Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timeframe for team to gel and progress? 19:21 - Aug 8 with 4051 viewsottovonbismark

Hi

What are people’s expectations for the length of time it will take for the ‘new’ team to gel and progress under Hurst.

We are, hopefully, going to see a transformation in the long term of how the team sets up, passes and press the opposition.

I think 10 - 12 games for it all to settle down and we begin to see some consistency in terms of selection, performance and results. I’m certainly not expecting miracles this season just steady visible progress. Maybe the new year for some serious progress.

What do you think or expect?
Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 19:29 - Aug 8 with 4013 viewsBlueBadger

Realistically, I think we shouldn't worry over much(unless we're utterly, utterly mired in the bottom 3, obvs) about consistency and form until after Christmas.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 19:35 - Aug 8 with 3978 viewsBlueySwede

Hard to say. I mean, we are not the only team with man new players. Sometimes a certain grupp of players click faster than others. One good thing is that hurst seem go build his teams to play in a certain way, and keeps his preferred formation.
Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 19:49 - Aug 8 with 3948 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

45 mins, by which time we’ll be 4-0 up away at Rotherham with Jackson, Harrison, Edwards & Windass all on the scoresheet
Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 19:59 - Aug 8 with 3934 viewsElderGrizzly

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 19:29 - Aug 8 by BlueBadger

Realistically, I think we shouldn't worry over much(unless we're utterly, utterly mired in the bottom 3, obvs) about consistency and form until after Christmas.

Agreed. This is a10th to 14th season and that is successful with the rebuild that is going on.
Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 20:02 - Aug 8 with 3920 viewsHerbivore

Tough to say, we've overhauled the squad way more than I was expecting. In theory we could line up with an entirely new outfield 10 at the weekend if Knudsen goes and we bring in a couple more.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 21:00 - Aug 8 with 3848 viewsOldTimer2

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 20:02 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

Tough to say, we've overhauled the squad way more than I was expecting. In theory we could line up with an entirely new outfield 10 at the weekend if Knudsen goes and we bring in a couple more.

Do wonder if PH has decided that the squad he inherited was not as good as he thought and is making a bigger change than planned, helped by the Waghorn/Webster money.

Bobby Robson - thank you

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 21:03 - Aug 8 with 3841 viewsMVBlue

Well I believe what he achieved in his full season last year at Shrewsbury Town was an unsteady start followed by a solid unit team pushing into the playoffs and final in the second half of the season. That would be fantastic, it did follow a slow but not failing start to their campaign.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 21:05 - Aug 8 with 3831 viewswkj

You'd think by the January transfer window, Hurst doesn't seem the type to suffer fools gladly- so players will want to be in his good books well and truely by then.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 22:45 - Aug 8 with 3754 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

First 10-12 games will be key.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 22:48 - Aug 8 with 3743 viewsHerbivore

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 21:03 - Aug 8 by MVBlue

Well I believe what he achieved in his full season last year at Shrewsbury Town was an unsteady start followed by a solid unit team pushing into the playoffs and final in the second half of the season. That would be fantastic, it did follow a slow but not failing start to their campaign.

You're way off chief, they were early pace setters and top of the league. They faded very slightly towards the end of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 23:04 - Aug 8 with 3706 viewsslump

When we've got 50+ points

UTT

8 games... on 23:05 - Aug 8 with 3700 viewsunstableblue

.. obviously

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 08:25 - Aug 9 with 3543 viewsCoastalblue

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 21:00 - Aug 8 by OldTimer2

Do wonder if PH has decided that the squad he inherited was not as good as he thought and is making a bigger change than planned, helped by the Waghorn/Webster money.

I think seeing the transfer activity and looking back at some of the comments he made when pre-season started it appears he was less than impressed by much of what he found.

I'll be happy with a slow upward trajectory with some entertainment along the way, if we can go above our 15th spot and look like we have something to build on that will do for me.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 12:11 - Aug 9 with 3477 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I reckon 12 months.

The new players will all take different times to adjust. Some will adapt quickly. Others will take time and some may actually fail to make the grade, in which case the manager will probably make further changes.

My expectations for the season have gone down, because I expected that Hurst would have to manage what Mick had left behind. On that basis, and with a bit of luck on the injury front, I had hoped for a top half finish. I don’t know what to expect now, but I feel more positive about the longer term. If the new team show promise and we don’t get sucked into a relegation battle, I for one will be quite happy.

Poll: Our final position

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 12:19 - Aug 9 with 3457 viewsSomethingBlue

Tricky one. I think we'll take a few proper beatings over the first half of the season, that's for sure. I'm inclined not to worry overly about results until Christmas (unless we're miles adrift or something) and then take another look from there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 3445 viewschicoazul

This is the biggest sea change we have seen in many years, probably since Keane arrived and maybe since Jim got his hands on the MEG money and subsequently went insane. New manager, new coaching team, new fitness training, new style, new squad. Like you I hope for steady visible progress but I dont care where we finish this year as long as we dont go down. Who knows how long it will take but Hurst has already got us playing very differently from the last few years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 12:27 - Aug 9 with 3437 viewsitfcjoe

If he can keep us clear of a relegation fight this season then I'll be well happy - don't want to get dragged into anything.

Hope to see lots of progress but if we can come mid table and look good then I am very excited for 2019/20 when he has a full pre season with his squad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Timeframe for team to gel and progress? on 12:36 - Aug 9 with 3396 viewsReuser_is_God

This season will be up & down, I'll be happy if we don't have any relegation fears come end of February.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024