Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? 14:42 - Apr 12 with 25985 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Mine was meeting Paul Taylor in a bar, nasty little scrote he is, swearing and gobbing on the floor.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 14:44]

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:39 - Apr 12 with 5955 viewsitfcjoe

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:32 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

I don't know why but that just reminded me of an incident in a kebab shop with (I can't remember his bloody name)

xxxxxx was being a dick with some girls and I mentioned he might want to leave and get a taxi when he then put his head in my face and started giving it. I mentioned that he was also a cr4p footballer whereupon he advised me that Man C had just paid £1.5m for him - although my recollection is that it went to a tribunual.

What was his name?Centre back, gingerish.

Tony Vaughan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:40 - Apr 12 with 5949 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:39 - Apr 12 by itfcjoe

Tony Vaughan

Thats the muppet.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:54 - Apr 12 with 5908 viewsbritbiker

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:26 - Apr 12 by GeoffSentence

You should have defiled her out of spite.

should have let her have a go on top. would have been a new experience for her.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:58 - Apr 12 with 5891 viewsSteve_M

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:40 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

Thats the muppet.

He was really crap for them too, so looks like you were right.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:59 - Apr 12 with 5890 viewsWickets

Jimmy Leadbetter stood on my arm once when he was playing for Sudbury, accidental i think.!
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 02:15 - Apr 13 with 5686 viewsBluespeed225

Gerraint Williams in The Golf, 2 chrimbo's ago, very nice chap, they had a buffet going in the pool room, offered me a saus'roll'. Lovely stuff.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 09:54 - Apr 13 with 5573 viewsCambonbleu

Saw Titus Bramble and Marcus Bent in a bar in Cardinal Park once

A former friend of mine, who's an imbecile, wandered up to Marcus and asked "are you Darren Bent". He got a bit cross. Titus bought us all a drink. Just remember Titus being built like a wardrobe!

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 10:01 - Apr 13 with 5570 viewsReuser_is_God

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 20:32 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

I don't know why but that just reminded me of an incident in a kebab shop with (I can't remember his bloody name)

xxxxxx was being a dick with some girls and I mentioned he might want to leave and get a taxi when he then put his head in my face and started giving it. I mentioned that he was also a cr4p footballer whereupon he advised me that Man C had just paid £1.5m for him - although my recollection is that it went to a tribunual.

What was his name?Centre back, gingerish.

My mate once started on Alex Bruce, Walters & McCauley in a Kebab shop.

He was never going to win that one.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 10:02]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 10:26 - Apr 13 with 5550 viewsurbanblue

Back in the day I was trying to get served at the bar of Traceys. It was rammed and I had made it to the front waving my money around when an arm came over my shoulder holding a fiver in front of mine. I turned round to remonstrate only to be greeted by the face of Big Allan Hunter looking down at me with a snarly look on his face.

I moved aside!!
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 10:43 - Apr 13 with 5520 viewsBurwell_Blue

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 15:45 - Apr 12 by Dubtractor

Danny Sonner used to spend a lot of time in Bar Extreme.

Did seem a bit of a bell.

Was out of my face in a pub in London when Burley walked in with one of the directors of Derby County and their new signing (who I broke on the DCFC forum with a picture) - George was happy to chat and bought me a beer.

Marcus Bent once asked my now-ex wife for her number when I pulled up alongside him in his Porsche 911 at some lights in Ipswich but he was only messing about.

Sat next to Wark watching Billy Connolly a few years back at the Regent. Great chap.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 16:11]
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:01 - Apr 13 with 5507 viewsDebsyAngel

Not the worst but was having a birthday lunch in the place in Fore Street that is now a Chinese restaurant, when it was still an Italian restaurant.

Titus Bramble was in there and the friend I was with went over to him (as I was too scared to) to ask him for his autograph, and said it was my birthday. He then spotted a traffic warden about to put a ticket on his car outside the place, and dashed off.

My friend was slagging him off, "typical footballer" - BUT about 20 mins later, Titus returned with a big photo of himself and signed it for me and left again!

Also had a coffee with John McGreal in the place in the Walk opposite where the Wharf used to be (which again, neither longer exists now), I plucked up courage to say hello and he welcomed me to sit with him!
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:28 - Apr 13 with 5476 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mine wasn't a player but its one of those memories I will never forget

Sir Alf Ramsey memorial in the church near mcd's in town

Walking up with my dad, sheepshanks was welcoming people into the church, shaking hands etc

My dad being the proud town fan that he is upon arriving at Sheepy let out in no way hush hush " GOING TO GET 3 POINTS TODAY MATE! "

I could have died.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:31 - Apr 13 with 5471 viewsHeathlander

Like most not a bad experience.

My old man used to own a pawnbrokers in Foxhall Road with his mate. Some of the footballers used to come in there. Beattie, Hunter and Robin Turner.

Beattie and Turner came round the house once as it was a hot day and we had a swimming pool.

Beattie had a crap whilst he was there. So that's a slight claim to fame.

Also pulled up beside Marcus Bent in his sports car near the roundabout where the Novetel was. My kids were in the back and he looked over, smiled and stuck his tounge out at them, which made them laugh. seemed like a nice bloke. Also he had so much talent on his day he could be unplayable. should have played for England.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:38 - Apr 13 with 5452 viewsSteve_M

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:31 - Apr 13 by Heathlander

My old man used to own a pawnbrokers in Foxhall Road with his mate. Some of the footballers used to come in there. Beattie, Hunter and Robin Turner.

Beattie and Turner came round the house once as it was a hot day and we had a swimming pool.

Also pulled up beside Marcus Bent in his sports car near the roundabout where the Novetel was. My kids were in the back and he looked over, smiled and stuck his tounge out at them, which made them laugh. seemed like a nice bloke. Also he had so much talent on his day he could be unplayable. should have played for England.

Phil would probably prefer it if you clarify that Beattie didn't have a crap in the swimming pool.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:40 - Apr 13 with 5443 viewsDarth_Koont

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:38 - Apr 13 by Steve_M

Phil would probably prefer it if you clarify that Beattie didn't have a crap in the swimming pool.

It's Beattie. He can do what he wants.

I just thought, "Fair enough".

Pronouns: He/Him

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:46 - Apr 13 with 5431 viewsHeathlander

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:38 - Apr 13 by Steve_M

he did though, off the 10M high diving board.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:08 - Apr 13 with 5396 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

I've had a few, but none negative, maybe because they've all been players of the MM era so were all proper, good blokes.

I walked past Luke Hyam once when he was walking through the Buttermarket on crutches (shock) with an ITFC employee, but I just said "Alright Luke?" as I walked past, to which he replied "Yeah, you?". Also once met Cameron Stewart who was in a rush to get off so wasn't the chattiest of people. More recently I met Jonas Knudsen in a restaurant in January 2016. He was paying for his food when I was eating and as he got up I went over to ask "Excuse me, you're Jonas Knudsen, right?". I got a picture taken with him and he was really nice and was happy to talk to my mum and I.

Other than that, I'm mates with Ted Bishop and I've been over to his (old) house, met his family multiple times. He loves the town and the club and is so grounded, with lots of time for the fans - he's not the arrogant, wannabe model people always make him out to be, if anything he's shy and hates the limelight!
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:15 - Apr 13 with 5382 viewsCuffy81

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:31 - Apr 13 by Heathlander

Agreed on Marcus Bent, saw him one night outside the burger van outside Yates, had a good chat about football and he bought our burgers for us.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:27 - Apr 13 with 5356 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:15 - Apr 13 by Cuffy81

Agreed on Marcus Bent, saw him one night outside the burger van outside Yates, had a good chat about football and he bought our burgers for us.

Another one I had forgotten about. I've mentioned it before as it still infuriates me to this day.

In Milan we were staying in the same hotel as the team. A very young RKD was a wannabe goalie at the time and took his gloves over for his hero Sereni to sign. As all the players walked in from training there were loads of ITFC happy clapping autograph hunters and we waited for Sereni. He took the gloves, signed them as it was beneath him and walked away without even saying a hello.

I sent daughter Lucan to the bar for a tray of drinks which she nearly dropped when her big love Richard Naylor walked in.

Oh and Lady Lucan fancied Matt Holland and mysteriously got stuck in the lift with him

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 13:29 - Apr 13 with 5302 viewsRadlett_blue

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:15 - Apr 13 by Cuffy81

Sadly, like so many footballers, it doesn't seem to have gone well for Marcus Bent after he stopped playing:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35554390

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 22:34 - Apr 13 with 5126 viewsBluespeed225

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 11:28 - Apr 13 by FrimleyBlue

Mine wasn't a player but its one of those memories I will never forget

Sir Alf Ramsey memorial in the church near mcd's in town

Walking up with my dad, sheepshanks was welcoming people into the church, shaking hands etc

My dad being the proud town fan that he is upon arriving at Sheepy let out in no way hush hush " GOING TO GET 3 POINTS TODAY MATE! "

I could have died.

I was there! i just stood in the line, not expecting to get in, they kept doing about 10 at a time, and im in the last batch! Still got the order of service. It was great to see Bobby Charlton, and George Cohen speak. Think Jackie was there, Alan Ball, maybe Banks?? As you say, Sheepy doing the meet and greet. Think it was just before the play offs in 99'.
What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:29 - Apr 14 with 4956 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 22:34 - Apr 13 by Bluespeed225

I was there! i just stood in the line, not expecting to get in, they kept doing about 10 at a time, and im in the last batch! Still got the order of service. It was great to see Bobby Charlton, and George Cohen speak. Think Jackie was there, Alan Ball, maybe Banks?? As you say, Sheepy doing the meet and greet. Think it was just before the play offs in 99'.

I went to the funeral, well I just stood outside, I didn't think the general riff raff would be allowed in.

When he died I went down to PR and hung an old scarf I had, there was nothing else laid. To this day I am staggered by the lack of respect we paid. As much as I hate Liverpool they would have bombarded the place with flowers and tributes.

My scarf was on Anglia News, it was mentioned as "The lone Tribute"

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:35 - Apr 14 with 4946 viewsTrequartista

Did he walk on the water?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:41 - Apr 14 with 4929 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:35 - Apr 14 by Trequartista

That's brilliant, thanks.

I had completely forgot about that song.

"Kevin Beattie walks on water, la a lal a lal a lah la lal la lah"

Brilliant!

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:43 - Apr 14 with 4921 viewssolemio

What is your worst experience meeting a town player? on 12:35 - Apr 14 by Trequartista

Don't be silly. Of course he did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024