Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? 21:02 - Sep 23 with 1532 viewsITFC_Follower

- With the players we have to work with?
- On our budget?
- With our numbskulls?
Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 1521 viewsSuperblue95

Several managers

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:04 - Sep 23 with 1512 viewsBloomBlue

Gary Megson
Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:05 - Sep 23 with 1513 viewstextbackup

any number of out of work merry go rounders would snap it up, knowing that they'd still have a job even if we did drop as could blame it on the poor start to season under previous manager.

fwiw I wanted warburton in the summer, so if hurst did go id want him again
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 21:30]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:09 - Sep 23 with 1490 viewsITFC_Follower

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:05 - Sep 23 by textbackup

any number of out of work merry go rounders would snap it up, knowing that they'd still have a job even if we did drop as could blame it on the poor start to season under previous manager.

I like the idea of Warburton too. Think he has been a bit unlucky in his last couple of jobs.
Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:13 - Sep 23 with 1478 viewsvapour_trail

An excellent question, one I’ve been thinking about.

The job of manager of Ipswich town football club is probably less attractive than it’s been at any point in my lifetime.

In the main, this is Evans fault. He had led the club through a decade of drift. He’s an aborration in our history and he needs to be cleared out.

You also correctly identify the fckwit element in our fanbase that hounded out the previous manager. Whilst we pretty much all wanted him gone, the behaviour of our fans has been widely reported and condemned. Singing with the Norwich fans at Carrow Road is about as low as you can get. These people are a cancer on the club.

Klug himself declared the fans treatment of mick was hindering recruitment of youngsters. It’s a tough gig to sell to a decent manager now.

Best case scenario, Cardiff sack Colin and we persuade him to come. He’d love a fight and a nasty atmosphere so it might attract him, and by god he’d replicate the spirit of mick.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:28 - Sep 23 with 1434 viewsGuthrum

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:05 - Sep 23 by textbackup

I tend to feel that Warburton would be a good fit for ITFC.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:32 - Sep 23 with 1420 viewsITFC_Follower

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:13 - Sep 23 by vapour_trail

The job of manager of Ipswich town football club is probably less attractive than it’s been at any point in my lifetime.

In the main, this is Evans fault. He had led the club through a decade of drift. He’s an aborration in our history and he needs to be cleared out.

You also correctly identify the fckwit element in our fanbase that hounded out the previous manager. Whilst we pretty much all wanted him gone, the behaviour of our fans has been widely reported and condemned. Singing with the Norwich fans at Carrow Road is about as low as you can get. These people are a cancer on the club.

Klug himself declared the fans treatment of mick was hindering recruitment of youngsters. It’s a tough gig to sell to a decent manager now.

Best case scenario, Cardiff sack Colin and we persuade him to come. He’d love a fight and a nasty atmosphere so it might attract him, and by god he’d replicate the spirit of mick.

Colin although not a typical ITFC manager (although he has mellowed he says) is to be fair exactly what we need.

Long respected Colin. I think he might have a soft spot for the club too.
Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:32 - Sep 23 with 1418 viewstextbackup

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:28 - Sep 23 by Guthrum

I tend to feel that Warburton would be a good fit for ITFC.

I was so sure of the fit that I even put £3 on it! I hardly ever bet, but that for me just felt right.
hes got one of them voices that when he talks I just gaze at and listen to.... could see him stood talking about the youngsters etc.

fully back hurst, but if it happens then warbs for me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 22:01 - Sep 23 with 1348 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Burley wants the job.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 22:11 - Sep 23 with 1319 viewsBigalhunter

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 21:13 - Sep 23 by vapour_trail

You say ME is an 'aborration' (sic) but how exactly do you envisage clearing him out? Buy it off him and pump more cash in yourself? I don't think there's a queue of wealthy investors just waiting to take it off his hands.

I agree about the fckwit element and unfortunately it's a growing section of the club's followers. This website illustrates that perfectly.

The perfect manager for producing something servicable out of a pile of reject parts was hounded out and now the numbos are snapping their willies off because the replacement isn't producing playstation soccerball with a bunch of League 1 no marks.

'Be careful what you wish for' seemed to pi*s the majority off last season, but never has it been so apt.

I think the bed has been made and we're all just going to have lie in it.
Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 22:37 - Sep 23 with 1258 viewsITFC_Follower

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 22:11 - Sep 23 by Bigalhunter

You say ME is an 'aborration' (sic) but how exactly do you envisage clearing him out? Buy it off him and pump more cash in yourself? I don't think there's a queue of wealthy investors just waiting to take it off his hands.

I agree about the fckwit element and unfortunately it's a growing section of the club's followers. This website illustrates that perfectly.

The perfect manager for producing something servicable out of a pile of reject parts was hounded out and now the numbos are snapping their willies off because the replacement isn't producing playstation soccerball with a bunch of League 1 no marks.

'Be careful what you wish for' seemed to pi*s the majority off last season, but never has it been so apt.

I think the bed has been made and we're all just going to have lie in it.

I agree with a lot of what you have just said.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 22:38]
Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 22:49 - Sep 23 with 1226 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Plenty of managers.

I don’t think Warnock would come here for a second and I don’t think Evans would offer him enough money.

Burley is an absolute no no for me. The memories I have of his time in charge are likely to be the best I ever have of supporting Town and I don’t want anything to tarnish that
Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 22:55 - Sep 23 with 1207 viewsITFC_Follower

Who else is going to want to come and manage Ipswich? on 22:49 - Sep 23 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Plenty of managers.

I don’t think Warnock would come here for a second and I don’t think Evans would offer him enough money.

Burley is an absolute no no for me. The memories I have of his time in charge are likely to be the best I ever have of supporting Town and I don’t want anything to tarnish that

Agree on the Burley point we cant keep going back. Those days have gone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024