Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? 14:42 - Apr 12 with 26067 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Mine was meeting Paul Taylor in a bar, nasty little scrote he is, swearing and gobbing on the floor.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 14:44]

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:05 - Apr 12 with 5838 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:03 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Not a Town player, and I never met him, so off topic completely, but about 4 years ago in my single days I got talking to a girl in a bar in Shoreditch, we got on quite well and I must admit I did fancy her. She said she was from Norwich so had a bit of common ground in both being from East Anglia etc. I didn't think much of it then. Anyway we saw each other a few times after that and it was only on about date 3 or 4 that she said she had a confession (I must've mentioned I support Ipswich at some point). Her dad was / is a retired Norwich footballer. Not just a fleeting season or something either, probably classed a legend there (not that he's got much competition to be fair). It was never going to work after that. Shame, she was nice other than that.

Crook? That goon who scored against Bayern? That's all their legends isn't it? Unless you were on a date with Angus Gunn.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:08 - Apr 12 with 5833 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:01 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

I wonder how many of our current squad actually live in Ipswich, let alone frequent the boozers on offer. The way things have been this seen, must be far more hassle than it's worth going out in town.

RKD used to work in a very popular pub in town and Bullard used to go in there a bit.

If I remember correctly he was always acting the goat and if anyone asked what he did for a living he told them he was a dustman.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:08 - Apr 12 with 5827 viewsRadlett_blue

You were lucky he didn't punch you.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:10 - Apr 12 with 5807 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:01 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

I wonder how many of our current squad actually live in Ipswich, let alone frequent the boozers on offer. The way things have been this seen, must be far more hassle than it's worth going out in town.

Saw Milton and Mings in a bar in town a few years ago. Just the two of them, no other ITFC employee in sight.

They looked a right odd couple sat in the corner hardly speaking to each other
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:11 - Apr 12 with 5794 viewsclive_baker

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:05 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

Crook? That goon who scored against Bayern? That's all their legends isn't it? Unless you were on a date with Angus Gunn.

Neither. I mean 'legend' in the sense he made a shed load of appearances.

Needless to say, I don't think he won anything...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:11 - Apr 12 with 5790 viewsITFC_Forever

None really.

Danny Sonner was a bit arrogant I suppose when I spoke to him in Chicagos once, but wasn't rude as such.

All the others I have spoken to have always been polite and ok. Highlight was probably speaking to Alan Brazil outside Wembley Stadium before the Euro 2000 Qualification Play-off in 1999.... he looked alarmed when we call out "Hi Alan", but soon relaxed when we introduced ourselves as Town fans and chatted for a few minutes before he headed off to perform his Talk Sport duties.

Also bumped in to Chris Kiwomya at Barnet vs Torquay when he was our reserve coach, again he looked alarmed when we started to engage in conversation until we introduced ourselves as Town fans and he was fine then.

Mick Mills (and Brenner Woolley) were more than happy to chat on the train to Norwich last season - Mick even signed my match ticket.

George Burley was happy to chat at Martlesham Kingpin when he was at the height of his powers as manager here.

Most recently, Chambo was a top man in the barbers in town less than 24 hours after it was announced Mick was going at the end of the season... he was more than happy to discuss the situation and was very honest in his answers.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:13 - Apr 12 with 5775 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:57 - Apr 12 by TIB

Met Warky when I was about 6 years old...told him I supported Man Utd and I just remember this big old tache leaning down towards me and calling me a c**t...that's a lie...he gave me a patronising rub on the head.

I remember seeing Warky several times at the John Players social club in Maidenhall. He'd often pop by and watch a bit of the cricket. Lovely bloke.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 15:15]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:14 - Apr 12 with 5779 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

I made out with Michael Chopra on a drunken night out in liquid, when i got home i realised my wallet was missing and had a pain in my rear end.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Login to get fewer ads

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:15 - Apr 12 with 5761 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:11 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

None really.

Danny Sonner was a bit arrogant I suppose when I spoke to him in Chicagos once, but wasn't rude as such.

All the others I have spoken to have always been polite and ok. Highlight was probably speaking to Alan Brazil outside Wembley Stadium before the Euro 2000 Qualification Play-off in 1999.... he looked alarmed when we call out "Hi Alan", but soon relaxed when we introduced ourselves as Town fans and chatted for a few minutes before he headed off to perform his Talk Sport duties.

Also bumped in to Chris Kiwomya at Barnet vs Torquay when he was our reserve coach, again he looked alarmed when we started to engage in conversation until we introduced ourselves as Town fans and he was fine then.

Mick Mills (and Brenner Woolley) were more than happy to chat on the train to Norwich last season - Mick even signed my match ticket.

George Burley was happy to chat at Martlesham Kingpin when he was at the height of his powers as manager here.

Most recently, Chambo was a top man in the barbers in town less than 24 hours after it was announced Mick was going at the end of the season... he was more than happy to discuss the situation and was very honest in his answers.

Oooh what did Chambers say? Did he use the word 'numbskulls' at all?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:19 - Apr 12 with 5751 viewsReuser_is_God

I saw Ryan Tunnicliffe & Paul Taylor on a night out.

Tunnicliffe made Taylor seem like an upstanding member of the community.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:20 - Apr 12 with 5725 viewsKieran_Knows

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:19 - Apr 12 by Reuser_is_God

I saw Ryan Tunnicliffe & Paul Taylor on a night out.

Tunnicliffe made Taylor seem like an upstanding member of the community.

TWTD.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:26 - Apr 12 with 5683 viewsGeoffSentence

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:03 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Not a Town player, and I never met him, so off topic completely, but about 4 years ago in my single days I got talking to a girl in a bar in Shoreditch, we got on quite well and I must admit I did fancy her. She said she was from Norwich so had a bit of common ground in both being from East Anglia etc. I didn't think much of it then. Anyway we saw each other a few times after that and it was only on about date 3 or 4 that she said she had a confession (I must've mentioned I support Ipswich at some point). Her dad was / is a retired Norwich footballer. Not just a fleeting season or something either, probably classed a legend there (not that he's got much competition to be fair). It was never going to work after that. Shame, she was nice other than that.

You should have defiled her out of spite.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:26 - Apr 12 with 5683 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:11 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

None really.

George Burley managed Kingpin?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:28 - Apr 12 with 5660 viewsfactual_blue

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:53 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

I always thought he batted for the other side.

You spelt 'hoped' wrongly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:34 - Apr 12 with 5623 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:28 - Apr 12 by factual_blue

You spelt 'hoped' wrongly.

Thought you might be posting about the time you met Jimmy McLuckie.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:35 - Apr 12 with 5630 viewsCuffy81

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:26 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

Chopra and Cresswell in Pals a good few years ago.

Chopra was as you would expect, hammered with a tray of shots standing on a table, didn't really try and engage

Cresswell was a pleasant chap, said he was really enjoying his football and loved being at Town
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:36 - Apr 12 with 5617 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:34 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

Thought you might be posting about the time you met Jimmy McLuckie.

When I saw Factual talking to Sheepy at Prague airport it looked like he was up Sheepys bum then.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:36 - Apr 12 with 5620 viewsKieran_Knows

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:35 - Apr 12 by Cuffy81

Chopra was as you would expect, hammered with a tray of shots standing on a table, didn't really try and engage

Cresswell was a pleasant chap, said he was really enjoying his football and loved being at Town

Agree about Cresswell, saw him in Pals/Rev's (whatever you want to call it) just before he left for West Ham. Was happy to stand around and have a chat.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:36 - Apr 12 with 5615 viewsITFC_Forever

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:26 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

Yep. He gave us free shoe hire.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:39 - Apr 12 with 5598 viewsmrshallisfit

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:46 - Apr 12 by Darth_Koont

Picture an uncooked Lincolnshire sausage on a bed of grated carrot.

Ummmmm. Bed of grated carrot.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:40 - Apr 12 with 5596 viewsITFC_Forever

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:36 - Apr 12 by Kieran_Knows

Agree about Cresswell, saw him in Pals/Rev's (whatever you want to call it) just before he left for West Ham. Was happy to stand around and have a chat.

You've reminded me, Cresswell is another one.

Met him the kids play centre off Cavendish Street (Snakes & Ladders?). He was with some relatives that looked like they were visiting from Merseyside and they had a young toddler with them, so they were on a family outing to the play centre.

Was a few days after we played Bournemouth away between Christmas and New Year, so must have been in the 2013-14 season and he was friendly and chatty.... was recounting the tale of his awful across our penalty area pass he made in the game which went straight to one of their blokes who promptly missed.... "please don't score, please don't score" was the gist of his reaction to his pass....

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:42 - Apr 12 with 5584 viewsSpruceMoose

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:35 - Apr 12 by Cuffy81

I'm surprised Chopra dared go out in public what with all the gangsters after him.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:43 - Apr 12 with 5570 viewsIllinoisblue

Met Chris Makin in Liquid one night. Arrogant manc c unit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:45 - Apr 12 with 5561 viewsBlueNomad

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:40 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

You've reminded me, Cresswell is another one.

Met him the kids play centre off Cavendish Street (Snakes & Ladders?). He was with some relatives that looked like they were visiting from Merseyside and they had a young toddler with them, so they were on a family outing to the play centre.

Was a few days after we played Bournemouth away between Christmas and New Year, so must have been in the 2013-14 season and he was friendly and chatty.... was recounting the tale of his awful across our penalty area pass he made in the game which went straight to one of their blokes who promptly missed.... "please don't score, please don't score" was the gist of his reaction to his pass....

It was Fraser who ballooned it over the bar after Cressy's gift pass.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:45 - Apr 12 with 5558 viewsDubtractor

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 14:49 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

I think my only bad experiences are Bobby Robson calling me a hooligan and being in the same pub as Danny Sonner.

It was The Town House and he was p1ssed and on his own and kept walking up and down and shouting his name out. He really was quite the idiot.

Aside from that I can't really think of any bad experiences - although Chris Kiwomya was a bit taken aback recently when I said he looked a bit like David Johnson.

Danny Sonner used to spend a lot of time in Bar Extreme.

Did seem a bit of a bell.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024