Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sacked 15:21 - Oct 27 with 6870 viewsburian

Any idea what Hurst`s pay off was?
sacked on 15:24 - Oct 27 with 5847 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Bus ticket and a kick up the backside

Poll: Is Billm….

sacked on 15:33 - Oct 27 with 5763 viewsThe_Major

£2.37 and a pack of pickled onion Monster Munch.
sacked on 15:40 - Oct 27 with 5692 viewsfloridaboy

I assumed it was the remainder of his and his mates contracts. Nice earner if you can get it!
sacked on 15:40 - Oct 27 with 5682 viewsWD19

sacked on 15:33 - Oct 27 by The_Major

£2.37 and a pack of pickled onion Monster Munch.

Pickled onion my arse. Beef flavour, at best.
sacked on 15:45 - Oct 27 with 5637 viewsFreddy

He had a 3 years contract so 2:5 yrs to pay up , ? 30k pw so getting on for 4m
sacked on 15:49 - Oct 27 with 5599 viewsWD19

sacked on 15:45 - Oct 27 by Freddy

Hurst would have been on nowhere near that and I would be surprised if there was not some kind of break clause given the punt the club were taking on him.

Best guess would be that we pay up a years notice for all. Summing to about 500k all-in.

I am making it up though.
sacked on 15:56 - Oct 27 with 5525 viewsfloridaboy

No way would he have been on 30k a week. Evans is not that stupid surely!
sacked on 16:02 - Oct 27 with 5466 viewsFreddy

sacked on 15:56 - Oct 27 by floridaboy

No way would he have been on 30k a week. Evans is not that stupid surely!

He had to be on at least 20k so that's still over 2.5m ?
Login to get fewer ads

sacked on 16:07 - Oct 27 with 5436 viewsPhilTWTD

There was a pay-off but not a huge one from what I gather. There'll have been a clause in the contract about a termination I assume.
sacked on 16:08 - Oct 27 with 5418 viewsWD19

sacked on 16:02 - Oct 27 by Freddy

Wasn't Mick on something closer to 15k p/w at best? I am working on the assumption PH got about half that.......which is about x25 more than he deserved.
sacked on 16:08 - Oct 27 with 5416 viewsRobTheMonk

sacked on 16:25 - Oct 27 with 5312 viewsSamWhiteUK

What are you talking about you lunatic? Get your head out your arse
sacked on 16:27 - Oct 27 with 5278 viewsJ2BLUE

You realise that making random rubbish up doesn't male it true right?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

sacked on 22:50 - Oct 27 with 4957 viewsparkinshair

sacked on 16:07 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

There was a pay-off but not a huge one from what I gather. There'll have been a clause in the contract about a termination I assume.

I was told from a reliable source that he had a clause in his contract regarding our position at a certain milestone into the season which meant we could get shot virtually for nothing.

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

sacked on 22:59 - Oct 27 with 4902 viewsCoco

sacked on 16:08 - Oct 27 by WD19

Wasn't Mick on something closer to 15k p/w at best? I am working on the assumption PH got about half that.......which is about x25 more than he deserved.

He was about 250k a year!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

sacked on 23:56 - Oct 27 with 4784 viewshatch

sacked on 16:07 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

I’ve heard rumours there was a clause about relegation zone for a certain period of time and free pay off within a certain amount of time.

Effectively I hear it wasn’t very expensive.
sacked on 00:48 - Oct 28 with 4692 viewsblaggers

sacked on 22:50 - Oct 27 by parkinshair

I was told from a reliable source that he had a clause in his contract regarding our position at a certain milestone into the season which meant we could get shot virtually for nothing.

I heard that too from a source at the club. Compensation would have been factored in by our league position when getting dismissed.

Poll: What happens next?

sacked on 00:56 - Oct 28 with 4677 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Few sacked managers gets their contract paid up in full. Often a years money is paid until they find a new job. There will sometimes be a clause in a manager's contract that if they leave of their own accord they have to pay and if the club terminate the contact the club have to pay. I know of one man who was going to go to a club abroad and the deal said that if he left before the end of the contract he would pay €500,000. In the end the deal collapsed and he didn't go but this would have been the arrangement had he joined.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

sacked on 00:57 - Oct 28 with 4675 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'd take a guess Freddy that he was on around £300,000 a year max, possibly quite a bit less.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

sacked on 08:15 - Oct 28 with 4467 viewsDeano69

Not a chance.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

sacked on 09:02 - Oct 28 with 4388 viewsPhilTWTD

sacked on 22:50 - Oct 27 by parkinshair

I had heard similar and also a rumour that if we were bottom nothing would be paid out which, given what I've been told about a not enormous compensation payment having been due, I don't think can have been true.

Would surprise me if the point in the season when the axe came was a designated point for a break, I assume the international break would have been if such a clause existed. Think there will have been pay-offs to the other staff as well.
sacked on 11:23 - Oct 28 with 4231 viewsparkinshair

sacked on 09:02 - Oct 28 by PhilTWTD

I had heard similar and also a rumour that if we were bottom nothing would be paid out which, given what I've been told about a not enormous compensation payment having been due, I don't think can have been true.

Would surprise me if the point in the season when the axe came was a designated point for a break, I assume the international break would have been if such a clause existed. Think there will have been pay-offs to the other staff as well.

Was told three months.

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

sacked on 13:45 - Oct 28 with 4130 viewsNo9

Maybe not, there may have been a peformance clause in his contract
sacked on 14:06 - Oct 28 with 4080 viewsHARRY10

As it was not for breach of contract then the club will be liable to the rest of his contract - that is not compensation by the way.

This is not usually paid as one lump sum but as per the original contract ie most likely monthly.

However two points should be noted. Any further managing contract would see that amount deducted from the contract he had with the club ie if he was o 10k a week with us, becomes manager at x club on 5k per week we would only be liable for the difference, 5k until his contract with us would have expired.

Wages within football a fairly well skewed towards bonuses, so wages quoted are all too often the maximum that could be earned. So what will be paid out to the Hurst and the others will be the basic wage.
sacked on 14:32 - Oct 28 with 4033 viewsstonojnr

sacked on 09:02 - Oct 28 by PhilTWTD

the version of the story Id heard,and Ive no idea if its anymore accurate than anyone elses, is October was a key break month in the contract, if he'd still been here next week, it would have cost alot more to pay off than him departing this week.

which clearly suggests the contract had targets and break clauses, all of which no doubt impacted on the amount of payoff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024