Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would be the worst possible appointment? 19:43 - Apr 3 with 4420 viewsWickwar_Blue

Out of realistic possible appointments, who would be the worst?

Sherwood
Megson
Di Canio: a self confessed fascist. Can’t imagine him being a unifying figure
Bellamy
Cotterill: seems like a nice chap but clearly not up to it

Anyone else?
Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 19:46 - Apr 3 with 4070 viewsJohnny_Boy

Smegson

Swear down.
Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 19:49 - Apr 3 with 4049 viewstractordownsouth

Di Canio would go down a treat with the FLA lot ;)

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 19:50 - Apr 3 with 4040 viewstractordownsouth

Also I've never seen Cotterril appear to be a nice chap

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 19:53 - Apr 3 with 4012 viewsronnyd

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 19:50 - Apr 3 by tractordownsouth

Also I've never seen Cotterril appear to be a nice chap

Cotterill always comes across as a total whinger.
Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 19:56 - Apr 3 with 3999 viewsNthsuffolkblue

None of those are actually anywhere in the bookies' odds are they? Out of those. though, it would be tricky to say. Probably Bellamy as unproven, ex-nodge and a loud-mouth. Plus good players rarely (if ever) make good managers.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:29 - Apr 3 with 3874 viewsWickwar_Blue

Nobody has mentioned Kenny Jackett yet!
Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:38 - Apr 3 with 3833 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jaaaap Staaaaaam.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:39 - Apr 3 with 3817 viewsJ2BLUE

Not a popular opinion but I wouldn't mind Sherwood.

You can keep the rest of them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:40 - Apr 3 with 3815 viewsElderGrizzly

Kuqi would be up there alongside your list
Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:41 - Apr 3 with 3802 viewsN2_Blue

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:40 - Apr 3 by ElderGrizzly

Kuqi would be up there alongside your list

Pardew. Cannot stand the guy

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:43 - Apr 3 with 3799 viewsGuthrum

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:29 - Apr 3 by Wickwar_Blue

Nobody has mentioned Kenny Jackett yet!

He's ok, competent, but not much more than that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 21:12 - Apr 3 with 3720 viewsWarkystache

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:43 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

He's ok, competent, but not much more than that.

Bellamy. I'd want to kick his head in too much, especially if he goes with Huckerby as assistant.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 21:14 - Apr 3 with 3707 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jaap Stam

The club would be 1 season ticket holder less because of that

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 21:17 - Apr 3 with 3692 viewsWarkystache

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 21:14 - Apr 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Jaap Stam

Jaap's aye.

Think my knob could do a better job and that's as bald as the dutch maestro

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 21:57 - Apr 3 with 3591 viewsPJH

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 21:14 - Apr 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Jaap Stam

I agree that other than the return of Keane then Stam would be the worst one for me.
Bart would be finished here because he is not good enough with his feet to fit in with the oh so boring possession rubbish in your own third that Stam loves.
Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 22:01 - Apr 3 with 3567 viewsDarth_Koont

No idea really. Certain managers work at certain clubs and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind it.

So the worst appointment would be a manager who a sizeable proportion of the fans have already made up their mind about in a Joe Royle sort of way. I just don't think nowadays we're as patient and willing to admit we are wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 22:03 - Apr 3 with 3557 viewswkj

I think Tim Sherwood has been too ambitious in his job applications, I think with some experience and time he could come good. Megson, Di Canio, and Chopra for me

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 22:21 - Apr 3 with 3478 viewsipswich4life

Danny cowley
Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 23:45 - Apr 3 with 3295 viewsTrequartista

Why does Megson's name keep coming up? He hasn't managed a club for years.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 23:49 - Apr 3 with 3290 viewsHipsterectomy

Sounds like Stam had the problem Keane had i.e. playing with amazing players his whole career and then trying to get average lower league players playing the same way

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 00:00 - Apr 4 with 3273 viewsTIB

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 20:39 - Apr 3 by J2BLUE

Not a popular opinion but I wouldn't mind Sherwood.

You can keep the rest of them.

Not sure why Sherwood gets so much hate...some on that list are far worse.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 00:08 - Apr 4 with 3257 viewsHarryfromBath

I don't know about a specific name - The 'who do you not want' list on SpruceMoose's thread is frankly quite terrifying - but a case can be made that we need a strong personality to follow on from Mick.

If we look at the Wolves precedent after Mick departed, the appointment of the consensual Solbakken was catastrophic. Mick created a strong sense of unity and purpose within his squad both there and here before he left, and you could argue the last thing we need is a Python-esque autonomous collective.

I may be wrong on this, and there has been a history with England managers of hiring someone who was 'not the previous guy', but someone who will unite the club with a clear philosophy of how they to play the game (ideally on the front foot) would be the preferred attributes on my moon-on-a-stick wish-list,

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 00:08 - Apr 4 with 3255 viewsHipsterectomy

I'm surprised Heckingbottom is still at Leeds with a win rate of 20%

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 00:56 - Apr 4 with 3195 viewsjennygw

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 23:20]
Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 04:58 - Apr 4 with 3139 viewsLuk38644

Who would be the worst possible appointment? on 00:08 - Apr 4 by HarryfromBath

I don't know about a specific name - The 'who do you not want' list on SpruceMoose's thread is frankly quite terrifying - but a case can be made that we need a strong personality to follow on from Mick.

If we look at the Wolves precedent after Mick departed, the appointment of the consensual Solbakken was catastrophic. Mick created a strong sense of unity and purpose within his squad both there and here before he left, and you could argue the last thing we need is a Python-esque autonomous collective.

I may be wrong on this, and there has been a history with England managers of hiring someone who was 'not the previous guy', but someone who will unite the club with a clear philosophy of how they to play the game (ideally on the front foot) would be the preferred attributes on my moon-on-a-stick wish-list,

If you want a manager to implement a philosophy and style on the team, Warburton fits the bill really well.

I think he'd be a really good fit for us, hence why I want him, Mowbray or the enigma that is Maurice Steijn!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024