Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one 15:31 - May 23 with 6072 viewsginkyblue

who wants Burley to take charge?

Poll: Letting smoke bomb off

Am I the only one on 15:32 - May 23 with 4089 viewsSpruceMoose

I think there are a handful of other nutters floating about.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Am I the only one on 15:32 - May 23 with 4079 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Hopefully yes
Am I the only one on 15:56 - May 23 with 4036 viewsLightningboy

No,i’d be more than happy to see George back.

But God forbid we bring back the last guy who was actually successful at this club.

I hope the new guy is announced soon cos I don’t think I can trawl through the garbage on this forum much longer.
Am I the only one on 15:56 - May 23 with 4037 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be honest, I would be OK with any of the following;

Paul Hurst
Jack Ross
Frank Lampard
George Burley

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Am I the only one on 15:59 - May 23 with 4022 viewsskyblue23

I'm one of the nutters who would have him back in a heart beat. 7/8 years out the game doesn't bother me as his style of football is still very relevant. He gives the youngsters a chance, plays attacking football and only went wrong with money (Which we have none of).

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Am I the only one on 16:28 - May 23 with 3983 viewschristiand

Am I the only one on 15:59 - May 23 by skyblue23

I'm one of the nutters who would have him back in a heart beat. 7/8 years out the game doesn't bother me as his style of football is still very relevant. He gives the youngsters a chance, plays attacking football and only went wrong with money (Which we have none of).

Knowing and understanding how to play good football is never forgotten. The fact GB has not managed since 2012 does not diminish his coaching skills and knowledge in getting teams to play a decent style of football.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Am I the only one on 16:32 - May 23 with 3973 viewsArcher4721

Is it 1994 again?
Am I the only one on 16:35 - May 23 with 3960 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Am I the only one on 16:32 - May 23 by Archer4721

Is it 1994 again?

Was that question asked on this internet forum alot back then?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one on 16:35 - May 23 with 3961 viewsclive_baker

He wouldn't be at the top of my list, but he would certainly feature higher than a number of the usual suspects whose names you see floating around. Pardew etc.

If I opened up TWTD and saw 'Burley's Back' then I can't say there wouldn't be a little bit of me that wasn't absolutely buzzing with the news. Partly based on sentiment, without doubt. What we've lacked for so long is a bit of excitement and a connection between management and supporters. He would definitely offer that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Am I the only one on 16:36 - May 23 with 3955 viewsBloomBlue

Am I the only one on 16:28 - May 23 by christiand

Knowing and understanding how to play good football is never forgotten. The fact GB has not managed since 2012 does not diminish his coaching skills and knowledge in getting teams to play a decent style of football.

I give you Brian Clough. A far superior manager to Burley and he lost it as he got older.
Am I the only one on 16:47 - May 23 with 3920 viewschristiand

Am I the only one on 16:36 - May 23 by BloomBlue

I give you Brian Clough. A far superior manager to Burley and he lost it as he got older.

Brian Clough lost it in his last season at Forest, although his drinking certainly didn't help. When he sold Teddy Sherringham to Spurs and replaced him with Gary Bannister and Robert Rosario what would you expect? So no, I completely disagree with you BloomBlue if you think that it was a rapid decline because it wasn't and I was there for the last three years of Clough's reign at the tricky trees.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 16:48]

Am I the only one on 16:50 - May 23 with 3903 viewscrazyblue68

He has more experience at this level than Ross or Hurst. Knows the club inside out. Id have him back.
Am I the only one on 16:51 - May 23 with 3901 viewsReuser_is_God

Am I the only one on 16:35 - May 23 by clive_baker

He wouldn't be at the top of my list, but he would certainly feature higher than a number of the usual suspects whose names you see floating around. Pardew etc.

If I opened up TWTD and saw 'Burley's Back' then I can't say there wouldn't be a little bit of me that wasn't absolutely buzzing with the news. Partly based on sentiment, without doubt. What we've lacked for so long is a bit of excitement and a connection between management and supporters. He would definitely offer that.

1st choice - exciting appointment - e.g Ross
2nd choice - sentimental value - e.g Burley

3rd choice - run of the mill - e.g Grayson

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Am I the only one on 16:55 - May 23 with 3883 viewsBloomBlue

Am I the only one on 16:47 - May 23 by christiand

Brian Clough lost it in his last season at Forest, although his drinking certainly didn't help. When he sold Teddy Sherringham to Spurs and replaced him with Gary Bannister and Robert Rosario what would you expect? So no, I completely disagree with you BloomBlue if you think that it was a rapid decline because it wasn't and I was there for the last three years of Clough's reign at the tricky trees.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 16:48]

But he still lost it, as Burley did in his last season here
Am I the only one on 16:59 - May 23 with 3866 viewsginkyblue

Did GB even get an interview? I sincerely hope so.

Poll: Letting smoke bomb off

Am I the only one on 17:05 - May 23 with 3853 viewschristiand

Am I the only one on 16:55 - May 23 by BloomBlue

But he still lost it, as Burley did in his last season here

That last season wasn’t him, it was the drink. However, Clough had a managerial career of 28 years so implying that he ‘lost it’ or a failure based on that final season is poor judgement on your part. The season before his retirement (1991-92) they finished 8th in the league, reached the QF of the FA Cup and reached the finals of both the League and Full Members Cup. Not bad for a manager that was reportedly losing it!!!

Am I the only one on 17:35 - May 23 with 3811 viewsgazzer1999

No you are not the only one, there is plenty of the 'true' silent supporters that would have him back. If you look where we were in the league when he was asked to leave, was it any worse than what we have just experienced?
The people that want Ross or Hurst have never seen their teams play, Hurst it seems is a M Mac light, still hoof ball though. Both do not inspire me, I hope Ross goes to Sunderland and then pass judgement and the same with Hurst off to Derby.
I still do not understand why we do not appoint from within, we have some good up and coming players who must have been coached by some up and coming coaches already at the club, I would get GB back to assist those, and also make sure there is also place for Brian Klug to be involved in recognition for all his hard work he has put in that goes under the radar.
2nd choice for me would be Frank Lampard, he will definitely help raise our profile nationally,
Am I the only one on 17:37 - May 23 with 3807 viewsMullet

Am I the only one on 17:35 - May 23 by gazzer1999

No you are not the only one, there is plenty of the 'true' silent supporters that would have him back. If you look where we were in the league when he was asked to leave, was it any worse than what we have just experienced?
The people that want Ross or Hurst have never seen their teams play, Hurst it seems is a M Mac light, still hoof ball though. Both do not inspire me, I hope Ross goes to Sunderland and then pass judgement and the same with Hurst off to Derby.
I still do not understand why we do not appoint from within, we have some good up and coming players who must have been coached by some up and coming coaches already at the club, I would get GB back to assist those, and also make sure there is also place for Brian Klug to be involved in recognition for all his hard work he has put in that goes under the radar.
2nd choice for me would be Frank Lampard, he will definitely help raise our profile nationally,

What makes you boys "true" let alone know what football other people watch, especially in the case of Hurst?

The case for Burley is utter nostalgia and shaky at best. In reality, he's a pretty awful candidate for the top job especially when he comes with Butcher.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Am I the only one on 17:43 - May 23 with 3794 viewsgazzer1999

Am I the only one on 17:37 - May 23 by Mullet

What makes you boys "true" let alone know what football other people watch, especially in the case of Hurst?

The case for Burley is utter nostalgia and shaky at best. In reality, he's a pretty awful candidate for the top job especially when he comes with Butcher.

Nostalgia? what like Morrissey and Mullet?
Am I the only one on 17:46 - May 23 with 3782 viewsjas0999

It would remarkably seem not.
Am I the only one on 18:56 - May 23 with 3672 viewsANNA3ROA

Yes
Am I the only one on 19:16 - May 23 with 3641 viewsMullet

Am I the only one on 17:43 - May 23 by gazzer1999

That would work if I were suggesting either for the Ipswich job I guess. Otherwise, what are you talking about?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Am I the only one on 19:21 - May 23 with 3627 viewsflimflam

Yes

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Am I the only one on 19:23 - May 23 with 3622 viewsVeryStableGenius

Am I the only one on 17:43 - May 23 by gazzer1999

That joke isn’t funny anymore.
Am I the only one on 19:29 - May 23 with 3603 viewsKeaneish

Am I the only one on 17:37 - May 23 by Mullet

Why's he an awful candidate? Is it the Curbishley effect ie: being "out-of-the-game" for a number of years, whatever that means?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024