Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry 19:22 - May 21 with 13267 viewsvapour_trail

So Sunderland agreed to kick the ball out of play in the 26th minute today, so that Chelsea could sub JT at the minute he had requested he get replaced.

Modern football eh.

They should have told Chelsea to stick it.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

John Terry on 21:28 - May 21 with 4077 viewsfeelingblue

John Terry on 20:55 - May 21 by textbackup

Brilliant defender and captain for his club. And country

He was a very good Premiership defender.
Above that, for England, he couldn't hack it at the highest level. Too slow on the turn and too easily dragged out of position.
That's why Germany targeted him, successfully, at the 2010 World Cup in the 4-1 thrashing they gave us.
John Terry on 21:30 - May 21 with 4073 viewstextbackup

John Terry on 21:28 - May 21 by feelingblue

He was a very good Premiership defender.
Above that, for England, he couldn't hack it at the highest level. Too slow on the turn and too easily dragged out of position.
That's why Germany targeted him, successfully, at the 2010 World Cup in the 4-1 thrashing they gave us.

But you ignore the fact the entire midfield also couldn't catch them on the break? They were better all over the pitch, not just vs JT

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

John Terry on 21:32 - May 21 with 4073 viewsWD19

John Terry on 21:04 - May 21 by textbackup

Fair enough

But why's he a cnt?
[Post edited 21 May 2017 21:05]

Racist
Shagged his teammates bird and ended his England career
(His brother nicked a teammates bird too, resulting in a tragic suicide)
Got drunk and joked about 9/11
Sold tours of the training ground cash in hand
Racist
Self indulgent
Full kit w@nker
Racist

The 'why' is a heady cocktail of money, fans blowing smoke up his @rse constantly and stupidity.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 7:37]
John Terry on 21:37 - May 21 with 4059 viewsfeelingblue

John Terry on 21:30 - May 21 by textbackup

But you ignore the fact the entire midfield also couldn't catch them on the break? They were better all over the pitch, not just vs JT

Agreed, they were better in most positions, which pretty much illustrates my point. Most of our best English Premiership players are not actually international standard. Power and athleticism can get you to the top in the Premiership, but you need more to be international class.

I don' think that there has been an England player who would have got into a World XI in the last 20 years, with the possible exception of Ashley Cole.
John Terry on 21:47 - May 21 with 4040 viewsvapour_trail

John Terry on 21:37 - May 21 by feelingblue

Agreed, they were better in most positions, which pretty much illustrates my point. Most of our best English Premiership players are not actually international standard. Power and athleticism can get you to the top in the Premiership, but you need more to be international class.

I don' think that there has been an England player who would have got into a World XI in the last 20 years, with the possible exception of Ashley Cole.

Beckham for a while.
Maybe Rio for a while.
And Sol.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:56 - May 21 with 4022 viewsfeelingblue

John Terry on 21:47 - May 21 by vapour_trail

Beckham for a while.
Maybe Rio for a while.
And Sol.

Rio is not a bad shout.

The other two, I just can't see at all. Beckham wasn't an automatic starter for Real when he went there aged 28, and Sol was another great example of Premier League power and athleticism, without the finesse or game reading to go with it.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 21:59]
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:19 - May 21 with 3985 viewsWD19

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:56 - May 21 by feelingblue

Rio is not a bad shout.

The other two, I just can't see at all. Beckham wasn't an automatic starter for Real when he went there aged 28, and Sol was another great example of Premier League power and athleticism, without the finesse or game reading to go with it.

Sol made the team of the tournament in 2002.....although Rio was better that year IMO.
John Terry on 22:24 - May 21 with 3968 viewsconnorscontract

John Terry on 20:59 - May 21 by textbackup

And in all honesty what does that matter to you or I? We've been so hopeless we've not even played against him have we, to get offended by him

Blimey. That's wrong on a couple of levels.

Premiership and FA Cup, to be precise.

2010/2011
ENGLISH FA CUP Su 09Jan 2011
Chelsea 7 - 0 Ipswich

2001/2002
PREMIERSHIP Mo 01Apr 2002
Ipswich 0 - 0 Chelsea
PREMIERSHIP Su 04Nov 2001
Chelsea 2 - 1 Ipswich
2000/2001
PREMIERSHIP Sa 20Jan 2001
Chelsea 4 - 1 Ipswich
PREMIERSHIP Tu 26Dec 2000
Ipswich 2 - 2 Chelsea
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:33 - May 21 with 3959 viewsconnorscontract

Rio is not a bad shout.

Beckham played 53 games in the 2003/4 Season when he went to Real aged 28.

Are you seriously arguing that he wasn't a key member of their team?

The best English right midfielder in my living memory (I started watching football in 1979). I'm happy to hear your alternative suggestions.

Beckham > Terry
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:58 - May 21 with 3930 viewsvapour_trail

Rio is not a bad shout.

Beckham was a regular at the sharp end of the world player of the year vote a few times around the turn of the century. For a while he was right up there. And I'm pretty sure he was regular at real.

I think you've done Sol a disservice there too. He was an excellent passer of the ball and had great positional sense.

John Terry on 23:21 - May 21 with 3908 viewsStNeotsBlue

Shocking stuff imo. If I was a Sunderland fan I'd be raging.
John Terry on 23:27 - May 21 with 3894 viewsCoco

John Terry on 23:21 - May 21 by StNeotsBlue

Shocking stuff imo. If I was a Sunderland fan I'd be raging.

They all should've been booked for that bloody guard of honour bollix. Bunch of pricks

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

John Terry on 10:29 - May 22 with 3790 viewsScuzzer

Nothing to see here....move along.

Established 1968

John Terry on 10:38 - May 22 with 3776 viewsFenboyBlue

Anybody'd think he'd lifted the World Cup, given this ridiculous charade.
John Terry on 10:44 - May 22 with 3768 viewsStenvict

Captain. Leader. Legend.

Poll: What will be announced first?

John Terry on 11:08 - May 22 with 3739 viewsGeoffSentence

John Terry on 20:59 - May 21 by textbackup

And in all honesty what does that matter to you or I? We've been so hopeless we've not even played against him have we, to get offended by him

Yes we have. We lost 7-0.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

John Terry on 11:09 - May 22 with 3736 viewstextbackup

John Terry on 21:32 - May 21 by WD19

Racist
Shagged his teammates bird and ended his England career
(His brother nicked a teammates bird too, resulting in a tragic suicide)
Got drunk and joked about 9/11
Sold tours of the training ground cash in hand
Racist
Self indulgent
Full kit w@nker
Racist

The 'why' is a heady cocktail of money, fans blowing smoke up his @rse constantly and stupidity.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 7:37]

Got drunk the day after 9/11 and was a bit loud in a bar, wasn't that all?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

John Terry on 11:14 - May 22 with 3723 viewsWD19

John Terry on 11:09 - May 22 by textbackup

Got drunk the day after 9/11 and was a bit loud in a bar, wasn't that all?

Fined for 'drunkenly abusing grieving Americans at a Heathrow hotel 24 hours after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon'.

At no point it anybody saying he is/was not a very good player btw.
John Terry on 13:16 - May 22 with 3656 viewsBlueNomad

John Terry on 11:14 - May 22 by WD19

Fined for 'drunkenly abusing grieving Americans at a Heathrow hotel 24 hours after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon'.

At no point it anybody saying he is/was not a very good player btw.

So he won't be signing for NY Red Bulls next then.

Can you imagine the reaction of new team mates at whatever club he goes to? That ego turning up in the dressing room!
John Terry on 13:17 - May 22 with 3656 viewschicoazul

John Terry on 20:26 - May 21 by Jimmy86

Don't think it was IT's decision, it was the club's decision and their way of honouring him. The fact Sunderland went along with it, is to be commended.

JT will always be remembered for the full kit champions league business, but he has been one of the best English defenders in the premier league for the last 15 years

And as a massive racist.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

John Terry on 13:19 - May 22 with 3654 viewschicoazul

John Terry on 21:37 - May 21 by feelingblue

Rooney.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

John Terry on 13:22 - May 22 with 3640 viewsSuperfrans

John Terry on 19:28 - May 21 by TIB

I can't understand why he'd want to come off early in his last ever game for a club he has built legendary status at!?!

Because he wouldn't have started it. He's played 9 league matches this season. Which is why pushing yourself to the front for this moment is so ludicrous.

Any normal person (I mean not a self-centred egomanic) would allow the players who won this year's title to actually take the credit. The man's an utter embarrassment.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

John Terry on 13:40 - May 22 with 3607 viewshampstead_blue

John Terry on 13:22 - May 22 by Superfrans

Because he wouldn't have started it. He's played 9 league matches this season. Which is why pushing yourself to the front for this moment is so ludicrous.

Any normal person (I mean not a self-centred egomanic) would allow the players who won this year's title to actually take the credit. The man's an utter embarrassment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39999708

The Times called is a farce and I am sure most other football writers would agree.

He is a self-inflated balloon full of self-importance and poo.

Thank-fully it exploded in Stamford Bridge on Saturday and nowhere near our beloved PR.

Hopefully the FA will charge him, Chelsea, Moyes, and whomever else had a hand in this sordid and rancid act of flatulence.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

John Terry on 13:45 - May 22 with 3601 viewsNo9

It is totally wrong that this should happen the PL should fine both team a wack and the FA should take this up with the players representatives otherwise we shall have stops for all sorts of things
John Terry on 14:00 - May 22 with 3576 viewsGogs

John Terry on 13:45 - May 22 by No9

It is totally wrong that this should happen the PL should fine both team a wack and the FA should take this up with the players representatives otherwise we shall have stops for all sorts of things

I can't see any difference between this sh!te and spot fixing in other sports where players get hefty fines/bans and even imprisonment. It might not have been arranged for financial gain, but plenty of people clearly have made money out of it. I hate modern football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024