Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick in the Guardian 13:19 - Apr 13 with 24969 viewsitfcjoe

Think this is a decent enough piece

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/apr/13/mick-mcarthy-forced-out-ip

The kind of all-too-common, delicate football-going flowers who are only too happy to dish out relentless abuse but swoon like Victorian ladies when any comes back their way

and

Worryingly, it sounded like the cruel baying of an angry, entitled mob of ingrates determined to stick a few last boots into the twitching corpse of an otherwise well-respected man

Made me laugh

And for balance so the numbskulls don't cry

Whatever you make of this contradictory stance, their frustrations are completely understandable. They are bored with the tedium of it all. They have not seen their team contest an FA Cup fourth-round match in six years. They have not beaten Norwich in nine attempts. Attendances are dwindling accordingly.

Change is overdue. They know it and so did McCarthy.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 13:22]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bit like all the tweets, eh? (n/t) on 11:36 - Apr 14 with 1944 viewstextbackup

Bit like all the tweets, eh? (n/t) on 09:47 - Apr 14 by Bloots

TWEETS and posts driving me mad!
He’s gone ffs, we can move on.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick in the Guardian on 11:37 - Apr 14 with 1942 viewsstonojnr

Mick in the Guardian on 09:04 - Apr 14 by bluesym

Not for a while yet i would imagine.Still too many people on both sides of the fence looking for the last word.
So tedious.

Im fully expecting it to go on well into next season regardless of the results we'll be seeing the Mick in/Mick Out stuff everyone claiming they were right and the others were wrong.

much in the same way people still foam at the mouth about Jordan Rhodes who hasn't been a town player now for nearly 10 years.
Mick in the Guardian on 11:38 - Apr 14 with 1944 viewstextbackup

Mick in the Guardian on 11:04 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

Yes. Not quite sure why people see any problem talking about Mick after 5 and a half years in charge.

It also ties into the discussion about his successor — and what we should be looking for/expecting. Or shouldn't we talk about that either?

It’s not that’s it’s talked about, it’s more it’s the same sht being said every time, I really don’t see the need in multiple posts about the bloke now he’s gone.
But by all means you talk about what you like, didn’t say you couldn’t

Mick in the Guardian on 11:40 - Apr 14 with 1941 viewsbraveblue

Why continue with this? Get behind the club and encourage everyone to do so. It is tiresome.
Mick in the Guardian on 13:41 - Apr 14 with 1898 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick in the Guardian on 11:38 - Apr 14 by textbackup

It’s not that’s it’s talked about, it’s more it’s the same sht being said every time, I really don’t see the need in multiple posts about the bloke now he’s gone.
But by all means you talk about what you like, didn’t say you couldn’t

No, there have been lots of different views.

Is it because very few of those opinions match yours?

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick in the Guardian on 13:47 - Apr 14 with 1896 viewsDyland

Mick in the Guardian on 11:40 - Apr 14 by braveblue

Why continue with this? Get behind the club and encourage everyone to do so. It is tiresome.

To be honest I'm going to find it hard forgetting Mick and the fans falling out and swearing at each other and all of them (including Mick) being a massive melting bunch of pathetic snowflakes.

Of course I'm behind the ITFC though. COYFB.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Mick in the Guardian on 13:56 - Apr 14 with 1886 viewsGeoffSentence

Mick in the Guardian on 11:37 - Apr 14 by stonojnr

Im fully expecting it to go on well into next season regardless of the results we'll be seeing the Mick in/Mick Out stuff everyone claiming they were right and the others were wrong.

much in the same way people still foam at the mouth about Jordan Rhodes who hasn't been a town player now for nearly 10 years.

Yeah, but to be fair we should never have sold him and if we were going to we should have flogged him for a bit more than the peanuts we got. 'kin Roy Keane, what a numbskull he was.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mick in the Guardian on 15:01 - Apr 14 with 1868 viewstextbackup

Mick in the Guardian on 13:41 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

No, there have been lots of different views.

Is it because very few of those opinions match yours?

yes, yes that's a good boy, you are completely right.

or, as I said, its a pointless conversation to be had, he's gone, why fcking waffle on and on and on about what has been topic of conversation the last 2/3 years, shows to me that Mick really did become bigger than the club. you guys need to move on now, he isn't here to defend anymore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024