Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? 14:48 - Jan 15 with 6330 viewskizaitfc

Speak to a couple of friends that often go and watch the U23s and from reports on here, he appears to run the show from the front, sometimes against some experienced defenders.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 14:50 - Jan 15 with 6299 viewsWeirdFishes

Apparently scored a screamer today. Would like to see him get a chance off the bench.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 14:51]

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 14:52 - Jan 15 with 6289 viewsBigginBlue

Not have 4 attacking players in front of him notching 31 league goals between them...

Poll: Who is your favourite current Town Player (All attributes included, Non Loan)

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 14:54 - Jan 15 with 6264 viewskizaitfc

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 14:52 - Jan 15 by BigginBlue

Not have 4 attacking players in front of him notching 31 league goals between them...

Doesn't stop Sears coming off the bench to no effect

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 14:54 - Jan 15 with 6265 viewsDarth_Koont

He'd need an injury crisis in the forwards first so I hope we don't see him until the last 15 minutes of the last home game.

He's only 18 though so not necessarily bad for his development at this stage to be involved in senior training and squads but staying out of the firing line on the pitch. Chucking young strikers in at the deep end seems a bit hit and miss as an approach.

Pronouns: He/Him

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 15:17 - Jan 15 with 6167 viewsHerbivore

He's got a lot of promise by all accounts but doesn't seem to be physically at the level required and currently has some very good forwards ahead of him in the pecking order. I suspect we'll look to get him some proper football on loan as the next stage in his development.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 15:28 - Jan 15 with 6129 viewsRadlett_blue

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 14:54 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

He'd need an injury crisis in the forwards first so I hope we don't see him until the last 15 minutes of the last home game.

He's only 18 though so not necessarily bad for his development at this stage to be involved in senior training and squads but staying out of the firing line on the pitch. Chucking young strikers in at the deep end seems a bit hit and miss as an approach.

There is a very long list of promising teenage Town strikers who've been given a few minutes & have, at best, found a career in the lower leagues.
Also, chucking a young striker on for 10 minutes rarely tells you much new about them. Jordan Rhodes didn't exactly impress in his cameo sub appearances.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 15:45 - Jan 15 with 6067 viewsTractorCam

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 14:54 - Jan 15 by kizaitfc

Doesn't stop Sears coming off the bench to no effect

Would definitely stick him on the bench with Drinan, Sears has to be sold

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 15:55 - Jan 15 with 6028 viewsCurrie10

Probably requires a run out on loan.

I'd say potentially more interestingly for this game, Sears STILL couldn't get into the lineup upfront and had to make do with a place wide left....

Surely the end of Freddy.... for both our sakes, thank god.
Login to get fewer ads

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 16:13 - Jan 15 with 5972 viewsDeano69

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 14:54 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

dont ask for 15 minutes or you'll only get 5!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 16:20 - Jan 15 with 5956 viewsbontcho

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 15:55 - Jan 15 by Currie10

I'd say potentially more interestingly for this game, Sears STILL couldn't get into the lineup upfront and had to make do with a place wide left....

How are Col Who stocked for forwards? Could he have 4 months there, perhaps mainly from the bench, and hopefully come back a man.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 16:51 - Jan 15 with 5869 viewsBluefish

He probably has to continue developing as with most players in similar situations at all teams

Come back to me when he can outscore Neil Gregory at reserve level

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 17:45 - Jan 15 with 5807 viewskizaitfc

Looks ready to me, two cracking finishes!

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 17:56 - Jan 15 with 5754 viewsPinewoodblue

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 17:45 - Jan 15 by kizaitfc

Only highlights but Towns passing game is easy on the eye.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 18:11 - Jan 15 with 5707 viewsCurrie10

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 16:20 - Jan 15 by bontcho

How are Col Who stocked for forwards? Could he have 4 months there, perhaps mainly from the bench, and hopefully come back a man.

No idea but we seem to be building a very strong link with Aldershot - Ipswich town reserves ;) with their gafa watching the game alongside Mick today.

Wonder if one or two others may join the Aldershot revolution.
What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 19:14 - Jan 15 with 5617 viewssoupytwist

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 18:11 - Jan 15 by Currie10

No idea but we seem to be building a very strong link with Aldershot - Ipswich town reserves ;) with their gafa watching the game alongside Mick today.

Wonder if one or two others may join the Aldershot revolution.

I am friends with someone who knows one of his family and Morris apparently found his loan spell last season rather difficult for a variety of reasons.
What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 19:28 - Jan 15 with 5566 viewslongtimefan

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 17:45 - Jan 15 by kizaitfc

And if anyone doesn’t understand the vast difference between under 23s and the Championship have a look at the marking in this. The time and space the players have is unreal!
What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 21:09 - Jan 15 with 5447 viewsPilgrimblue

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 15:55 - Jan 15 by Currie10

Trouble with sending promising players on loan is that they rarely come back. More have drifted away to lower leagues then when someone gives them a chance they look good!
There's plenty of Clubs giving 18/19 s a chance but not dear old Mick!
What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 21:20 - Jan 15 with 5423 viewsjeera

18 years old.

We cry out for them too soon and then complain when they get injured.

As others point out it's best to trust those on charge with their development.

Rest of season loan sounds great but we always have that fear if they're any good and spotted then we'll lose them. I've no idea what his contract is mind.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What has the young lad Ben Morris got to do to get a run out? on 22:03 - Jan 15 with 5348 viewsBluefish

Are you saying Mick won't play 18 or 19 year olds?? Really? Do you even look at our line ups let alone watch us ?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024