Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harvey Barnes 21:26 - Aug 5 with 5191 viewssammyitfc

So apparently we are getting a young winger on loan from Leicester. Played 21 times for MK Dons on loan last season and got 6 goals. Won their young player of the year award even though he was only there for half a season. Maybe Leicester trust us with him after Lawrence?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 21:36]

Poll: which manager and assistant would you like to see at town the most?

Harvey Barnes on 21:29 - Aug 5 with 5100 viewspointofblue

Doesn't tie in with "it won't be someone you need to look up on wikipedia" - have never heard of him! He's a wide man too rather than out and out striker; Mick has made it clear we're after the latter.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 21:32]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Harvey Barnes on 21:31 - Aug 5 with 5052 viewsITFCBlues

Or the fact it's a permenant signing

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Harvey Barnes on 21:32 - Aug 5 with 5043 viewssammyitfc

Harvey Barnes on 21:29 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Doesn't tie in with "it won't be someone you need to look up on wikipedia" - have never heard of him! He's a wide man too rather than out and out striker; Mick has made it clear we're after the latter.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 21:32]

I worded my post slightly wrong, he's a player we are getting apparently. I'm not suggesting he is the one McCarthy has mentioned. It's entirely possible we get Barnes and a striker in the coming days.

Harvey Barnes on 21:33 - Aug 5 with 4983 viewssammyitfc

Harvey Barnes on 21:31 - Aug 5 by ITFCBlues

I've now updated to save confusion, as I don't believe this is the one that McCarthy is mentioning either.

Harvey Barnes on 21:33 - Aug 5 with 4979 viewspointofblue

Harvey Barnes on 21:32 - Aug 5 by sammyitfc

I worded my post slightly wrong, he's a player we are getting apparently. I'm not suggesting he is the one McCarthy has mentioned. It's entirely possible we get Barnes and a striker in the coming days.

Ah right - is Barnes permanent or on loan? Could be an interesting signing if the former. If the latter... I'd prefer to blood our own youngsters than everyone else's; we already have Cellina taking up that role.

Harvey Barnes on 21:34 - Aug 5 with 4956 viewsITFCBlues

Harvey Barnes on 21:32 - Aug 5 by sammyitfc

Fair enough. You've a reliable source?

Harvey Barnes on 21:35 - Aug 5 with 4925 viewssammyitfc

Harvey Barnes on 21:34 - Aug 5 by ITFCBlues

Fair enough. You've a reliable source?

I mean I will wait and see if this is correct before calling it reliable.

Harvey Barnes on 21:35 - Aug 5 with 4905 viewssammyitfc

Harvey Barnes on 21:33 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Ah right - is Barnes permanent or on loan? Could be an interesting signing if the former. If the latter... I'd prefer to blood our own youngsters than everyone else's; we already have Cellina taking up that role.

On loan I believe, which is understandable as he is only 19 and therefore Leicester won't be looking to sell.

Login to get fewer ads

Harvey Barnes on 21:39 - Aug 5 with 4794 viewspointofblue

Harvey Barnes on 21:35 - Aug 5 by sammyitfc

On loan I believe, which is understandable as he is only 19 and therefore Leicester won't be looking to sell.

Thanks. Not sure if I'm overly impressed then... can't Adeyemi and Ward play on the right with Cellina and Rowe on the left? Unless this is another Iorfa/Emmanuel situation where we're looking to loan Rowe out?

Harvey Barnes on 21:42 - Aug 5 with 4750 viewssammyitfc

Harvey Barnes on 21:39 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Thanks. Not sure if I'm overly impressed then... can't Adeyemi and Ward play on the right with Cellina and Rowe on the left? Unless this is another Iorfa/Emmanuel situation where we're looking to loan Rowe out?

I think MM wants two options on each wing, and this is with viewing that Adeyemi is entirely a CM rather than an option out wide so to speak. This would leave us with Celina, Rowe, Ward and Barnes as the options on the wings.

Harvey Barnes on 22:04 - Aug 5 with 4502 viewsMullet

Comes from this source apparently

MKDons blogger https://onthedot2016blog.wordpress.com/

"I don’t have a name for the left back but do know that the club have held talks with a top 6 Premier League club concerning the availability of an attacking midfielder. IF this is the player we’re close to signing I would rate him at the same level as Harvey Barnes. Not an instantly recognisable name but a real talent in the making. But he will be a loan.
Talking of which, reliable information today that Barnes is about to sign for Ipswich on loan from Leicester City. Sadness for Dons fans but to be expected and I’m sure he’ll do well."

To save people skipping and searching at this drunken hour.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Harvey Barnes on 22:05 - Aug 5 with 4462 viewsitfcjoe

DId really well in the TOulon tournament in the summer, looked really sharp

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harvey Barnes on 22:07 - Aug 5 with 4428 viewssammyitfc

Harvey Barnes on 22:04 - Aug 5 by Mullet

Comes from this source apparently

MKDons blogger https://onthedot2016blog.wordpress.com/

"I don’t have a name for the left back but do know that the club have held talks with a top 6 Premier League club concerning the availability of an attacking midfielder. IF this is the player we’re close to signing I would rate him at the same level as Harvey Barnes. Not an instantly recognisable name but a real talent in the making. But he will be a loan.
Talking of which, reliable information today that Barnes is about to sign for Ipswich on loan from Leicester City. Sadness for Dons fans but to be expected and I’m sure he’ll do well."

To save people skipping and searching at this drunken hour.

I did some googling and twittering of my own when it was mentioned to me and did find this. Seemed a fairly reliable thing to back it up rather than your usual 'FL92' accounts on there to be fair.

Harvey Barnes on 22:12 - Aug 5 with 4331 viewsitfcjoe

Harvey Barnes on 22:07 - Aug 5 by sammyitfc

I did some googling and twittering of my own when it was mentioned to me and did find this. Seemed a fairly reliable thing to back it up rather than your usual 'FL92' accounts on there to be fair.

So you've heard this from a 'source' and not Twitter? Interesting, hopefully it does happen as adds another wide option - think that and a striker and we are there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harvey Barnes on 22:14 - Aug 5 with 4300 viewssammyitfc

Harvey Barnes on 22:12 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

So you've heard this from a 'source' and not Twitter? Interesting, hopefully it does happen as adds another wide option - think that and a striker and we are there

Was given to me by a source as you say, one I've never had info off of before so yet to see if it's reliable but time will tell. The twitter thing is merely something that possibly backs it up more.
Comes from an MK Dons related blog so hardly a troll worthy account as such.

Harvey Barnes on 22:17 - Aug 5 with 4224 viewsITFCBlues

Harvey Barnes on 22:12 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

Do we need a Dozzell replacement now?

Harvey Barnes on 22:36 - Aug 5 with 3994 viewsKieran_Knows

Harvey Barnes on 21:31 - Aug 5 by ITFCBlues

Think he's just signed a new deal at Leicester (IIRC), so would presume it's a loan deal, if true of course.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Harvey Barnes on 22:39 - Aug 5 with 3964 viewssammyitfc

Harvey Barnes on 22:36 - Aug 5 by Kieran_Knows

Think he's just signed a new deal at Leicester (IIRC), so would presume it's a loan deal, if true of course.

That's correct, 4 year deal signed in July, definitely a loan.

Harvey Barnes on 22:40 - Aug 5 with 3941 viewsKieran_Knows

Harvey Barnes on 22:39 - Aug 5 by sammyitfc

That's correct, 4 year deal signed in July, definitely a loan.

Thought so, new deal off the back of what was a very good loan spell at MK Dons by all accounts. As you say, perhaps seeing how well Lawrence performed last season, they feel Mick may be able to improve Barnes as well. With him and a (hopefully) permanent striker signing, I would say that is us done for the summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024