Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Townsend off to West Brom 15:54 - Jul 27 with 8005 viewsportmanking

Another deal that slips through the fingers...
Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:31 - Jul 27 with 1757 viewssyntaxerror

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:28 - Jul 27 by SpruceMoose

The challenge has been laid down! Can I provide 5, completely guessed, and see how we compare in ten years?!

Quick, google Football Manager 2018 top lower league wonderkids

and here you go.. choose 5 (just not Cherno Samba)

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/fm-2018-best-lower-league-players-to-sign
Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:32 - Jul 27 with 1752 viewsSpruceMoose

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:31 - Jul 27 by syntaxerror

Quick, google Football Manager 2018 top lower league wonderkids

and here you go.. choose 5 (just not Cherno Samba)

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/fm-2018-best-lower-league-players-to-sign

If Freddy Adu is not on that list I will be stunned.

I right fancy having a go on Football Manager now. Anyone know if the game runs ok on a not brand new laptop?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 20:33]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:36 - Jul 27 with 1739 viewsDanFord

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:22 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

So you knew Waghorn would be worth millions after one season? Mate you really should be working for a Championship club and on very big money as a scout.

Same with Mings...you knew?

I'll always give someone a chance. Post 5 of your top lower league picks because it strikes me as a bit odd that you never mention them until we're linked with them and suddenly you're claiming they are great players. Give me your five top picks. I know little about the lower leagues and i'm not going to take the piss.

Where have I said that. I said IF I’d have said that I’d have been ridiculous because you can’t suggest anything outside of general consensus without that happening. People would have laughed if you said Roberto Martinez would take a country to 3rd in the World Cup. If you really want them then off the top of my head my wish list for us - Jodi Jones, Rodney Kongolo (Doncaster on loan last year but at Man City), Josh Morris, Leonardo da Silva Lopes and Ezra Konsa. The last two have gone to Wigan and Brentford recently though. Marc McNulty I think will be superb for Reading. Very Marcus Stewart like player. I rate Tilt as you know. I have frequently said I love Adeleken (whose just gone to Bristol City).
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 20:39]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:39 - Jul 27 with 1730 viewsJ2BLUE

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:36 - Jul 27 by DanFord

Where have I said that. I said IF I’d have said that I’d have been ridiculous because you can’t suggest anything outside of general consensus without that happening. People would have laughed if you said Roberto Martinez would take a country to 3rd in the World Cup. If you really want them then off the top of my head my wish list for us - Jodi Jones, Rodney Kongolo (Doncaster on loan last year but at Man City), Josh Morris, Leonardo da Silva Lopes and Ezra Konsa. The last two have gone to Wigan and Brentford recently though. Marc McNulty I think will be superb for Reading. Very Marcus Stewart like player. I rate Tilt as you know. I have frequently said I love Adeleken (whose just gone to Bristol City).
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 20:39]

That was some quick googling

Cheers

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:40 - Jul 27 with 1727 viewsDanFord

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:39 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

That was some quick googling

Cheers

Well if I’ve picked any of some Internet lists of similar I’m happy to add some more names and we’ll review in a year.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:42 - Jul 27 with 1715 viewsSpruceMoose

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:40 - Jul 27 by DanFord

Well if I’ve picked any of some Internet lists of similar I’m happy to add some more names and we’ll review in a year.

How about a charity bet between you gentleman. $500 to a charity of my choosing!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:46 - Jul 27 with 1702 viewsDanFord

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:42 - Jul 27 by SpruceMoose

How about a charity bet between you gentleman. $500 to a charity of my choosing!

£16.99 surely. I’ll happily bet £16.99 that Townsend plays 70% of games next season he’s fit for for WBA next year and Tilt does likewise if he moves to the Championship this summer.

Oxford v Scunthorpe by DanFord 30 Mar 2018 12:55
Good to get another look at Adelekun. Another of my tips to rise through the divisions. He is either the next JET or next Mikail Antonio. I really rate him. Exactly the type we should be targeting.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:47 - Jul 27 with 1702 viewsJ2BLUE

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:42 - Jul 27 by SpruceMoose

Take your monopoly money elsewhere mate, this is serious business.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:47 - Jul 27 with 1697 viewsSpruceMoose

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:47 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

Take your monopoly money elsewhere mate, this is serious business.

You just hate charitable causes, other than wkj.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:49 - Jul 27 with 1690 viewsSpruceMoose

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:46 - Jul 27 by DanFord

£16.99 surely. I’ll happily bet £16.99 that Townsend plays 70% of games next season he’s fit for for WBA next year and Tilt does likewise if he moves to the Championship this summer.

Oxford v Scunthorpe by DanFord 30 Mar 2018 12:55
Good to get another look at Adelekun. Another of my tips to rise through the divisions. He is either the next JET or next Mikail Antonio. I really rate him. Exactly the type we should be targeting.

The next JET? I'm not sure you should be waving that kind of post around as evidence of your prediction prowess!

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:51 - Jul 27 with 1681 viewsJ2BLUE

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:49 - Jul 27 by SpruceMoose

The next JET? I'm not sure you should be waving that kind of post around as evidence of your prediction prowess!

Haha agreed, but fair play Dan you've answered the challenge and proved me wrong about only talking about players we've been linked with.

Apologies.

Truly impaired.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:54 - Jul 27 with 1673 viewsDanFord

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:49 - Jul 27 by SpruceMoose

Said he could be the next JET or Antonio in that he will either waste his talent or go to he very top. I wasn’t suggesting JET and Antonio were both massive success.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:57 - Jul 27 with 1664 viewsVic

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:18 - Jul 27 by DanFord

Bore off. It’s impossible to have instant proof of the talent of an unproven player. I could have said Waghorn would be worth £8m after a season but would be ridiculed and have to wait a year for justification. So stop being a complete tool. Townsend will likely end up at a lower league Premier League side. Tilt I think will be a good Championship centre back at least. Can’t be arsed to discuss with some utter numpty which players will be good in the future as without a time machine it’s a hiding to nothing.

Are you in football management at any level? With the degree of insight and accuracy of spotting talent you really ought to be you know.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:58 - Jul 27 with 1662 viewsDanFord

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:51 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

Haha agreed, but fair play Dan you've answered the challenge and proved me wrong about only talking about players we've been linked with.

Apologies.

I’ve simply said I think Tilt and Townsend will go onto be excellent as I was hoping we’d get both. I was happy with Edwards and Harrison. Think they’ll do well. Just expect Townsend to end up going the furthest of all four career wise.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 21:02 - Jul 27 with 1646 viewsJ2BLUE

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 20:58 - Jul 27 by DanFord

I’ve simply said I think Tilt and Townsend will go onto be excellent as I was hoping we’d get both. I was happy with Edwards and Harrison. Think they’ll do well. Just expect Townsend to end up going the furthest of all four career wise.

I just want a decent senior CB asap. Tilt would be great if he's that good. We've sold a CB for an initial £3m after Pompey's cut. Lets be generous and say £2.5m after agents fees and associated costs. We really need a CB. If the rumours are true and we're offering £800k and they want £1m I don't know why we don't just pay it. Hurst clearly rates him. We need a replacement for Webster. Personally i'd like to see two CBs but know some disagree with that.

Truly impaired.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 21:02 - Jul 27 with 1646 viewsVic

I see no one has been able to answer my very basic question! The OP says “another deal slips though our fingers”.

All I’m asking is “who are the others we have targeted and failed to get?”

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 21:13 - Jul 27 with 1630 viewsDanFord

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 21:02 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

I just want a decent senior CB asap. Tilt would be great if he's that good. We've sold a CB for an initial £3m after Pompey's cut. Lets be generous and say £2.5m after agents fees and associated costs. We really need a CB. If the rumours are true and we're offering £800k and they want £1m I don't know why we don't just pay it. Hurst clearly rates him. We need a replacement for Webster. Personally i'd like to see two CBs but know some disagree with that.

Likewise. I honestly believe Tilt at £1m would be a steal. I think in a couple of years he could easily move for four or five times that if he does as well as I think he will. He look like he’ll excel on higher divisions.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 08:10 - Jul 28 with 1433 viewsHerbivore

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 19:59 - Jul 27 by DanFord

I analyse sports data for a large private investor in the sports market. Specifically the football league. So as well as using the reasonably reliable stats from FIFA and FM, which are more sporadic the lower you go down, I also study all match results, scorers, appearances, player ratings and so on. So I tend to know a bit about the really promising players. Not as much on those who are just doing enough at their current level. If anything I know less about the PL apart from the games I watch and match of the day. Someone else does the PL.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 20:03]

Wait, what? You're basing your opinion that Townsend is definitely better than Knudsen on stats on Fifa and Football Manager and looking at appearances and player ratings? Mega lolz!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 08:22 - Jul 28 with 1412 viewsDanFord

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 08:10 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

Wait, what? You're basing your opinion that Townsend is definitely better than Knudsen on stats on Fifa and Football Manager and looking at appearances and player ratings? Mega lolz!

Nope. Not said that at all have I. All of those things play a very small part in it. They are deciding factors but can assist on occasion. If I know little about a player and both FIFA and FM say he’s got maximum pace then it’s fair to say they are quick before I see them with my own eyes. How many times were Cheltenham on last season. We were aware of Eisa very quickly. Soon everyone was. It wasn’t purely through seeing him live.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 08:43 - Jul 28 with 1392 viewsDanFord

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 08:10 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

In any event I’m sure Knudsen must be rated higher in all these games. So it’s qyite clear I’m not basing it off that.

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 09:57 - Jul 28 with 1360 viewsitfcjoe

Conor Townsend off to West Brom on 08:43 - Jul 28 by DanFord

In any event I’m sure Knudsen must be rated higher in all these games. So it’s qyite clear I’m not basing it off that.

I like how the manager who has worked with him wants to sign him, we put in a bid and fail to get him but fans can claim we don’t need him - Hurst obviously thought we did!

The manager is coming out and saying how we desperately need players, it’s clear he means 4 or 5 and not one or two.

If someone has said we would be 1 week from start of season with 6 defenders I’d have been annoyed, let alone the 6 we have!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024