete tit of yourself.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:57 - May 22 with 1605 viewslowhouseblue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:52 - May 22 by monytowbray

that's a spectacularly random bit of whatabouterry you've got there.

what's your take on corbyn voting against the anglo irish agreement? why did he do it and how did it help the peace process? you must have an explanation.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 15:02]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:58 - May 22 with 1596 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:56 - May 22 by The_Romford_Blue

If you aren't going to recognise (deliberately) that's not what I meant (which is obvious to everyone else on the planet), then I shall leave you to continue making a complete tit of yourself.

You lol'd at me taking it too seriously. Stop trying to spin it any other way.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024