Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going tonight then? 08:25 - Mar 13 with 5556 viewsSteve_M

To post something different from the myriad variations on the same theme.

I am, quite looking forward to it in a way because I think we'll see a positive reaction after Saturday's second half.

Hopefully it'll be a bit like Bedsheet Day under Jim when all the pressure just lifted a bit. Not something to change the bigger picture but winning matches is definitely more enjoyable than not winning them.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:53]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who is going tonight then? on 11:18 - Mar 13 with 1147 viewsCuffy81

Who is going tonight then? on 11:04 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

I know what you mean but Ward is our player, cost a lot (for us) and is still young. For me at this moment in time now that we cannot do anything else this season we should be playing him ahead of Connolly and Celina.

I'm going

Hopeful of seeing some youngsters, Morris and perhaps Drinan?

Midfield was the biggest issue on Saturday , all three too similar so changes required there also.

Will stubborn Mick persist with same tempo at home which has seem 0 goals and very little changes in 8 1/2 hours of football? - hopefully noy
Who is going tonight then? on 11:30 - Mar 13 with 1130 viewsHennikerBlu

Who is going tonight then? on 10:32 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

I suspect the concession will be Ward for Gleeson, and wonder if he'll bring Garner back in from the start too. To be honest I'd quite like to see how our movement looks with Celina *and* Sears either side of a front man but that won't happen.

Agree, to beat a back three you need to provide some width and try to pull them apart. He actually did that in the Wolves game with Sears and Ward coming on, just a shame it was so late in the game, as it did give them something to think about. I thought he might do it against Norwich as they threw their three centre backs forward and were exposed on the flanks, which Knudsen tried to exploit at the end.........
Who is going tonight then? on 11:37 - Mar 13 with 1118 viewsHennikerBlu

Oh and yes I am going.....looking forward to it.

There is only one manager in recent years that I really found difficult to comprehend that he was our manager.....

MM for all his faults, I actually think he tries and his clumsiness for me, suggests a level of honesty that he cares. Dealing with the press and public is a skill, Alf Ramsey rarely spoke to the press for example. He frustrates me in two main areas over caution and late mainly defensive substitutes.
Who is going tonight then? on 11:55 - Mar 13 with 1101 viewsnorth_stand77

Am going tonight with adult son.

Am hoping for something much better and more exciting than Saturday.........well, can live in hope as they say.
Who is going tonight then? on 12:30 - Mar 13 with 1075 viewsITFC_Forever

Hopefully.

Although I’m in Bradford until around 3.30pm, so I’m hoping the roads are running freely to allow me to make kick-off....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who is going tonight then? on 17:33 - Mar 13 with 1021 viewsbrogansnose

Yep, just got in to have a sarnie and out in 5 minutes.
Who is going tonight then? on 17:48 - Mar 13 with 1013 viewsolimar

Who is going tonight then? on 11:30 - Mar 13 by HennikerBlu

Agree, to beat a back three you need to provide some width and try to pull them apart. He actually did that in the Wolves game with Sears and Ward coming on, just a shame it was so late in the game, as it did give them something to think about. I thought he might do it against Norwich as they threw their three centre backs forward and were exposed on the flanks, which Knudsen tried to exploit at the end.........

Problem is that if we play with 5 at the back, then our width has to come from there really, there isnt enough room for that and to have 3 up front. However, I guess we could do that if we played a proper front two who can run the channels- I think both Waghorn and Sears can do that, rather than playing with someone like Celina or Carayol (appreciate hes injured) behind a lone forward.
Who is going tonight then? on 18:07 - Mar 13 with 998 viewstextbackup

I’m not sure, I’ll be in a nice warm house when team is announced and won’t need to leave until 7.25.... by which time I will probably be asleep!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024