Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers Interview 13:54 - Aug 17 with 3864 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Compelling viewing

I believe Chambers responded in an intelligent and measured response and am thankful he is our club captain.

His comment on the fact that every individual responds differently and they are not necessarily going to speak out in front of people is completely correct. Everyone is different.

Must be extremely difficult for him to create cohesion in the dressing room with so many new faces in such a short space of time I for one is grateful the role Chambers plays in our club.

Chambers Interview on 14:09 - Aug 17 with 3792 viewsGuthrum

I thought it made him look rather uncomfortable. Which is not really fair on a bloke who is trying to provide leadership within a much-changed squad while having to adjust his own game to an unfamiliar system. He's forced to tread a fine line between the questions he's being asked and the manager he has to work with.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chambers Interview on 14:20 - Aug 17 with 3729 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Chambers Interview on 14:09 - Aug 17 by Guthrum

I thought it made him look rather uncomfortable. Which is not really fair on a bloke who is trying to provide leadership within a much-changed squad while having to adjust his own game to an unfamiliar system. He's forced to tread a fine line between the questions he's being asked and the manager he has to work with.

I thought he looked angry which is no bad thing to be honest and fair play the club media man for asking it shows Chambers passion for the club.

He answered the questions thoughtfully and honestly, he didn’t dodge the questions, add to this interview his comments regarding lack of investment in the club last season he obviously cares about our club and wants to succeed at Ipswich.
Chambers Interview on 14:31 - Aug 17 with 3675 viewsCurrie10

Chambers Interview on 14:09 - Aug 17 by Guthrum

Same as you he looked very twitchy and not his usual self during the interview.
Chambers Interview on 14:43 - Aug 17 with 3646 viewsGuthrum

Chambers Interview on 14:20 - Aug 17 by Blue_Dwarf

I thought he looked angry which is no bad thing to be honest and fair play the club media man for asking it shows Chambers passion for the club.

He answered the questions thoughtfully and honestly, he didn’t dodge the questions, add to this interview his comments regarding lack of investment in the club last season he obviously cares about our club and wants to succeed at Ipswich.

I don't think there was anything much wrong with what Chambers said, nor do I think he lacks passion for the team.

I just thought the line of questioning put him on the spot, he was forced to choose between confirming the impression there's something wrong with the squad (e.g. players not putting in the effort) or going against the manager by suggesting he was wrong in having a go at the team. He threaded that very fine line ok, but it was clearly not comfortable. And it did nothing to smooth the perceived situation.

It also looked like he hadn't been given a chance to compose his answer beforehand (i.e. by knowing the question was coming). Which is fine for investigative journalism, but you'd expect the in-house media to provide a more benign environment.

Chambers Interview on 14:53 - Aug 17 with 3605 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Chambers Interview on 14:43 - Aug 17 by Guthrum

I don't think there was anything much wrong with what Chambers said, nor do I think he lacks passion for the team.

I just thought the line of questioning put him on the spot, he was forced to choose between confirming the impression there's something wrong with the squad (e.g. players not putting in the effort) or going against the manager by suggesting he was wrong in having a go at the team. He threaded that very fine line ok, but it was clearly not comfortable. And it did nothing to smooth the perceived situation.

It also looked like he hadn't been given a chance to compose his answer beforehand (i.e. by knowing the question was coming). Which is fine for investigative journalism, but you'd expect the in-house media to provide a more benign environment.

Maybe Hurst sent the questions to the media department for Chambers to answer then as a test.

I get the impression the players left over from the previous regime probably are thinking blimey we are one of only a few left and feel under threat.
Chambers Interview on 16:57 - Aug 17 with 3436 viewsSE1blue

Hope he scores on Saturday...I've got him at 20/1 anytime goalscorer.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Chambers Interview on 17:01 - Aug 17 with 3421 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers Interview on 14:53 - Aug 17 by Blue_Dwarf

Maybe Hurst sent the questions to the media department for Chambers to answer then as a test.

I get the impression the players left over from the previous regime probably are thinking blimey we are one of only a few left and feel under threat.

I hope that first sentence was a sarcastic one.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chambers Interview on 17:19 - Aug 17 with 3377 viewsBlueDiamond

Chambers Interview on 17:01 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

The spark has gone out of him. I would think it is very hard to deal with the loss of an experienced manager to be replaced by a rottweiler type with no proven skills who shouts a lot.

I would imagine he is praying for MM to get another club so he can follow him.

There is nothing left that is recognisable as an Ipswich team sadly just a mish-mash of Div 1 players and a manger out of his depth.
Login to get fewer ads

Chambers Interview on 17:22 - Aug 17 with 3363 viewshype313

Chambers Interview on 17:19 - Aug 17 by BlueDiamond

The spark has gone out of him. I would think it is very hard to deal with the loss of an experienced manager to be replaced by a rottweiler type with no proven skills who shouts a lot.

There is nothing left that is recognisable as an Ipswich team sadly just a mish-mash of Div 1 players and a manger out of his depth.

Blimey.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Chambers Interview on 17:35 - Aug 17 with 3316 viewsBlueDiamond

Chambers Interview on 17:22 - Aug 17 by hype313

Blimey.

Just call 'em as I see 'em! :)
Chambers Interview on 17:45 - Aug 17 with 3290 viewsGuthrum

'No proven skills'. Hmm, let's look at Hurst's record of success at every club he's managed ...

Chambers Interview on 17:50 - Aug 17 with 3272 viewsCurrie10

Chambers Interview on 17:45 - Aug 17 by Guthrum

'No proven skills'. Hmm, let's look at Hurst's record of success at every club he's managed ...

Hurst's been excellent so far - but untested at this level so it is a gamble.

Hopefully one that works :)
Chambers Interview on 17:59 - Aug 17 with 3241 viewsGuthrum

Chambers Interview on 17:50 - Aug 17 by Currie10

Hurst's been excellent so far - but untested at this level so it is a gamble.

Hopefully one that works :)

But he can't be depicted as some utter rookie who's been parachuted straight into a Championship job. Which is a lot of the language being used about both Hurst and the players he's hired, as if they have no history or experience behind them, like the divisions below ours don't exist.

Chambers Interview on 18:04 - Aug 17 with 3218 viewspointofblue

Ignoring the first two sentences, isn't the reason McCarthy left because enough of the fanbase were sick and tried of what was 'recognisible as an Ipswich team'?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 18:16]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Chambers Interview on 18:10 - Aug 17 with 3209 viewsSuperblue95

I agree, we should be hoofing our way to 14th with a minimum of ten 0-0 draws. That's the Ipswich way

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chambers Interview on 19:36 - Aug 17 with 3067 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Chambers Interview on 17:01 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Of course it was written with tongue firmly in cheek!
Chambers Interview on 20:35 - Aug 17 with 2935 viewsHarry_Palmer

Oh dear....
Chambers Interview on 20:43 - Aug 17 with 2908 viewsPinewoodblue

Chambers Interview on 17:45 - Aug 17 by Guthrum

Hurst win ratio is 49.9 which is higher than either than Bobby Robson over his career.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Chambers Interview on 20:57 - Aug 17 with 2865 viewshector_clifford

Chambers Interview on 18:04 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

Ignoring the first two sentences, isn't the reason McCarthy left because enough of the fanbase were sick and tried of what was 'recognisible as an Ipswich team'?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 18:16]

But what Brian Klug did at the end of last season, both on and off the pitch, shows perhaps this much change was not needed.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Chambers Interview on 21:23 - Aug 17 with 2769 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Chambers Interview on 21:45 - Aug 17 with 2706 viewsolimar

Chambers Interview on 21:23 - Aug 17 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Chambers probably sees him around the club 2-3 times a week. The two of them probably are very familiar.
Chambers Interview on 22:57 - Aug 17 with 2592 viewsCoastalblue

Chambers Interview on 20:57 - Aug 17 by hector_clifford

But what Brian Klug did at the end of last season, both on and off the pitch, shows perhaps this much change was not needed.

Klug said he had no interest in the job, I suspect he would hve been a strong candidate otherwise.

I wonder if some people would have been happier if Lampard had come here with his wealth of managerial experience?

We're three games in with someone considered to be one of the brightest young managers in the football league, I think we need to wait and see for a few games at least.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Chambers Interview on 23:02 - Aug 17 with 2586 viewspatrickswell

Chambers Interview on 20:43 - Aug 17 by Pinewoodblue

Hurst win ratio is 49.9 which is higher than either than Bobby Robson over his career.

Impressive numbers but as always a flawed comparison given that,apart from a short spell with Fulham in the Second Division, Bobby managed exclusively in the top leagues with every club he managed. Had he managed to squeeze in 5 years covering the third tier through to the Northern Premier League (as a son of the North East, he could have worked wonders at Spennymoor United), I think those numbers would be closer.
Chambers Interview on 23:06 - Aug 17 with 2579 viewshector_clifford

Chambers Interview on 22:57 - Aug 17 by Coastalblue

Klug said he had no interest in the job, I suspect he would hve been a strong candidate otherwise.

I wonder if some people would have been happier if Lampard had come here with his wealth of managerial experience?

We're three games in with someone considered to be one of the brightest young managers in the football league, I think we need to wait and see for a few games at least.

You're right, I just don't think he needed to change so much so soon
I know Klug didn't want the job, but he showed what could be done with micks players, but a different voice and style of play.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Chambers Interview on 05:26 - Aug 18 with 2432 viewsBenters2

Chambers Interview on 18:10 - Aug 17 by Superblue95

I agree, we should be hoofing our way to 14th with a minimum of ten 0-0 draws. That's the Ipswich way

How i miss those days already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024