Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards 07:03 - Jul 25 with 7967 viewsCurrie10

Yes probably collect 100 down arrows but hey ho.

From the team that ended last season, we've lost -
Iorfa / Bru / Hyam / McGoldrick / Webster / CCV / Connolly / Celina / Gleeson /Carayol

Granted, some of them big wages, injury problems etc....

We're about to lose, with not much time till the new season starts - Waghorn.

We've so far signed-
Harrison / Edwards / Roberts / Chalobah

Hopefully all do well, have good seasons.

Clearly we need a good few in.

Should we bid after Waghorn inevitibly does go, selling clubs are going to play hardball with the new season just around the corner.

Or am I being overly dramatic and need to go and get my breakfast!?!

Hope we do very well this season, and sure, you cannot judge the jigsaw until first game, transfer / loan window shut and 11 game ( 25% of season )

So we'll see :)
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:07 - Jul 25 with 3762 viewsMrTown

Which pre season games have seen so far??

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:11 - Jul 25 with 3748 viewsFtnfwest

Yes that team that ended last season so well. Four were loans so I assume we'd have more time to replace one or two. Two were short term and never a regular fixture in the side. All that was after 6 years of trying the same old thing, not 6 weeks. Stoll here's hoping it's going to work out
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:12 - Jul 25 with 3746 viewsCurrie10

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:07 - Jul 25 by MrTown

Which pre season games have seen so far??

Sorry we can do well pre season / pleased we are etc but quality tells come the start of the season.

We've lost some absolutely key players, especially CCV at CB. Webster a potential partnership with him. Connolly CM.

VERY good players at this level.

We've signed players who may be very good, however we're clearly numbers down on last season.

Now we're entertaining selling our best attacking asset with little time to replace.

Really not surprised by the bookies thoughts on us, we're clearly going to struggle this season.
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:12 - Jul 25 with 3731 viewsCurrie10

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:11 - Jul 25 by Ftnfwest

Yes that team that ended last season so well. Four were loans so I assume we'd have more time to replace one or two. Two were short term and never a regular fixture in the side. All that was after 6 years of trying the same old thing, not 6 weeks. Stoll here's hoping it's going to work out

Yeah true we'll know a lot more.

SURELY a very busy few days pre Blackburn !? :)
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:15 - Jul 25 with 3713 viewsFtnfwest

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:12 - Jul 25 by Currie10

Yeah true we'll know a lot more.

SURELY a very busy few days pre Blackburn !? :)

Yep. I am also assuming the loan window closes later?
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:19 - Jul 25 with 3686 viewsBenters2

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:15 - Jul 25 by Ftnfwest

Yep. I am also assuming the loan window closes later?

End of August innit?
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:22 - Jul 25 with 3677 viewsMrTown

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:12 - Jul 25 by Currie10

Sorry we can do well pre season / pleased we are etc but quality tells come the start of the season.

We've lost some absolutely key players, especially CCV at CB. Webster a potential partnership with him. Connolly CM.

VERY good players at this level.

We've signed players who may be very good, however we're clearly numbers down on last season.

Now we're entertaining selling our best attacking asset with little time to replace.

Really not surprised by the bookies thoughts on us, we're clearly going to struggle this season.

Pre season is the only assessment we can make on hurst, and having watched pre season can see implementing his personal approach.

Lost players are being repacked. Huws/Bishop/Adeyemi are new signings.

Chalobah replacement for CCV.

£8m for a player after 1 season is tremendous business, after purchasing your for 200,000 at 28 who DOES NOT want to be here.
Take the money and buy a player who wants to be here!! Young, hungry and exciting players to fit with our manager. Got behind the boys!!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:22 - Jul 25 with 3676 viewsCurrie10

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:19 - Jul 25 by Benters2

End of August innit?

Think so!

By my reckoning we require,,,,,

At least 1 striker if Waghorn goes, if not 2. Waghorn + Dids go = leaves us with Sears/Garner and youth. Uh oh spaghettio.... = 2 strikers.
Maintain Knudsen WILL end up going, would leave us with Kenlock......... = same as above.
= 1 new LB
Webster + CCV have both gone. We've got Chambers / Woolfenden + Chalobah!?
= 2 new CB
Not thrilled with us at RB to be honest but I'll leave that...........
CM = We have Skuse/ Dozza / Nydam / Downes.... ( I cannot count Bishop/Huws/Adeyemi sorry = new CM required.
Winger = Patently require one.

Shopping list to be competitive, and I'm not talking a play off push =

Cb / Cb/ Lb / Cm / Winger / Striker / Striker.

Don't sort that lot out, and we're relying on sicknotes being fit, and the kids really pushing on this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:51 - Jul 25 with 3603 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You’re being dramatic.

At least half of those players mentioned my little or no contribution last year.

Losing them means Hurst is able to replace with players he feels will make a positive contribution.

CCV and Celina were always going to go, and I expect more loan signings in addition to Chalobah.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:53 - Jul 25 with 3593 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:11 - Jul 25 by Ftnfwest

Indeed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:08 - Jul 25 with 3542 viewscasanovacrow

Yup we are looking light on numbers, but if we sell Waghorn we can get a few more bodies in, we have a number of younger players ready to feature and how many of those we lost were good/fit enough to play a full season?

Keep the faith
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:24 - Jul 25 with 3496 viewsmuccletonjoe

Main problem for me is , we have seen fit to lose Berra, Smith and Webster and got in no one at all to replace any of them.
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:24 - Jul 25 with 3485 viewsunbelievablue

It's called the beginning of a rebuild. Gripes.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:26 - Jul 25 with 3472 viewsBackToRussia

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:24 - Jul 25 by unbelievablue

It's called the beginning of a rebuild. Gripes.

Every summer it's the same berks posting two weeks before the transfer window is shut that we're fooked for the season.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:30 - Jul 25 with 3467 viewsHerbivore

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:22 - Jul 25 by Currie10

Think so!

By my reckoning we require,,,,,

At least 1 striker if Waghorn goes, if not 2. Waghorn + Dids go = leaves us with Sears/Garner and youth. Uh oh spaghettio.... = 2 strikers.
Maintain Knudsen WILL end up going, would leave us with Kenlock......... = same as above.
= 1 new LB
Webster + CCV have both gone. We've got Chambers / Woolfenden + Chalobah!?
= 2 new CB
Not thrilled with us at RB to be honest but I'll leave that...........
CM = We have Skuse/ Dozza / Nydam / Downes.... ( I cannot count Bishop/Huws/Adeyemi sorry = new CM required.
Winger = Patently require one.

Shopping list to be competitive, and I'm not talking a play off push =

Cb / Cb/ Lb / Cm / Winger / Striker / Striker.

Don't sort that lot out, and we're relying on sicknotes being fit, and the kids really pushing on this season.

Don't be daft. 7 players? You also seem unaware we've just signed a striker, he played last night. If Waghorn goes we need to replace him, if Knudsen goes (no indication he will) we need to replace him too. Otherwise we need a CB and a winger/attacking midfielder and that's about it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:37 - Jul 25 with 3438 viewsRadlett_blue

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 07:22 - Jul 25 by MrTown

Pre season is the only assessment we can make on hurst, and having watched pre season can see implementing his personal approach.

Lost players are being repacked. Huws/Bishop/Adeyemi are new signings.

Chalobah replacement for CCV.

£8m for a player after 1 season is tremendous business, after purchasing your for 200,000 at 28 who DOES NOT want to be here.
Take the money and buy a player who wants to be here!! Young, hungry and exciting players to fit with our manager. Got behind the boys!!

None of Huws, Bishop & Adeyemi are fit yet. While it would be foolish to rush any of them back, it would be optimistic to expect all of them to play a major part next season.
The squad looks painfully thin. No doubt that Hurst is trying to bring in new players & hopefully the delay is indicative that he is looking for the players he wants, rather than filling up the squad with dross.
We also need to get Knudsen's situation resolved - he has a year left on his contract so get him to sign a new deal or sell him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:38 - Jul 25 with 3427 viewsSuperfrans

We the definitely going forward in terms of playing style and intent, based on last night.

Sure, we need to get the personnel right, but I have no doubt that we’re moving forward after last night. We all need to be patient and cautious, we asked for a change, we have got it, but it will take some time to implement.

My concern would be that we’re not competitive at the start of the season, because we’re either bedding in the new players, are short of personnel or are still acclimatising to the new style of play. August/September is about staying in touch with mid-table and giving ourselves a chance through the season. If we get into a relegation battle with a young, inexperienced squad, we could be in big trouble.

I saw someone last night who said they liked how we played but were concerned that we don’t look like a promotion team yet. That’s totally the wrong level of expectation. Anyone who thinks that’s where we should be is way off.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:37 - Jul 27 with 3263 viewsCurrie10

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 08:30 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

Don't be daft. 7 players? You also seem unaware we've just signed a striker, he played last night. If Waghorn goes we need to replace him, if Knudsen goes (no indication he will) we need to replace him too. Otherwise we need a CB and a winger/attacking midfielder and that's about it.

Yep 6 or 7 needed imo

2 cb a must

Lb if knudsen goes

Rb doesnt impress me new needed

Mc if huws adeyemi n bish cannot be relied upon

Winger.

Work needs doing. Waggy stays, 6 not 7
Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:47 - Jul 27 with 3214 viewsHerbivore

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:37 - Jul 27 by Currie10

Yep 6 or 7 needed imo

2 cb a must

Lb if knudsen goes

Rb doesnt impress me new needed

Mc if huws adeyemi n bish cannot be relied upon

Winger.

Work needs doing. Waggy stays, 6 not 7

As it stands we don't need any new full backs, we have at least two in each position. We need a CB for sure but the progress of Woolfenden means one will do imo. We don't need more CMs, we just need to get a couple of ours fit. Another winger would be useful, agreed, although Ward has had a good pre-season so we may be okay there too. We really don't need 6 or 7 players, we probably need 2 or 3 to give us a bit more quality and depth.

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:53 - Jul 27 with 3173 viewsJ2BLUE

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:47 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

As it stands we don't need any new full backs, we have at least two in each position. We need a CB for sure but the progress of Woolfenden means one will do imo. We don't need more CMs, we just need to get a couple of ours fit. Another winger would be useful, agreed, although Ward has had a good pre-season so we may be okay there too. We really don't need 6 or 7 players, we probably need 2 or 3 to give us a bit more quality and depth.

Why gamble our season by having only two senior CBs? We really need two. I don't care about Knudsen being able to play there etc. Chambers said two at the open day so oi'm hoping Hurst agrees. If we get one and then Chambers or the new CB get injured we are screwed.

If we could only sign two more players they should both be CBs IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:56 - Jul 27 with 3157 viewsflimflam

Lorfa = Emmanuel
Webster = Woolf
CCV = Tilt?
Gleeson = My Gran
Bru / Hyam / Connolly = Downes / Dozzell / Huws / Bishop / Chalobah / Adeyemi
Celina = Edwards
Waghorn = Harrison
McGoldrick = Incoming shortly
Carayol = Only played 2 minutes so dont count

Where do we need to get a few in?

Its obvious a centre half and another striker are incoming plus possibly another winger so as long as these happen then I think we will be stronger / fitter / quicker and younger than last season.

Good times.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:58 - Jul 27 with 3147 viewsJ2BLUE

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:56 - Jul 27 by flimflam

Lorfa = Emmanuel
Webster = Woolf
CCV = Tilt?
Gleeson = My Gran
Bru / Hyam / Connolly = Downes / Dozzell / Huws / Bishop / Chalobah / Adeyemi
Celina = Edwards
Waghorn = Harrison
McGoldrick = Incoming shortly
Carayol = Only played 2 minutes so dont count

Where do we need to get a few in?

Its obvious a centre half and another striker are incoming plus possibly another winger so as long as these happen then I think we will be stronger / fitter / quicker and younger than last season.

Good times.

Webster = Woolf

Lets hope so but can we rely on that?

Truly impaired.

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:58 - Jul 27 with 3144 viewsHerbivore

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:53 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

Why gamble our season by having only two senior CBs? We really need two. I don't care about Knudsen being able to play there etc. Chambers said two at the open day so oi'm hoping Hurst agrees. If we get one and then Chambers or the new CB get injured we are screwed.

If we could only sign two more players they should both be CBs IMO.

Personally I'm actually up for giving the youngsters a chance and that doesn't happen if you bloat the squad with experienced pros. Woolfie looks capable of chipping in with a few games at least. Chalobah is also a CB and both Spence and Knudsen can play there too if we have a crisis.

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 14:01 - Jul 27 with 3125 viewsflimflam

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:58 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

Webster = Woolf

Lets hope so but can we rely on that?

PH seems to rate him and age is no issue if you are good enough although daft to think he will play all season but by all accounts decent enough to be a first team squad centre half.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 3107 viewsJ2BLUE

Going forwards!? We appear to be going backwards on 13:58 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

Personally I'm actually up for giving the youngsters a chance and that doesn't happen if you bloat the squad with experienced pros. Woolfie looks capable of chipping in with a few games at least. Chalobah is also a CB and both Spence and Knudsen can play there too if we have a crisis.

It would be great if he came through and cemented a place but chipping in with a few games isn't really enough. I'd prefer to loan him out until Christmas and get a couple of CBs in. I hope you're right, I just think it's a big and unnecessary gamble. Hurst himself has said we have players who can play there but that leaves us short at full back.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024