Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune. 11:53 - Oct 3 with 893 viewsgazzer1999

All we hear on here is about lack of investment, so we all know that ME does not spend a penny on the club (wrong).
We have some good young coaches at the club already, under23's is testament to that, how much money have they had spent on the team to go got of the league?
Why we needed to go out and buy average league 1 players is beyond me, when they are clearly not as good as we already have on the books, but continually overlooked.
We should not have loaned players out for experience and then bring in other loanees to replace them, they are not our future but our own are. We keep losing or not winning, maybe we should have tried our own players first.
Sir Bobby spent very little money on players in his time here just brought through youngsters and played them.

Hurst will be remembered for failing at the "Ipswich way", and after last nights performance I don't think he has anywhere left to go with us. I am sure ME will give him more time because that will be a cheaper option in the hope he turns it round. I just wonder in his other successful businesses he does the same, I can see the crowds getting smaller as the weeks go by.
Klug should have been offered the director of football job, with the 2 coaches we had at the end of the season looking after the first team affairs.
I just hope ME sees the error and corrects it sooner rather than later.

For the record I stated before I was not inspired by Hurst's appointment but for the love of the club I hoped it would work.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 11:53]
Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune. on 12:28 - Oct 3 with 839 viewsScuzzer

Your heading is correct....as was proved by Mick Mac.
I think we are now seeing just what he was up against in terms of what restrictions the owner had in place.
I do however disagree on the investment side of things. The club has benefited greatly in terms of revenue generated by player sales all the way back to his takeover. In comparison to this income the expenditure on players is just not comparable. To me it just appears to be a Championship version of Ashley at Newcastle. I just don't believe that Evans is now rich enough to maintain the ownership of a football club. Trouble is who in their right mind would be prepared to buy such an emaciated club?

Established 1968

Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune. on 12:30 - Oct 3 with 837 viewsSuperblue95

"Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune"

Why is Pep so highly praised then?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune. on 12:38 - Oct 3 with 825 viewsJamma

Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune. on 12:30 - Oct 3 by Superblue95

They don't need to...but it does make their lives a lot easier if they have £500 million in the kitty to spend. :)

To be fair, he does spend it well though.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 12:38]
Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune. on 17:57 - Oct 3 with 780 viewsgazzer1999

Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune. on 12:30 - Oct 3 by Superblue95

We are in a different ballpark here aren't we? Do you think Pep could not make us play better than we currently do?
As I stated in my earlier post Sir Bobby was a great manager who knew how to get the best out of players, and in turn make them great players. How many of the team that won the FA Cup cost us money? just 3 Cooper £20.000 Hunter approx £70.000 and Mariner £240.000 of which cash that changed hands was about £120.000 the rest was player exchange. That meant the rest of the team came through the ranks, 9 of the 12 including Mick Mills who started at Portsmouth but arrived when they disbanded their youth system.
How many clubs can boast 9 home grown players in a 12 that won the FA Cup now, it can still be done.
I think Bryan Klug and his coaches could do it, to some extent with a small investment. They should have been given the job in the first place, hopefully not to long before ME realises it.
Good coaches do not need to spend a fortune. on 18:05 - Oct 3 with 758 viewsjas0999

A fortune no. But certainly more re investment than has been on offer. MM should have been allowed to spend more of the Mings money for example. He even said recently, if he’d have been given half he’d have got us promoted. I don’t disagree. Good coaches can work with less money, but they need some. Evans has provided very little for some time now. Not even competitive in terms of funding.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024