Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... 10:34 - Nov 29 with 5746 viewsBrazilsnuts

Will mick stick to his recently favoured 4231 or move to a back 3? With Nydam and Bishop about does Spence go inside and Connolly to RB? Connolly has being doing a great job in CM but anything to keep I-awful out... I’d personally go

Bart
Connolly Spence Webster Knudsen
Huws Skuse
Ward Celina Waghorn
Garner

Gerken, Sears, Bishop, Nydam, Morris, Iorfa, Kenlock

Assuming Garner is fit...if not then Waghorn up top and bring in Sears....Bishop to hopefully get some more minutes but not sure he’s ready for a start
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:45 - Nov 29 with 5707 viewsBrianTablet

Bart
Spence Webster Knudsen
Skuse
Ward Connolly Huws Kenlock/Celina
Garner Waghorn

Gerken, Sears, Bishop, Nydam, Morris, Iorfa, Celina/Kenlock
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 10:46]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:52 - Nov 29 with 5682 viewsmaccyd9

Maybe Iorfa in to right back, Spence in the middle and Connolly alongside Skuse again.

Leaving Huws to play off Garner and Celina out wide with Ward dropping out.

That's what I'd go with.
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:56 - Nov 29 with 5662 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Smith definitely not available?

We certainly have a few options, though none of them are what you would call like for like or without risks.

Connonlly to RB - Spence at CB
Iorfa to RB - Spence at CB
Knudsen to CB - Kenlock to LB
Back 3 of Spence, Webster and Knudsen - Iorfa & Kenlock as wing backs
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:57 - Nov 29 with 5655 viewsSuperfrans

If Iorfa is fit, we should just drop him in in place of Chambers. He was perfectly fine at CH earlier in the season.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:58 - Nov 29 with 5651 viewsrickw

I don't think Mick will want to move Connolly as he's been doing well in midfield and as Forest play 4-2-3-1 we'll match them, so I think he'll play this team:
__________Bart
Iorfa Spence Webster Knudsen
______Connolly Skuse
Ward ____Huws___ Waghorn
_________Garner

I would say though Iorfa will be very lucky to get another start after recent performances!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 10:59]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:59 - Nov 29 with 5643 viewsJakeITFC

Bart
Connolly Skuse
Ward Huws Waghorn
Garner

That’s my guess, not my favoured side. Can’t see him splitting up Skuse and Connolly as that’s been effective in recent weeks. Maybe Bish gets a go if Huws can’t play three in a week.
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:01 - Nov 29 with 5636 viewsrickw

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:59 - Nov 29 by JakeITFC

Bart
Connolly Skuse
Ward Huws Waghorn
Garner

That’s my guess, not my favoured side. Can’t see him splitting up Skuse and Connolly as that’s been effective in recent weeks. Maybe Bish gets a go if Huws can’t play three in a week.

I think he's said Bish is a way off starting, so I'd imagine Celina would stay in if Huws needs a break

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:05 - Nov 29 with 5618 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

Bart

Spence - Webster - Knudsen - Kenlock

Connolly - Skuse

Waghorn - Huws - Celina

Garner

I get moving Spence in to the middle and Connolly to RB, but I've just been so impressed with Connolly alongside Skuse that I think he should stay there, and Kenlock played well when Knudsen was suspended
Login to get fewer ads

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:11 - Nov 29 with 5594 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I would personally go for a back four of :

Spence / Webster / Knudsen / Kenlock

I actually think Knudsen is the better center back and a bit more physical than Spence, plus he did really well in there earlier on in the season when we had all our injuries.

As for the rest, I would try and keep it fairly similar to last nights team if I was Mick as it seemed quite balanced. Whether it might be a bit too much to expect Huws to start two games in a week we will find out on Saturday.

We must get a handle on Murphy this weekend though if we hope to get anything out of the game and Mick picking the right back 4/5 will be imperative to that IMO.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:21 - Nov 29 with 5570 viewschicoazul

So for Sat we will be without Smith, Chambers, McG, Adeyemi, maybe Garner. Gonna be very tough.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:23 - Nov 29 with 5559 viewsKieran_Knows

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:59 - Nov 29 by JakeITFC

Bart
Connolly Skuse
Ward Huws Waghorn
Garner

Think you're right with regards to Skuse and Connolly. They've brought the best out of each other.

Knudsen to centre back with Webster and Kenlock in at left back would be my guess.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:27 - Nov 29 with 5544 viewsHerbivore

We should keep the same formation, it's working overall even if results have been inconsistent. I think Spence will move inside and Iorfa will come in, although Knudsen moving inside and Kenlock is also a good option. I think Mick will go with the former though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:01 - Nov 29 with 5427 viewsSwn98

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:52 - Nov 29 by maccyd9

Maybe Iorfa in to right back, Spence in the middle and Connolly alongside Skuse again.

Leaving Huws to play off Garner and Celina out wide with Ward dropping out.

That's what I'd go with.

Dont let Iorfa anywhere near the pitch.
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:04 - Nov 29 with 5414 viewsPhilTWTD

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:21 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

So for Sat we will be without Smith, Chambers, McG, Adeyemi, maybe Garner. Gonna be very tough.

Add Downes to that list as he's suspended as well.
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:06 - Nov 29 with 5397 viewsPhilTWTD

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 10:56 - Nov 29 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Smith definitely not available?

We certainly have a few options, though none of them are what you would call like for like or without risks.

Connonlly to RB - Spence at CB
Iorfa to RB - Spence at CB
Knudsen to CB - Kenlock to LB
Back 3 of Spence, Webster and Knudsen - Iorfa & Kenlock as wing backs

I don't think Smith has trained yet, so unlikely he'll be involved. Spence or Knudsen, I would guess. Not ideal to have Chambo missing against a big physical striker like Murph.
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:07 - Nov 29 with 5396 viewsPJH

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:04 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

That was not very bright of him kicking the ball away last night but I thought he and Nydam both contributed a lot of hard work towards the end last night.Both won their share of challenges.
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 5382 viewsKieran_Knows

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:06 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

I don't think Smith has trained yet, so unlikely he'll be involved. Spence or Knudsen, I would guess. Not ideal to have Chambo missing against a big physical striker like Murph.

If Webster can perform like he did against Hugill, who i'd argue is a more of a physical threat than Murphy, hopefully he can do the same this weekend.

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:13 - Nov 29 with 5370 viewsitfcjoe

I think this works

Bart

Iorfa
Spence
Webster
Knudsen

Skuse
Connolly

Ward
Waghorn
Celina

Garner

Or to move Connolly to RB and put Huws in alongside Skuse

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:14 - Nov 29 with 5359 viewschicoazul

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:04 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

Ah wow good point.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:32 - Nov 29 with 5298 viewsWestcountryblue

I'd go with...

Bart

Connolly Spence Webster Knudsen
Huws Skuse
Ward Bishop Celina
Waghorn

With Ward, Bishop and Celina we could have the running power to properly give Waghorn the support and service he needs up front. Obviously Huws and Bish might need replacing on 60.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 13:34]
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 14:34 - Nov 29 with 5222 viewsStowTractorBoy

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:05 - Nov 29 by only_one_sir_bobby

Bart

Connolly - Skuse

Waghorn - Huws - Celina

Garner

I get moving Spence in to the middle and Connolly to RB, but I've just been so impressed with Connolly alongside Skuse that I think he should stay there, and Kenlock played well when Knudsen was suspended

I am with you Sir Bob and agree totally with your line up. Those picking Iorfa surprises me as he has been far too loose in his defensive duties and really does not look an improvement on what we already had. He looked fairly impressive in the pre season friendlies but has disappointed of late.
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 14:42 - Nov 29 with 5210 viewshorsehollerer

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 11:05 - Nov 29 by only_one_sir_bobby

Bart

Connolly - Skuse

Waghorn - Huws - Celina

Garner

I like this but I have a feeling he'll move Spence to the middle so we have two giants to combat Murph, and also so Webster can stay where he is. If he does, then I'd rather see Connolly at right back with Skuse and Downes/Nydam in front of the back four. I also suspect he might start with Sears and use Celina as an impact sub. But who knows?

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 15:56 - Nov 29 with 5145 viewsPhilTWTD

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 13:10 - Nov 29 by Kieran_Knows

If Webster can perform like he did against Hugill, who i'd argue is a more of a physical threat than Murphy, hopefully he can do the same this weekend.

Fair point, Webster was very good against Hugill, as you say. I reckon Jonas might get the nod to come into the middle with Kenlock on the left.
With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 16:00 - Nov 29 with 5137 viewsKieran_Knows

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 15:56 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

Fair point, Webster was very good against Hugill, as you say. I reckon Jonas might get the nod to come into the middle with Kenlock on the left.

That's what I suspect as well, r.e Kenlock in for Chambers with Knudsen in at CB.

With Chambo suspended for Sat.... on 16:09 - Nov 29 with 5115 viewsDeano69

Too soon for the WOOOOLF?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024