Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why prolong the agony? 22:32 - Oct 2 with 2854 viewstabletopjoe

Marcus Evans has been proven to be an abject failure over far too long a period of ownership of the club, with the perilous state of it ever more obvious as each painful match goes by. His only masterstroke was to employ Mick McCarthy, who managed to save Evans’ skin after the employment of two previous hopeless managers, with an eye-watering amount of money wasted on players who neither worked as a team or were willing to put in any decent effort to mount a serious challenge in the division. McCarthy then proceeded to play a safe style of football which ensured that the club could survive in the Championship without having to spend the sort of money which any team with ambition would have to spend to mount a half decent promotion challenge. Things never got bad enough for the fans to really complain and in the end McCarthy gave up as he realised what a pointless situation he was in.

Now with Hurst, who is still finding his feet at this level with a terrible start, Evans’ ambition is truly exposed as Hurst is unable to work any instant magic and the slow destruction of the club continues. There is no way of assessing the slow, torturous decade of ownership without noticing how year by year, slowly but surely the life is being sucked out of the club. And every time you buy a ticket, shirt or other trash on sale at the club shop (which gets more worthless and pointless with every passing week) you are prolonging the agony. You’re just keeping the life support on a bit longer while the club dies in front of your eyes.

There’s no need for pointless demonstrations. Just stop giving this shyster your hard earned money to assist in the demolition of a once proud and sometimes great club. There now can surely be no excuse.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:35]

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Why prolong the agony? on 22:35 - Oct 2 with 2821 viewsBloomBlue

You're assuming that leads to another person buying the club. Even though he has said if the right offer came in he would look at selling the club, but there isn't even a queue of one person trying to buy it from what I can see
Why prolong the agony? on 07:45 - Oct 3 with 2742 viewstabletopjoe

Why prolong the agony? on 22:35 - Oct 2 by BloomBlue

You're assuming that leads to another person buying the club. Even though he has said if the right offer came in he would look at selling the club, but there isn't even a queue of one person trying to buy it from what I can see

I’m not assuming that at all. I’m saying that anything is better than the cruel life support we have at the moment

Why prolong the agony? on 07:59 - Oct 3 with 2724 viewsBluefish

Why prolong the agony? on 07:45 - Oct 3 by tabletopjoe

I’m not assuming that at all. I’m saying that anything is better than the cruel life support we have at the moment

You are saying switching off the life support is better? You do understand the life support is the thing keeping it alive?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why prolong the agony? on 08:07 - Oct 3 with 2708 viewsCoastalblue

Why prolong the agony? on 07:45 - Oct 3 by tabletopjoe

The alternative is no club?

There is absolutley nothing we can do about Evans unless one of us finds a few £100M down the back of the sofa.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Why prolong the agony? on 08:12 - Oct 3 with 2694 viewsBluebell

So are you going to put £6million into the club each year instead?

Or are you happy for the club to fold completely?

Nobody likes what is happening at the moment. People cried out for a young manager, League 1 players etc. Now it's not working everyone is blaming ME.

Yes, he has a lot to answer for but we can't just get rid of him.
Why prolong the agony? on 12:40 - Oct 3 with 2640 viewstabletopjoe

Why prolong the agony? on 07:59 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

You are saying switching off the life support is better? You do understand the life support is the thing keeping it alive?

Switching off life support is never an easy option. But at least in football you know that there can be an afterlife...

Why prolong the agony? on 12:55 - Oct 3 with 2617 viewstabletopjoe

Why prolong the agony? on 08:12 - Oct 3 by Bluebell

Nobody likes what is happening at the moment. People cried out for a young manager, League 1 players etc. Now it's not working everyone is blaming ME.

It’s the only solution. Unless you prefer to see the club slowly get sucked into oblivion

Why prolong the agony? on 12:57 - Oct 3 with 2601 viewsBluefish

Why prolong the agony? on 12:40 - Oct 3 by tabletopjoe

Switching off life support is never an easy option. But at least in football you know that there can be an afterlife...

The afterlife is coming back through the non league pyramid with a reformed club. If you want then then you are are an extra special moron. Just grow a pair ffs

Login to get fewer ads

Why prolong the agony? on 13:11 - Oct 3 with 2581 viewsghostofescobar

Why prolong the agony? on 12:55 - Oct 3 by tabletopjoe

It’s the only solution. Unless you prefer to see the club slowly get sucked into oblivion

Surely it’s only an option if there is someone else who will bankroll the club and take on all the debt? I think ME would probably jump at the chance if he got an offer, but such offers don’t appear to be flooding in (and why would they?).

GhostOfEscobar

Why prolong the agony? on 13:44 - Oct 3 with 2534 viewsjpring89

Why prolong the agony? on 08:07 - Oct 3 by Coastalblue

The alternative is no club?

There is absolutley nothing we can do about Evans unless one of us finds a few £100M down the back of the sofa.

Few 100m for us. You are joking right. Few 100 quid maybe at this rate. This club should be valued between 20-30 million.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Why prolong the agony? on 15:09 - Oct 3 with 2486 viewstabletopjoe

Why prolong the agony? on 12:57 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

The afterlife is coming back through the non league pyramid with a reformed club. If you want then then you are are an extra special moron. Just grow a pair ffs

Evans will soon be taking us below AFC Wimbledon, if that helps you work it out...

Why prolong the agony? on 15:13 - Oct 3 with 2470 viewsBluefish

Why prolong the agony? on 15:09 - Oct 3 by tabletopjoe

Evans will soon be taking us below AFC Wimbledon, if that helps you work it out...

Oh do fook off you are clearly a sister botherer and a tw*t one at that, the decent ones would want us to suffer but not go out of business

Why prolong the agony? on 15:27 - Oct 3 with 2455 viewstabletopjoe

Why prolong the agony? on 15:13 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

Oh do fook off you are clearly a sister botherer and a tw*t one at that, the decent ones would want us to suffer but not go out of business

You are quite clearly an apologist for mediocrity and desire the slow, life-sapping painful destruction of the club. I have no desire for the club to go out of business

Why prolong the agony? on 15:28 - Oct 3 with 2441 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why prolong the agony? on 15:27 - Oct 3 by tabletopjoe

You are quite clearly an apologist for mediocrity and desire the slow, life-sapping painful destruction of the club. I have no desire for the club to go out of business

I bet you get really happy when a player makes a run off the ball though don't you,

he's no where near the ball, but he's running off it. Makes a world of difference you know

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why prolong the agony? on 15:29 - Oct 3 with 2439 viewssotd78

Why prolong the agony? on 08:12 - Oct 3 by Bluebell

He doesn't put £6 million in each year. He sort of underwrites that loss if it occurs. It doesn't/hasn't occurred in some past years where we have seen the accounts.

It is time for Evans to go. We'd be happier in League Two playing inside our budget.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Why prolong the agony? on 15:48 - Oct 3 with 2419 viewsLeagueOne

Why prolong the agony? on 22:35 - Oct 2 by BloomBlue

It's about to become more affordable I would suspect!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Why prolong the agony? on 16:27 - Oct 3 with 2386 viewsCoastalblue

Why prolong the agony? on 13:44 - Oct 3 by jpring89

Few 100m for us. You are joking right. Few 100 quid maybe at this rate. This club should be valued between 20-30 million.

Yep you're right, but say you paid £20M for the Club, to actually get the sale sanctioned you would need to show you could actually sustain it for a while, so probably another £15M or so needed there.

After that, unless we are just going to continue to tread water you actually have to up the investment.

I would think you'd have to have a minimum of £50M you'd be willing to commit over a decade, and that's assuming you don't want to be particularly ambitious.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Why prolong the agony? on 18:16 - Oct 3 with 2326 viewstabletopjoe

Why prolong the agony? on 15:28 - Oct 3 by FrimleyBlue

I bet you get really happy when a player makes a run off the ball though don't you,

he's no where near the ball, but he's running off it. Makes a world of difference you know

No, but why ask

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024