Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? 15:37 - May 30 with 5219 viewsMJallday

arsenal fans are about to implode . melts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40073103?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_
[Post edited 30 May 2017 15:38]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 15:48 - May 30 with 5175 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Glad to hear it.

He's done a good job over 20 years, just won a major trophy and ended the season on excellent form.

I fail to see why he shouldn't renew.

The vocal minority at Arsenal are a bunch of nobs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 15:57 - May 30 with 5161 viewsRealSlimShady

He has done a good job. He has built up some great squads and coached some great players in his time. Won the league a couple of times and won the FA cup 7 times. I guess his only downfall is in Europe whey they capitulate every season (as my Arsenal mate would say).

Arsenal fans moan about his lack of signing World Class players and spending the bucks but he has done over the last few years (Ozil, Sanchez, Mustafi). Arsenal are playing in a ridiculously hard league to win and prosper. Top four for 20 years was fantastic but one blip shouldn't be his downfall. At least give him another season to put it right.
think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:03 - May 30 with 5148 viewsMullet

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 15:57 - May 30 by RealSlimShady

He has done a good job. He has built up some great squads and coached some great players in his time. Won the league a couple of times and won the FA cup 7 times. I guess his only downfall is in Europe whey they capitulate every season (as my Arsenal mate would say).

Arsenal fans moan about his lack of signing World Class players and spending the bucks but he has done over the last few years (Ozil, Sanchez, Mustafi). Arsenal are playing in a ridiculously hard league to win and prosper. Top four for 20 years was fantastic but one blip shouldn't be his downfall. At least give him another season to put it right.

It's strange any set of fans would take a manager who has completely revitalised their club and hold him in such poor regard. Even when given time to redeem himself after a minority of disappointing seasons amongst such stabilisation and success.

Arsenal fans of course don't deserve their club or Wenger, they are as I like to say, clearly mixed up with QPR fans at birth.

A club that can have such long term vision under one man, defy the odds and spending of their rivals to always be in amongst the best like they have shouldn't be looking to change things because they're bored or want to follow the latest football fad someone else is getting a few headlines for.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:09 - May 30 with 5121 viewsIllinoisblue

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:03 - May 30 by Mullet

It's strange any set of fans would take a manager who has completely revitalised their club and hold him in such poor regard. Even when given time to redeem himself after a minority of disappointing seasons amongst such stabilisation and success.

Arsenal fans of course don't deserve their club or Wenger, they are as I like to say, clearly mixed up with QPR fans at birth.

A club that can have such long term vision under one man, defy the odds and spending of their rivals to always be in amongst the best like they have shouldn't be looking to change things because they're bored or want to follow the latest football fad someone else is getting a few headlines for.

If they truly are a top club then winning the league and being competitive in the Champions League is surely a must. Arsenal fail on both counts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:21 - May 30 with 5084 viewshomer_123

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:09 - May 30 by Illinoisblue

If they truly are a top club then winning the league and being competitive in the Champions League is surely a must. Arsenal fail on both counts.

So, this leads into the debate that Wenger has them (bar this year) finishing in the Champion League spot with a significantly different budget to that of Chelsea, City and United - in fact, a significantly lower budget - certainly in terms of spending power.

So, whilst fans might has aspirations of being a top club in Europe, Wengers hands are certainly more tied that the big three. Therefore, bar this year, he's delivered certainly at League level exactly what his resources allow him to. He's neither under nor over performed.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wenger out! on 16:29 - May 30 with 5056 viewsPendejo

What has Wenger ever done for Arsenal?

In English football there are 3 trophies to win; has he won one of those this season?

League Cup - Wenger has NEVER won this trophy, thus is not fit to manager Naaridge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_EFL_Cup_finals

Premier League? He's only won it 3 times...

FA Cup... oh hang on he's won it 7 times including this season

Europe... oh well, but he's at least participated on a regular basis.

Let's face it, Tottenham for all their swagger this season finished without a trophy, though they did win a Champions League place.

For me Mr Wenger would be welcome at PR, I can take finishing top 4 of Prem.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:32 - May 30 with 5047 viewsJon_456

100% agree.

Growing up through the 90s & early 00s I used to think arsenal were a big club.

They've now been left behind by the big clubs and most of the fans don't even see it or seem to care.

Seems sort of similar to the mick in/out fans where the inners want to be nice because of what he did the in past, as opposed to what he's currently doing.
think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:34 - May 30 with 5043 viewschicoazul

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:03 - May 30 by Mullet

Revitalised the club? Arsenal had won the league in 91 the Cup Double in 93 and the Cup Winners Cup in 94. Wenger arrived in 96.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:41 - May 30 with 5012 viewshype313

Piers Morgan is a fan, no doubt he is flouncing.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:43 - May 30 with 5005 viewsLankHenners

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:41 - May 30 by hype313

Piers Morgan is a fan, no doubt he is flouncing.

If it pisses Piers Morgan off, then in my book Wenger staying is a very good thing indeed.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:15 - May 30 with 4937 viewsMullet

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:34 - May 30 by chicoazul

Revitalised the club? Arsenal had won the league in 91 the Cup Double in 93 and the Cup Winners Cup in 94. Wenger arrived in 96.

He took the Graham side on it's way down, steadied it and revitalised it with some of the best players to ever grace the Premier League.

I know your whole thing is just being a contrarian, but you should be better than this by now after years of practice.

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:17 - May 30 with 4933 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chelsea, and the two Manchester clubs have outspent them consistently over the past decade, so really 4th is probably about where they should be based on budget.

They marginally missed out on the top 4 for the first time in 20 years.

They should do better in the Champions League, but again, they are well behind those 3 clubs plus Bayern, PSG, Real and Barca in terms of budgets on that front too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:18 - May 30 with 4933 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:32 - May 30 by Jon_456

100% agree.

Growing up through the 90s & early 00s I used to think arsenal were a big club.

They've now been left behind by the big clubs and most of the fans don't even see it or seem to care.

Seems sort of similar to the mick in/out fans where the inners want to be nice because of what he did the in past, as opposed to what he's currently doing.

Chelsea and Man City weren't in the picture in that era.

Oil money changed everything.

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:19 - May 30 with 4929 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 16:21 - May 30 by homer_123

So, this leads into the debate that Wenger has them (bar this year) finishing in the Champion League spot with a significantly different budget to that of Chelsea, City and United - in fact, a significantly lower budget - certainly in terms of spending power.

So, whilst fans might has aspirations of being a top club in Europe, Wengers hands are certainly more tied that the big three. Therefore, bar this year, he's delivered certainly at League level exactly what his resources allow him to. He's neither under nor over performed.

Well said.

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:39 - May 30 with 4890 viewsJon_456

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:18 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chelsea and Man City weren't in the picture in that era.

Oil money changed everything.

Its not just Man City & Chelsea though as Tottenham have overtaken them in league whilst spending a lot less (albeit only 1 year so far).

And the likes of bayern munich and dortmund don't spend a lot but they still manage to progress a lot further in the champions league.

Also think someone the other day compared the net spend of Chelsea over the last 3-4 years compared to the net spend of Arsenal and iirc Arsenal had spent more. Wenger has still spent a fair bit but doesn't spend wisely, £35m of Granit Xhaka says it all.
think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:43 - May 30 with 4880 viewsIllinoisblue

until league tables and points are adjusted to reflect money spent he absolutely has under performed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:48 - May 30 with 4861 viewschicoazul

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:15 - May 30 by Mullet

He took the Graham side on it's way down, steadied it and revitalised it with some of the best players to ever grace the Premier League.

I know your whole thing is just being a contrarian, but you should be better than this by now after years of practice.

Your hamfisted Wenger McCarthy comparison was embarrassingly stupid.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:53 - May 30 with 4844 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:15 - May 30 by Mullet

....a Bruce Rioch side. Even worse.

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:57 - May 30 with 4829 viewschicoazul

I like Wenger a lot and admire what he did especially after they moved stadiums. But he has spent tons of money in the last 3 seasons on Ozil, Sanchez, Mustafi etc and Arsenal have still been left behind a bit.

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 19:30 - May 30 with 4751 viewsMullet

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 17:53 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

....a Bruce Rioch side. Even worse.

That's a good point, there had indeed been a worsening to some degree which might be worth examining.

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 19:31 - May 30 with 4749 viewschristiand

He has done a great job with Aresenal, but more recently other teams have left them behind and I suppose from an Arsenal fan's point of view that is what they are frustrated about. I'd love us to win another FA cup ( can't see this ever happening again), however it's the Premier League title and Champions League which are the holy grails and Arsenal look a long way away from winning either competition under Arsenal Wenger.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 00:15 - May 31 with 4633 viewsbournemouthblue

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 00:23 - May 31 with 4628 viewsSwansea_Blue

think ITFC fans are having a meltdown? on 19:31 - May 30 by christiand

He has done a great job with Aresenal, but more recently other teams have left them behind and I suppose from an Arsenal fan's point of view that is what they are frustrated about. I'd love us to win another FA cup ( can't see this ever happening again), however it's the Premier League title and Champions League which are the holy grails and Arsenal look a long way away from winning either competition under Arsenal Wenger.

They're not that far behind though. Only 1 finish out of the top 4 in 20 years, and that was a respectable 5th this season in a resurgent PL with the uncertainty about Wenger's future likely to have been a distraction.

I bet no other PL club can match that record. And the football is consistently better to watch than any ofbthe rest too.

Miserable bunch of self-entitled fans if you ask me. They shouldvtry swapping places with us. Or Coventry.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024