Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train 11:28 - Sep 30 with 6164 viewsTCisdynamite

Train to witham, coach to Colchester and then back on the train again to Ipswich
Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:31 - Sep 30 with 5580 viewsACP84

Worse for Sunderland fans - A14 was closed at Woolpit to Bury - magical mystery tour through Ixworth, Thurston & Morton Hall, some didn't get back until 5am!
Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:32 - Sep 30 with 5570 viewsDyland

Nor a London Town fan, grrrr. Only getting worse with the Newbury Park suicide coach journey.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:33 - Sep 30 with 5573 viewsDyland

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:31 - Sep 30 by ACP84

Worse for Sunderland fans - A14 was closed at Woolpit to Bury - magical mystery tour through Ixworth, Thurston & Morton Hall, some didn't get back until 5am!

Surprised they even made it through Ixworth alive. Some very strange and wrong folk in those there parts.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:35 - Sep 30 with 5553 viewsACP84

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:33 - Sep 30 by Dyland

Surprised they even made it through Ixworth alive. Some very strange and wrong folk in those there parts.

Didn't help me living in Bury.

Locked my doors going through Ixworth!
Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:35 - Sep 30 with 5553 viewsDolly2.0

The coach from Witham to Colchester took 12 minutes. I'm sure they'll survive.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:37 - Sep 30 with 5550 viewsDyland

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:35 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

You're keen ba. On the lash already?

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:42 - Sep 30 with 5522 viewsfactual_blue

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:33 - Sep 30 by Dyland

Ixworth is a local village for local people.

But still several steps up the ladder from Halesworth.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:48 - Sep 30 with 5519 viewsSteve_M

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:35 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

It's certainly a much better bus option than the slow crawl down the A12 to Newbury Park, might only be 30 minutes later home.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:51 - Sep 30 with 5503 viewsAdmiralFunge

12 minutes?! You sure about that?

Seems unlikely.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:04 - Sep 30 with 5459 viewsDolly2.0

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:51 - Sep 30 by AdmiralFunge

12 minutes?! You sure about that?

Seems unlikely.

Yep. Left at 10:18, arrived at 10.30.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:10 - Sep 30 with 5438 viewsDolly2.0

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 11:37 - Sep 30 by Dyland

You're keen ba. On the lash already?

Don't think I'm that early for a 3pm kick off.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:17 - Sep 30 with 5421 viewsDyland

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:04 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

Yep. Left at 10:18, arrived at 10.30.

Plus the changeovers it adds half an hour. Not a big deal. As Steve says the upcoming Newbury Park journey is far worse. That makes it a three hour journey for me instead of hour and a half. If we lose to the budgies god forbid, that's a rotten return on a Sunday late afternoon. It will probably rain as well.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:18 - Sep 30 with 5414 viewsDolly2.0

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:17 - Sep 30 by Dyland

Plus the changeovers it adds half an hour. Not a big deal. As Steve says the upcoming Newbury Park journey is far worse. That makes it a three hour journey for me instead of hour and a half. If we lose to the budgies god forbid, that's a rotten return on a Sunday late afternoon. It will probably rain as well.

Indeed.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:42 - Sep 30 with 5360 viewsDyland

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:18 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

Indeed.

It took 25 minutes you nutter.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 13:12 - Sep 30 with 5304 viewsDolly2.0

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 12:42 - Sep 30 by Dyland

It took 25 minutes you nutter.

Were you on my bus?

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 13:34 - Sep 30 with 5275 viewsDyland

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 13:12 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

Were you on my bus?

No I wasn't on the magic flying bus.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 13:40 - Sep 30 with 5259 viewsDolly2.0

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 13:34 - Sep 30 by Dyland

No I wasn't on the magic flying bus.

It took 12 minutes. I've stated the times it left and arrived. Whether you believe me or not I don't really care. Why on earth would I lie?

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 15:53 - Sep 30 with 5156 viewschicoazul

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 13:40 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

It took 12 minutes. I've stated the times it left and arrived. Whether you believe me or not I don't really care. Why on earth would I lie?

Cos you're weird like that. It takes 5 minutes just to get to the A12 from Witham station.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 21:32 - Sep 30 with 5056 viewsDolly2.0

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 15:53 - Sep 30 by chicoazul

Cos you're weird like that. It takes 5 minutes just to get to the A12 from Witham station.

You're arguing about how long a bus took that I was actually on and you weren't. What a strange thing to argue the toss about. And you reckon *I'm* weird.

Have a word with yourself.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:25 - Sep 30 with 5010 viewsAdmiralFunge

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 21:32 - Sep 30 by Dolly2.0

You're arguing about how long a bus took that I was actually on and you weren't. What a strange thing to argue the toss about. And you reckon *I'm* weird.

Have a word with yourself.

Bruv.

It is 15 miles from Witham station to Colchester North.

12 mins would suggest your coach driver was doing a solid 75 mph, from door to door.

To put this in context, it takes c. 15mins to travel from station to station - on the train. In a straight line. With no traffic lights, roundabouts, traffic jams etc.

12 mins is dizzy chat.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:37 - Sep 30 with 4984 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:25 - Sep 30 by AdmiralFunge

Bruv.

It is 15 miles from Witham station to Colchester North.

12 mins would suggest your coach driver was doing a solid 75 mph, from door to door.

To put this in context, it takes c. 15mins to travel from station to station - on the train. In a straight line. With no traffic lights, roundabouts, traffic jams etc.

12 mins is dizzy chat.

I've done the Newbury Park bus journey for the last two seasons when the railworks have been in hence arranging a while ago for lifts to the Bristol City and scum games.

The Scum away game last season with the rail issues was a massive ball ache having to leave mine at 6:15 ffs! On a Sunday!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:41 - Sep 30 with 4971 viewsAdmiralFunge

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:37 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I've done the Newbury Park bus journey for the last two seasons when the railworks have been in hence arranging a while ago for lifts to the Bristol City and scum games.

The Scum away game last season with the rail issues was a massive ball ache having to leave mine at 6:15 ffs! On a Sunday!

Yeah, the Scum kick-off times are a pure joke.

Sadly, the respective bumpkin police forces of Suffolk and Norfolk cannot comprehend the possibility of a civilised kick-off time.

We did all get wrecked on that Maundy Thursday a few years ago, mind.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:43 - Sep 30 with 4962 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:41 - Sep 30 by AdmiralFunge

Yeah, the Scum kick-off times are a pure joke.

Sadly, the respective bumpkin police forces of Suffolk and Norfolk cannot comprehend the possibility of a civilised kick-off time.

We did all get wrecked on that Maundy Thursday a few years ago, mind.

The fact that Leeds v Millwall last week was a 3pm kick off despite there being trouble between the teams every time they play and yet ours is always 12 o clock just fücks me right off.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:49 - Sep 30 with 4950 viewsAdmiralFunge

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:43 - Sep 30 by The_Romford_Blue

The fact that Leeds v Millwall last week was a 3pm kick off despite there being trouble between the teams every time they play and yet ours is always 12 o clock just fücks me right off.

The joys of following a provincial team, Rommers...

Hijacked the Acca thread earlier, btw. Trust you can acquiesce with said.

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:55 - Sep 30 with 4934 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wouldn't fancy being a Bristol city fan traveling by train on 22:49 - Sep 30 by AdmiralFunge

The joys of following a provincial team, Rommers...

Hijacked the Acca thread earlier, btw. Trust you can acquiesce with said.

Indeed. Not much we can do unfortunately

Had to google that word. If I'm ever dramatically later than the time I say it will go up, I'm glad someone else put the thread up. Unfortunately, something came up in the real world I had to deal with.

May or may not do one for the internationals that week. Though the thought of people putting up a 1/40 shot to beat Gibraltar doesn't fill me with confidence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024