Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... 22:49 - Mar 13 with 4319 viewsfinidiwoah

Can someone tell me how it's possible?

He adds nothing and for a midfielder can't pass water!! His passing must have had a % or below 30% completion rate, this guy is supposedly a championship midfielder
Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 23:46 - Mar 13 with 4220 viewssotd78

Were you there. If so then you know that is not true. Hyam probably was about the best player we had tonight.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 23:48 - Mar 13 with 4202 viewsStenvict

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 23:46 - Mar 13 by sotd78

Were you there. If so then you know that is not true. Hyam probably was about the best player we had tonight.

Seriously?

He's shocking. Only passes backwards or sideways.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 23:49 - Mar 13 with 4198 viewsGarv

You have to give him credit for what he does. Trouble is he is so limited. He will never and should never be a first choice in a champ team looking to go places.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Agreed... on 23:49 - Mar 13 with 4192 viewsunstableblue

.... i thought him and Ward had good games.

Gleeson was poor as was Knudsen on the whole. Nydam struggled to get into the game.

No one was awful. And in fact they tried to at least get the ball down, but they tried to pass and that is not something they have had drilled into them. And the movement remained appalling.

I thought it was a better performance than saturday, arguable against a better/improving team than Sheff U.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 23:53 - Mar 13 with 4176 viewspointofblue

Can't disagree with this. Strange how Hyam's getting stick considering the weak performances of the offensive players and other midfielders around him (Gleeson, for example, who was dreadful).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 02:35 - Mar 14 with 4078 viewsBrixtonBlue

I was there and I agree with the OP. He was terrible (and so was Gleeson).

Best of a bad bunch was Ward IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 06:01 - Mar 14 with 4017 viewsfinidiwoah

I was there and Hyam was awful.... He didn't keep the ball at all. He showed for 4 throw ins to feet from centre mid all game which is bad enough but all four of them were so bad back to the thrower that he had no choice but to hook it line or it went for a throw.

He constantly have the ball away time after time after time or got robbed with it.

He runs around a lot and normally sticks a big tackle in - but he didn't do that last night.

You tell me what you think he did well please? Give me a couple of instances.

I'm not saying that Gleeson was good, Nydam misplaced passes too but at least looked to move forward with his passes. Of the 3 centre mid that started how on earth Hyam is the only one that lasted 90 mins is beyond me!
Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 06:03 - Mar 14 with 4012 viewsfinidiwoah

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 23:53 - Mar 13 by pointofblue

Can't disagree with this. Strange how Hyam's getting stick considering the weak performances of the offensive players and other midfielders around him (Gleeson, for example, who was dreadful).

Tell me what he did that constituted a good game please?

Passed the ball into touch or sold people short so they had no choice but to go long or get tackled....
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 06:11 - Mar 14 with 3999 viewsbrogansnose

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 02:35 - Mar 14 by BrixtonBlue

I was there and I agree with the OP. He was terrible (and so was Gleeson).

Best of a bad bunch was Ward IMO.

Ward looked alright in comparison to the others. Hyam, Spence, Celina and Gleeson..................pfft.
Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 06:32 - Mar 14 with 3962 viewsMaySixth

Deluded.

Has been terrible for a long time and was awful v Hull.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 07:01 - Mar 14 with 3892 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Hyam used the Skuse trick of putting an opponent between him and the ball on more than one occasion. They both invariably play the "safe ball" straight back to whoever played it to them, even though that player has less option than themselves. Where they differ is that Skuse has the first-time aimless, lofted, hoof forward. Are they coached at all to play football? Gleeson was again poor. Nydam did ok, but will have had his confidence dented by the susbstitution.
Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 07:11 - Mar 14 with 3868 viewssotd78

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 06:03 - Mar 14 by finidiwoah

Tell me what he did that constituted a good game please?

Passed the ball into touch or sold people short so they had no choice but to go long or get tackled....

I suppose much depends on what your attitude to a player is before the game and also to some extent what you expect and finally where you sit.
Hyam won no end of aerial balls which Gleeson and Nydam didn't and can't. There were two excellent passes first half to Ward who also played well. Both went forwards by the way! Lots of fetch and carry. But yes Hyam is not a playmaker. If you expect that then you'll forever be disappointed and always on his back.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 08:50 - Mar 14 with 3730 viewsfinidiwoah

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 07:11 - Mar 14 by sotd78

I suppose much depends on what your attitude to a player is before the game and also to some extent what you expect and finally where you sit.
Hyam won no end of aerial balls which Gleeson and Nydam didn't and can't. There were two excellent passes first half to Ward who also played well. Both went forwards by the way! Lots of fetch and carry. But yes Hyam is not a playmaker. If you expect that then you'll forever be disappointed and always on his back.

I guess it does - me expecting a professional footballer in the second tier of English football to be able to play a ten yard pass or control a volley back to a thrower is a little unfair?

I don't remember him winning particularly any aerial balls that I thought he shouldn't have won or that he'd done well to win? One good pass out to Ward agreed the other actually took a deflection from their defender to make it look like a good pass - where it was also extremely close to being cut out or hitting the said defender and going in another direction.

Hyam isn't a playmaker, but he doesn't do much of the fetch and carry either - twice in the second half Connolly had the ball and Hyam was about 30 yards away from his centre mid partner not looking for the ball when there were no options on - from a midfield player this is terrible - whether you think he's a ball player or not, he is apparently a central midfield player and needs to be showing options even if they aren't used all of the time.

Central midfield is where the play is supposed to go through hence it being one of if not the most important part of the pitch. Before your counter argument is that the ball bypasses the midfield - you've just told me Hyam won lots of aerial balls - you cant have it both ways!!!
Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 09:34 - Mar 14 with 3633 viewsTown_Boy

They all spend more time at David Lloyd than training..

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 10:15 - Mar 14 with 3582 viewsNo9

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 23:48 - Mar 13 by Stenvict

Seriously?

He's shocking. Only passes backwards or sideways.

"Only passes backwards or sideways."

Hasn't that been the problem with the 'midfield' since MM arrived ?
It may be part of the trainig & in the days when Murph lead the line it was normal play
Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 10:19 - Mar 14 with 3571 viewsBlueRaider

I can't see that, he is a nothing player. Sad as he is a local boy but I think it is the case

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 10:20 - Mar 14 with 3569 viewsBlueRaider

Yes, Gleeson was awful too, I have yet to see anything to suggest he is worth taking on beyond his short term contract

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Luke Hyam still a professional footballer.... on 10:22 - Mar 14 with 3559 viewsNazemariner

Yet he was one of our best performers last night.

mmmmmm!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024