Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson... 12:53 - Jul 30 with 14566 viewsKieran_Knows

... close to joining according to Sky.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kayden Jackson... on 13:17 - Jul 30 with 1985 viewsDanFord

Kayden Jackson... on 13:15 - Jul 30 by chicoazul

Surely we will sign another forward if Waghorn goes luv? I will be amazed if Harrison or Jackson turn out as good as Waghorn and I can't agree that Waghorn couldn't do the one up top role we saw Harrison play at the weekend. Waghorn is good with his back to goal, uses his body, and has excellent ball control.

But hey, at least if we sell Waghorn it means Evans wont have to float us for another season or so, that's good for him isnt it.

I bet if you found a £50 note on the floor you'd moan that you had to bend down to reach it. What a miserable ....
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 13:17]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:17 - Jul 30 with 1977 viewschicoazul

Kayden Jackson... on 13:14 - Jul 30 by DanFord

And we aren't Tottenham you pillock. The point being that Spurs fans were underwhelmed by one of their own who hadn't done much at a much easier level. He's not just good enough for Spurs but one of the best strikers in the bloody world. Yet somehow Jackson can't develop into a competent Championship player?

This is so nonsensical that I just cant be bothered and normally I love correcting people.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:18 - Jul 30 with 1966 viewschicoazul

Kayden Jackson... on 13:15 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

No. I believe we’ll eventually be replacing Garner with Jackson

hmm, fair point. Let's see what happens I guess.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Kayden Jackson... on 13:18 - Jul 30 with 1967 viewsitfcjoe

Kayden Jackson... on 13:16 - Jul 30 by Guthrum

I think it more likely we're signing him anyway and the Waghorn bit is overheated media extrapolation.

That's not to say he won't go to Derby at some point, just that I doubt the Jackson move would be the trigger. Plus I think Harrison may be seen more as the "top scorer" replacement.

Waghorn sitting on the bench for 2 friendlies makes it pretty clear he's going to go

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:19 - Jul 30 with 1951 viewsElderGrizzly

Kayden Jackson... on 13:02 - Jul 30 by ITFCBlues

Which is why I think he will be sold unless he plays as a number 10? But I don’t think you get the best outta him there.

Could we afford Jackson without selling Waghorn? Talk of a 1.25m fee?

You’d presume that a deal for Tilt could still be some as well...

We can afford fees of that level without Waghorn’s sale. Especially if you think we have minimum £4.5m in this summer already, plus some fairly easy add-ons from Webster’s sale.

Question is will Evans roll the dice ever so slightly?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 13:20]
Kayden Jackson... on 13:20 - Jul 30 with 1941 viewschicoazul

I think it more likely we're signing him anyway and the Waghorn bit is overheated media extrapolation.

That's not to say he won't go to Derby at some point, just that I doubt the Jackson move would be the trigger. Plus I think Harrison may be seen more as the "top scorer" replacement.

There's no way Waghorn is staying. The question is how will we replace him?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:21 - Jul 30 with 1933 viewsdavblue

Kayden Jackson... on 12:56 - Jul 30 by SomethingBlue

No, we need him anyway.

I'm still struggling a little to see where Waghorn plays in this new system, by the way, and am increasingly minded to take the cash.

I think Hurst is playing the game here.

Says he rates him etc (which he probably does) but would take the money as he doesn't fit what he wants and could do with the extra cash to remodel the squad.
Kayden Jackson... on 13:21 - Jul 30 with 1920 viewsElderGrizzly

Kayden Jackson... on 13:18 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

Waghorn sitting on the bench for 2 friendlies makes it pretty clear he's going to go

Only if someone pays £8m+ though and one of those clubs stupid enough to pay it has just lost their main source of transfer income
Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson... on 13:22 - Jul 30 with 1915 viewsDanFord

Kayden Jackson... on 13:17 - Jul 30 by chicoazul

This is so nonsensical that I just cant be bothered and normally I love correcting people.

So you can't actually come back with an actual reply to a point showing that even players deemed not good enough by their own fans can end up being not only their star player but one of the best in the world so come out with this rubbish instead? Jon Walters, Aaron Cresswell, Tyrone Mings, Adam Webster, all promising young players we sold for decent money and / or went to the Premier League. But you've already written off a 16 goal scorer from League Two who is only 24. Muppet.

Kayden Jackson... on 13:22 - Jul 30 with 1914 viewsKieran_Knows

Kayden Jackson... on 13:21 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

Only if someone pays £8m+ though and one of those clubs stupid enough to pay it has just lost their main source of transfer income

Whilst another interested party is about to gain £7m.

Kayden Jackson... on 13:22 - Jul 30 with 1909 viewsfloridaboy

Kayden Jackson... on 13:14 - Jul 30 by DanFord

And we aren't Tottenham you pillock. The point being that Spurs fans were underwhelmed by one of their own who hadn't done much at a much easier level. He's not just good enough for Spurs but one of the best strikers in the bloody world. Yet somehow Jackson can't develop into a competent Championship player?

Now now girls. Lets not have any name calling please!

At the end of the day it is all about opinions, that is what this board is all about.

All transfers from lower divisions are gambles. Some work some don't. Many that ITFC have taken in the past have gone on to be very good players. Cresswell, Walters, Stewart to name three.

The only way to find out if lower league players are any good is to trust the judgement of the manager and take a chance. Get the impression Hurst knows what he is doing and what he wants from players. We have to give him a chance.

Really think there will be more highs than lows but time will tell.

At least he is not signing aging pros who are looking at a pay off before hanging up their boots!!!!
Kayden Jackson... on 13:23 - Jul 30 with 1894 viewsMonkey_Blue

More excited about the defender as opposed to Jackson. His goal scoring record is pretty poor. Having said that with little footage it’s hard to know but he didn’t do much at this level for Barnsley
Kayden Jackson... on 13:23 - Jul 30 with 1896 viewsSuperfrans

Harrison, Garner, a rejuvenated Sears and Jackson. Plus Folami, Roberts and the potential to bring in a Prem loanee until the end of August.

That should leave us with enough options - or enough for PH to have a look at until January.

Personally, I’m a bit concerned that we’re going to rush to do deals. But our priority should be defence - 2x CHs and 1/2 x FBs.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Kayden Jackson... on 13:24 - Jul 30 with 1891 viewsDanFord

Kayden Jackson... on 13:22 - Jul 30 by floridaboy

Now now girls. Lets not have any name calling please!

At the end of the day it is all about opinions, that is what this board is all about.

All transfers from lower divisions are gambles. Some work some don't. Many that ITFC have taken in the past have gone on to be very good players. Cresswell, Walters, Stewart to name three.

The only way to find out if lower league players are any good is to trust the judgement of the manager and take a chance. Get the impression Hurst knows what he is doing and what he wants from players. We have to give him a chance.

Really think there will be more highs than lows but time will tell.

At least he is not signing aging pros who are looking at a pay off before hanging up their boots!!!!

Hurst, who remember has been hugely successful everywhere he has managed and last year took the relegation favourites to within a match of the Championship. I think he knows a player when he sees one. He's consistently proved that.

Kayden Jackson... on 13:24 - Jul 30 with 1886 viewschicoazul

Kayden Jackson... on 13:22 - Jul 30 by DanFord

So you can't actually come back with an actual reply to a point showing that even players deemed not good enough by their own fans can end up being not only their star player but one of the best in the world so come out with this rubbish instead? Jon Walters, Aaron Cresswell, Tyrone Mings, Adam Webster, all promising young players we sold for decent money and / or went to the Premier League. But you've already written off a 16 goal scorer from League Two who is only 24. Muppet.

I haven't "written off" anyone you melt. I *have* asked if it is true that this is who we are replacing our best player with.

Kayden Jackson... on 13:24 - Jul 30 with 1878 viewsElderGrizzly

Kayden Jackson... on 13:22 - Jul 30 by Kieran_Knows

Oh agree, but just one club in the game doesn’t help drive the price.

It is the club who would be a more likely destination though.

I still think Jackson would replace Garner and even if he is seen as a Waghorn replacement, maybe it is good we are getting our business done before he leaves?
Kayden Jackson... on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 1896 viewsPhilTWTD

That link was played down when I asked about it earlier unless the situation has moved on significantly.
Kayden Jackson... on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 1864 viewsReuser_is_God

Kayden Jackson... on 13:22 - Jul 30 by Kieran_Knows

Has their been firm interest from Boro?

Not saying their hasn’t been but the only 2 clubs that have publicly pursued Waghorn are Derby & Sheff U.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:26 - Jul 30 with 1861 viewsGuthrum

Kayden Jackson... on 13:18 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

Quite possibly so, but there may well be hold-ups elsewhere in the chain. I just don't believe Jackson is actually part of that chain in the way the press are implying.

Or Hurst simply wanted to have a look at his other options before the season starts.

We'll find out in the next couple of weeks. Altho the whole thing could fall through yet and Waghorn find himself still at Town whether he wants to be or not. In which case he seems the kind of character who would continue to put in the proper effort for the team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kayden Jackson... on 13:26 - Jul 30 with 1860 viewsDanFord

Kayden Jackson... on 13:23 - Jul 30 by Monkey_Blue

More excited about the defender as opposed to Jackson. His goal scoring record is pretty poor. Having said that with little footage it’s hard to know but he didn’t do much at this level for Barnsley

It isn't poor. He got 16 last season. It was poor before that but he's 24. Plenty of players are like that. I bet Harry Kane wouldn't have got 10 goals for us if he'd have played for us 10 years ago because he'd have been about 13! The most ridiculous point in case here is Waghorn. At 25 he'd done very little in the Championship. At 28 he's been scored 16, made 11 and is supposedly worth £8m! But yet people seem to be certain that no other player can improve as they get older!

Kayden Jackson... on 13:26 - Jul 30 with 1862 viewsKieran_Knows

Kayden Jackson... on 13:25 - Jul 30 by PhilTWTD

That link was played down when I asked about it earlier unless the situation has moved on significantly.

As I put on Joe's thread, this was from the same chap who broke the Donacien news earlier. Jackson was still at the club as he was interviewing him, so not sure how close a deal can be really?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:26 - Jul 30 with 1844 viewsElderGrizzly

Kayden Jackson... on 13:23 - Jul 30 by Superfrans

Harrison, Garner, a rejuvenated Sears and Jackson. Plus Folami, Roberts and the potential to bring in a Prem loanee until the end of August.

That should leave us with enough options - or enough for PH to have a look at until January.

Personally, I’m a bit concerned that we’re going to rush to do deals. But our priority should be defence - 2x CHs and 1/2 x FBs.

Agree, the loan window is going to be very good this season for clubs at our level.

3weeks to sort deals after 9th August and players at PL clubs will know they either move or play in reserves for 3 months.

We could get some very good deals that could really lift us to another level
Kayden Jackson... on 13:27 - Jul 30 with 1833 viewsDanFord

Kayden Jackson... on 13:24 - Jul 30 by chicoazul

I haven't "written off" anyone you melt. I *have* asked if it is true that this is who we are replacing our best player with.

Waghorn hasn't gone and can only go if we get a suitable bid. So how the heck are we replacing him with Jackson you dimwit. We can only replace Waghorn once he has gone. Otherwise we are simply adding to Waghorn.

Kayden Jackson... on 13:29 - Jul 30 with 1807 viewschicoazul

Kayden Jackson... on 13:27 - Jul 30 by DanFord

Waghorn hasn't gone and can only go if we get a suitable bid. So how the heck are we replacing him with Jackson you dimwit. We can only replace Waghorn once he has gone. Otherwise we are simply adding to Waghorn.

We'll see. You have told us all summer that what Hurst raises he can spend, so we'll see.

Kayden Jackson... on 13:29 - Jul 30 with 1821 viewsPhilTWTD

Kayden Jackson... on 13:26 - Jul 30 by Kieran_Knows

As I put on Joe's thread, this was from the same chap who broke the Donacien news earlier. Jackson was still at the club as he was interviewing him, so not sure how close a deal can be really?

That's in line with what I was told from this end. Think there's a lot of speculation suggesting things are further down the line than they are even if I'm confident there is something in the interest.

Also seems to be this idea that Town are simply waiting for someone to come in before Waggy goes, which isn't the case as I gather it and from what Paul H said on Saturday. No one has yet met the valuation.

And, of course, Vydra not going to Leeds impacts on whether Derby are able to spend money due to FFP issues.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024