Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! 15:46 - May 25 with 3773 viewsmonytowbray

And here I was thinking it was because they were a bit racist.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:49 - May 25 with 2162 viewsitfcjoe

I'd ban it, it's oppressive and no woman who isn't brainwashed dreams of growing up to walk round wearing one for their whole adult life.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:51 - May 25 with 2151 viewsmonytowbray

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:49 - May 25 by itfcjoe

I'd ban it, it's oppressive and no woman who isn't brainwashed dreams of growing up to walk round wearing one for their whole adult life.

I would too, but for many (not all) it is a smoke screen to the fact they don't like it because it's foreign and weird.

Plus, it's not really the job of white males to decide what women should and shouldn't do. Should the burka ever be banned, the movement should start with the women wearing them.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 15:53]

TWTD never forgets…

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:52 - May 25 with 2143 viewsLuk38644

Why is opposing an oppressive piece of clothing on security grounds considered 'racist'?
Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:53 - May 25 with 2131 viewsmonytowbray

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:52 - May 25 by Luk38644

Why is opposing an oppressive piece of clothing on security grounds considered 'racist'?

See my reply to Joe.

TWTD never forgets…

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:54 - May 25 with 2119 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:49 - May 25 by itfcjoe

It is oppressive although I'm not a believer of banning things.

We should be able to say it is every Muslim woman's choice but of course we know that even that "choice" has been indoctrinated into them from a very early age.

I posted this quote from a cleric earlier and it is completely applicable to this thread.

‘If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside without cover, and the cats come to eat it, whose fault is it? The cat’s or the uncovered meat’s? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.’

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:55 - May 25 with 2116 viewsLuk38644

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:53 - May 25 by monytowbray

See my reply to Joe.

Fair enough, although it's not really fair to just assume most people want it banned because they hold racist views.

As you say, would be nice to see a prominent female group oppose it rather than just political parties.
Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:59 - May 25 with 2084 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:54 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

We should be able to say it is every Muslim woman's choice but of course we know that even that "choice" has been indoctrinated into them from a very early age.

I posted this quote from a cleric earlier and it is completely applicable to this thread.

‘If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside without cover, and the cats come to eat it, whose fault is it? The cat’s or the uncovered meat’s? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.’

Blimey. How does he get away with calling us cats?

That's pretty much how I feel. Although as a bonus they do provide some easy gag opportunities, as tasteless as that may be.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:06 - May 25 with 2072 viewsm14_blue

I'd consider myself a liberal, perhaps even a libtard to some on here, but there's something about the burka that makes me deeply uncomfortable. I'm not proud of that and I'm not even sure I can articulate why.

I agree that it's not really out place to dictate what they should wear but not sure how practical or realistic it is for change to come from within, even if some desire it.
Login to get fewer ads

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:11 - May 25 with 2052 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:06 - May 25 by m14_blue

I'd consider myself a liberal, perhaps even a libtard to some on here, but there's something about the burka that makes me deeply uncomfortable. I'm not proud of that and I'm not even sure I can articulate why.

I agree that it's not really out place to dictate what they should wear but not sure how practical or realistic it is for change to come from within, even if some desire it.

Is it becasue you fantasise about them masturnating vigouraoulsy right in front of you, without you being able to notice?

No? Ah, just me then

They stand out and catch the eye in this country for sure, but I wouldn't say they make me feel uncomfortable. When I've been in various muslim countries for work I don't think I even notice them (I suppose that's the point).

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:13 - May 25 with 2045 viewsGeoffSentence

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:54 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

Why was the cleric comparing muslim men to animals? Doesn't that offend them?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:18 - May 25 with 2022 viewsm14_blue

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:11 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Is it becasue you fantasise about them masturnating vigouraoulsy right in front of you, without you being able to notice?

No? Ah, just me then

They stand out and catch the eye in this country for sure, but I wouldn't say they make me feel uncomfortable. When I've been in various muslim countries for work I don't think I even notice them (I suppose that's the point).

No comment..
Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:20 - May 25 with 2016 viewsMJallday

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:06 - May 25 by m14_blue

ive not been able to take them seriously since cannonball run 2

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:32 - May 25 with 1982 viewsitfcjoe

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 15:51 - May 25 by monytowbray

I would too, but for many (not all) it is a smoke screen to the fact they don't like it because it's foreign and weird.

Plus, it's not really the job of white males to decide what women should and shouldn't do. Should the burka ever be banned, the movement should start with the women wearing them.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 15:53]

"the movement should start with the women wearing them"

I don't agree with that personally, how will this oppressed community be able to speak out about this. They can't even show their faces in public let alone go against their husbands/fathers like this.

EDIT - I also don't think UKIP are the people to stand up for this cause....!
[Post edited 25 May 2017 16:33]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:38 - May 25 with 1957 viewsDoobDude

Yes I think this would have been much better in the UKIP manifesto.
The Vitamin D bit is just laughable.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:42 - May 25 with 1944 viewsSwansea_Blue

But think of the time they save by not having to choose what to wear. They'll be able to get at least one more load of washing done a day

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:51 - May 25 with 1932 viewsjaykay

as i am not a muslim,i dont know how some muslin countries insist their woman folk wear a full head covering and hijab.then some muslim countries i.e. indonesia, malaysia,only cover up their hair.
a side note when in malaysia last year i went to water park,and to see some ladies in a light covering abaya plus burka in the water didnt look right

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:03 - May 25 with 1903 viewsGuthrum

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:51 - May 25 by jaykay

as i am not a muslim,i dont know how some muslin countries insist their woman folk wear a full head covering and hijab.then some muslim countries i.e. indonesia, malaysia,only cover up their hair.
a side note when in malaysia last year i went to water park,and to see some ladies in a light covering abaya plus burka in the water didnt look right

The burka originally only comes from one region of the muslim world - parts of Afghanistan and north-western Pakistan. It was pretty much unknown until relatively recently in most other areas, such as North Africa or the Far East.

However, many of the more hard-line Wahabi elements who came across it when fighting the Soviets in the '80s decided they liked the thing, brought it back to Arabia and then pushed it in those places where their brand of Islam is being promoted.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:05 - May 25 with 1888 viewsmonytowbray

For once we agree. It takes a group to acknowledge oppression themselves before it can be truly considered oppression.

TWTD never forgets…

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:06 - May 25 with 1882 viewsmonytowbray

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 16:32 - May 25 by itfcjoe

"the movement should start with the women wearing them"

I don't agree with that personally, how will this oppressed community be able to speak out about this. They can't even show their faces in public let alone go against their husbands/fathers like this.

EDIT - I also don't think UKIP are the people to stand up for this cause....!
[Post edited 25 May 2017 16:33]

All movements start somewhere though, but the spokesperson for it isn't going to be male, white and/or non-Muslim.

TWTD never forgets…

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:09 - May 25 with 1877 viewstcblue

What if you accidentally picked on a ninja though Joe, what then
Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:14 - May 25 with 1861 viewshomer_123

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:03 - May 25 by Guthrum

The burka originally only comes from one region of the muslim world - parts of Afghanistan and north-western Pakistan. It was pretty much unknown until relatively recently in most other areas, such as North Africa or the Far East.

However, many of the more hard-line Wahabi elements who came across it when fighting the Soviets in the '80s decided they liked the thing, brought it back to Arabia and then pushed it in those places where their brand of Islam is being promoted.

http://www.boredpanda.com/iranian-women-fashion-1970-before-islamic-revolution-i

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:17 - May 25 with 1848 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:14 - May 25 by homer_123

http://www.boredpanda.com/iranian-women-fashion-1970-before-islamic-revolution-i

Filth.

I had to do a double take as at first I thought Graham Souness was in one of those.

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:21 - May 25 with 1834 viewstcblue

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:14 - May 25 by homer_123

Whatever happened to that "crouching down with your hand on a football" stock photo pose? It was everywhere and now it has vanished
Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:23 - May 25 with 1826 viewsDarth_Koont

Full face hipster beards, beanies and non-prescription glasses too.

Who are these people?

Pronouns: He/Him

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:31 - May 25 with 1809 viewsjaykay

Ahhh, so they want to ban the burka to help people get more vitamin D! on 17:03 - May 25 by Guthrum

thanks for the info.i suppose the burka has always got to black and not brightly coloured like the head scarves the muslin females wear in S.E.Asia

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024